2019 State Baseball Poll Rankings (Poll #2)(4-14-19)

tonybologna

4 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Greenback already up early in the 2nd inning 5-0 against #3 CAK. If this keeps up, I wonder if they’ll still be considered a “sleeper” lol

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

GB handles CAK 12-5

Greenback then turns around & loses to Grace Christian (Knoxville) 3-2 after beating CAK. If one thing is for sure about them they are inconsistent as a team.

26 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

Greenback then turns around & loses to Grace Christian (Knoxville) 3-2 after beating CAK. If one thing is for sure about them they are inconsistent as a team.

There’s a big story to this. Of course because the game was moved to GCA. Catcher was ejected for wearing a two-piece catching helmet which he has worn all season long. Head coach was then ejected for arguing the ejection. Fans from Greenback ejected for yelling. Again..... think about where this game is being played! Never seems to fail when the games are played at GCA. I wonder why the game had to be moved from CAK? Inconsistent isn’t the word. The ace pitcher who would’ve closed the game out was ejected for a catchers helmet? Give me a break. Never seems to fail when we go to that place. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

There’s a big story to this. Of course because the game was moved to GCA. Catcher was ejected for wearing a two-piece catching helmet which he has worn all season long. Head coach was then ejected for arguing the ejection. Fans from Greenback ejected for yelling. Again..... think about where this game is being played! Never seems to fail when the games are played at GCA. I wonder why the game had to be moved from CAK? Inconsistent isn’t the word. The ace pitcher who would’ve closed the game out was ejected for a catchers helmet? Give me a break. Never seems to fail when we go to that place. 

Not to mention said ejected catcher who had already hit a HR was just about to bat in the upcoming inning in the top of 7th. Scared much?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

That certainly doesn't seem to be fair at all to Greenback. Geez!

4 hours ago, tonybologna said:

Oh bologna you really have no pulse on this team! Ok I could not resist. All in good fun! They are one of the most consistent teams in the state. A 21-4 record as a 1A team playing ranked teams in 2A, 3A & DII and winning most and you call that inconsistent? Plus they currently have a starting pitcher limited to batting duties only at the moment who pitched a game winner in region championship vs GCA as a Sophomore. So with that and the ejection of our ace GCA got lucky to say the least.

Edited by ladykee
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

This crap never fails when we play Grace in ANY sport!Why was it moved and why was his helmet legal in all other games and if it was illegal why did our coaches not know the rule because if it was illegal then i guess we deserved it and better now than when it counts!You know me im a homer BUT rules are rules and GCA will know them.LOL!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tonybologna said:

I just chalk that up to it being baseball. The only sport in which the defense control's the ball, and where one dominant player (pitcher) has such an impact on the outcome of a game that the coaching staff can't compensate for. There have been unbeaten teams, and plenty of gaudy records... there have also been teams with barely over .500 records that were tough outs in the post season. Maybe just me, but a 21-4 record against even decent competition says that you'd better not overlook them.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ladykee said:

Oh bologna you really have no pulse on this team! Ok I could not resist. All in good fun! They are one of the most consistent teams in the state. A 21-4 record as a 1A team playing ranked teams in 2A, 3A & DII and winning most and you call that inconsistent? Plus they currently have a starting pitcher limited to batting duties only at the moment who pitched a game winner in region championship vs GCA as a Sophomore. So with that and the ejection of our ace GCA got lucky to say the least.

LOL! Loved the Bologna used in your response. Incinsistent probably wasn't the correct word/term to use for Greenback. They have only lost 4 games so inconsistent wouldn't be the right type of term to be used with a 21-4 team. I guess the correct thing to say is that they have blown most of those 4 losses. This last one against GCA sounds like a total robbery from the umpires.

I've seen players ejected from games for various reasons but over a catchers helmet that you all say was used before seems like something intentional done by the umps. The TSSAA should be looking into this closely because stuff like this shouldn't be allowed to happen at any level of baseball. 

47 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I just chalk that up to it being baseball. The only sport in which the defense control's the ball, and where one dominant player (pitcher) has such an impact on the outcome of a game that the coaching staff can't compensate for. There have been unbeaten teams, and plenty of gaudy records... there have also been teams with barely over .500 records that were tough outs in the post season. Maybe just me, but a 21-4 record against even decent competition says that you'd better not overlook them.

Agree completely with you & especially on the bolded text above.

Edited by tonybologna

12 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

LOL! Loved the Bologna used in your response. Incinsistent probably wasn't the correct word/term to use for Greenback. They have only lost 4 games so inconsistent wouldn't be the right type of term to be used with a 21-4 team. I guess the correct thing to say is that they have blown most of those 4 losses. This last one against GCA sounds like a total robbery from the umpires.

I've seen players ejected from games for various reasons but over a catchers helmet that you all say was used before seems like something intentional done by the umps. The TSSAA should be looking into this closely because stuff like this shouldn't be allowed to happen at any level of baseball. 

Agree completely with you & especially on the bolded text above.

We have a long history of getting the pipe put to us at Mecca High!It is not unusual and is usually expected.

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We have a long history of getting the pipe put to us at Mecca High!It is not unusual and is usually expected.

You’re off on this one, bud. Just like that crazy lady and her son. I watched the video of your coach getting in the face of the umpire and his crew. It wasn’t good and was really embarrassing the way he chased the one of them down the 1st base line after being told he was ejected. Maybe he thinks he’s Billy Martin? You guys fuss more about officiating than Kentucky Basketball Fans. This wasn’t one to fuss about. Your coach pitched a temper tantrum and somebody should’ve come out with a belt and given him a proper spanking. Good luck the rest of the way, bud. Get that guy’s emotions under control or it’ll cost you. 

6 hours ago, gcapride said:

You’re off on this one, bud. Just like that crazy lady and her son. I watched the video of your coach getting in the face of the umpire and his crew. It wasn’t good and was really embarrassing the way he chased the one of them down the 1st base line after being told he was ejected. Maybe he thinks he’s Billy Martin? You guys fuss more about officiating than Kentucky Basketball Fans. This wasn’t one to fuss about. Your coach pitched a temper tantrum and somebody should’ve come out with a belt and given him a proper spanking. Good luck the rest of the way, bud. Get that guy’s emotions under control or it’ll cost you. 

I was there and seen it first hand ... the coach was taking up for his player that was being done wrong. By a ump that should not allowed to be on the field. 

8 hours ago, gcapride said:

Its always against you guys tho!Come on bud,why does this not happen ANYWHERE else.LOL.You even you have to admit thats kinda wierd.lol.The helmet has been fine for over 20 games against better teams but GCA starts getting scared of losing to us Rednecks again and they pull this.I never did get an answer WHY was it moved to THEIR home field and not a neutral??You cant shake me on this one,its a never ending story and honestly if i had to have a star player of the opposing team ejected---that would be more embarrassing.Im just glad it didnt end happen to that Coalfield bunch or there would have been a fight.:roflolk:What is it with you guys a helmets anyway,what did they do to you?:popcorneater:

• Like 2