Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

tonybologna

2019 State Baseball Poll Rankings (Poll #2)(4-14-19)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Its always against you guys tho!Come on bud,why does this not happen ANYWHERE else.LOL.You even you have to admit thats kinda wierd.lol.The helmet has been fine for over 20 games against better teams but GCA starts getting scared of losing to us Rednecks again and they pull this.I never did get an answer WHY was it moved to THEIR home field and not a neutral??You cant shake me on this one,its a never ending story and honestly if i had to have a star player of the opposing team ejected---that would be more embarrassing.Im just glad it didnt end happen to that Coalfield bunch or there would have been a fight.:roflolk:What is it with you guys a helmets anyway,what did they do to you?:popcorneater:

I don’t know anything about what happened, just saw how the coach showing his rear end. It was embarrassing if he’s your coach or laughable if he’s the opposing coach. As far as the equipment rule goes, I have no idea. Wouldn’t there have to be a warning given if the equipment wasn’t approved for play before an ejection? The only time you go straight to an ejection would be something like sandpaper in the palm of a pitchers glove, etc. Hopefully, someone will post the whole story and not just the “we got hosed again” story. There’s more to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 10:35 PM, cherokee23 said:

There’s a big story to this. Of course because the game was moved to GCA. Catcher was ejected for wearing a two-piece catching helmet which he has worn all season long. Head coach was then ejected for arguing the ejection. Fans from Greenback ejected for yelling. Again..... think about where this game is being played! Never seems to fail when the games are played at GCA. I wonder why the game had to be moved from CAK? Inconsistent isn’t the word. The ace pitcher who would’ve closed the game out was ejected for a catchers helmet? Give me a break. Never seems to fail when we go to that place. 

The catchers helmet rule has been in effect for a several years.  If the umpire failed to make the correct call and the catcher was injured the umpire would have been held liable.  Why the umpires before have failed to make the correct call is anyone's guess but the correct call has now been made.  Would you rather the call be made now or in the state tournament?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gcapride said:

I don’t know anything about what happened, just saw how the coach showing his rear end. It was embarrassing if he’s your coach or laughable if he’s the opposing coach. As far as the equipment rule goes, I have no idea. Wouldn’t there have to be a warning given if the equipment wasn’t approved for play before an ejection? The only time you go straight to an ejection would be something like sandpaper in the palm of a pitchers glove, etc. Hopefully, someone will post the whole story and not just the “we got hosed again” story. There’s more to this. 

I appreciate what coach Caldwell did and have zero problem with the way he reacted. I understand if you snowflakes don't agree. The one thing that I do not understand is why this happens every time we come up there. All of the other Knoxville private schools take their whippins from us rednecks and never try and cheat the kids. I have a theory, maybe GCA has an inferiority complex. Let me explain, you have Webb, Catholic, Cak, Berean Christian, Concord Christian, Freedom Christian, Bla bla bla Christian then way down here you have Grace Christian Academy just barely above lowly old Greenback. Webb, Catholic and CAK are old money,GCA is like the hustler that hit the lottery for $100,000 and joined the cigar and scotch club the next week. GCA just can see to much of their old self in us rednecks and they are so desperately trying to leave it behind that they will do anything they have to separate their next generation from their past . Maybe even persuade the ump/refs with a greased palm!? Just a theory could be completely wrong but it is all I can come up with to explain the injustice to our kids each and every time they visit Beaver Ridge Rd.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cbg said:

The catchers helmet rule has been in effect for a several years.  If the umpire failed to make the correct call and the catcher was injured the umpire would have been held liable.  Why the umpires before have failed to make the correct call is anyone's guess but the correct call has now been made.  Would you rather the call be made now or in the state tournament?

What’s the rule and is there not a warning given with the opportunity to switch gear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I appreciate what coach Caldwell did and have zero problem with the way he reacted. I understand if you snowflakes don't agree. The one thing that I do not understand is why this happens every time we come up there. All of the other Knoxville private schools take their whippins from us rednecks and never try and cheat the kids. I have a theory, maybe GCA has an inferiority complex. Let me explain, you have Webb, Catholic, Cak, Berean Christian, Concord Christian, Freedom Christian, Bla bla bla Christian then way down here you have Grace Christian Academy just barely above lowly old Greenback. Webb, Catholic and CAK are old money,GCA is like the hustler that hit the lottery for $100,000 and joined the cigar and scotch club the next week. GCA just can see to much of their old self in us rednecks and they are so desperately trying to leave it behind that they will do anything they have to separate their next generation from their past . Maybe even persuade the ump/refs with a greased palm!? Just a theory could be completely wrong but it is all I can come up with to explain the injustice to our kids each and every time they visit Beaver Ridge Rd.

 

You thought this up by yourself!My new favorite GB/GCA post!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You thought this up by yourself!My new favorite GB/GCA post!

I could not help it. It is just sickening that this happens every time we go up there, except in boys basketball and they just mop the floor with us. But anything that we are actually competitive in it happens every time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I could not help it. It is just sickening that this happens every time we go up there, except in boys basketball and they just mop the floor with us. But anything that we are actually competitive in it happens every time.

07 when we were comp in basketball is when they had the illegals,so its been in every sport were we could win against them something "pops" up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No reason for Greenback to ever play Grace bc this is the result every time.  Grace gets the laugh at the reactions and Greenback fans look like the whiners but it has to be obvious they only complain about one opponent. O&B is correct a book can be wrote about the grace bandits for over a decade. Being the Christian men that GCAPride or RaiseemRight are I think they should poke around a little bit and put a stop to the thievery since their boys moved on or will be moving on  and will no longer need to reap the benefits cheating to win games.   Think about this tied ball game going into the last inning with one of your best hitters coming up as he’s taking his catcher gear off to get ready to bat you see the field umpire not the ump behind the plate but the field umpire go to the dugout to eject him for wearing a two piece helmet gear that he has wore all year. I believe any coach would blow a gasket especially bc there were so many calls out in the field from this ump that was so horrid that no way he can sleep at night for being the thief he is.  To top it off the catcher and coach has to sit out two more games. Stole two games from this kid’s senior year. Hope the ump makes it to sunrise service in the morning. 

Edited by HingleMcCringleberry
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gcapride said:

What’s the rule and is there not a warning given with the opportunity to switch gear?

They should have given him a warning but didn’t. GB was going out to bat at the top of the 7th  when the field ump came over and told the coach he was ejected. So why let him play the whole game before you eject him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, WarChant said:

They should have given him a warning but didn’t. GB was going out to bat at the top of the 7th  when the field ump came over and told the coach he was ejected. So why let him play the whole game before you eject him. 

Makes no sense to me. I’d like to know if the rule states the ump has to give the player an opportunity to change gear or if it’s an automatic ejection. Automatic ejection over a helmet doesn’t sound right to me, but I admittedly don’t know the rules. Thanks for letting us know how it went down. Doesn’t seem right unless it’s in black and white in the rule book. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WarChant said:

They should have given him a warning but didn’t. GB was going out to bat at the top of the 7th  when the field ump came over and told the coach he was ejected. So why let him play the whole game before you eject him. 

1.5.4 situation A (Fed casebook- 2015) "The home team's catcher takes his position behind the platte in the top of the first inning with a skull cap helmet-and-mask combination. Ruling: This is illegal. A catcher will be required to wear head protection with double ear flaps that meets the NOCSAE standard. He will be told to get a legal helmet-and-mask combination. If he does not comply, he will be ejected."

From everything I have read about the rule it does not matter if it is a 2 piece or full helmet as long as it covers the ears or has flaps that protect the ears.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...