Polk County Football 2019

ValleyTroll

This year marks the beginning of a new era at Polk County. Regardless of anyone’s feelings about it; Derrick Davis is out, and Rusty Brewer will be the new head coach. The worry now is; who will be his assistant coaches. I would expect a couple of the staff memebers from last year to stay on and help him. Hopefully the school will let him go get some other coaches. Does anyone know of possible new assistants for Polk this year? 

I know we lost a good batch of seniors but there is still some talent left on this team. We will have a new QB, with some returning  backs and lineman. It will be interesting to see who the new QB will be. Anyone have any clues on that? What about defense? I know D. Davis was the defensive coordinator for several years, who will take over that role? There are a lot of questions for this team for sure. Anyone know anything about spring training? Go Wildcats!

7 hours ago, ValleyTroll said:

This year marks the beginning of a new era at Polk County. Regardless of anyone’s feelings about it; Derrick Davis is out, and Rusty Brewer will be the new head coach. The worry now is; who will be his assistant coaches. I would expect a couple of the staff memebers from last year to stay on and help him. Hopefully the school will let him go get some other coaches. Does anyone know of possible new assistants for Polk this year? 

I know we lost a good batch of seniors but there is still some talent left on this team. We will have a new QB, with some returning  backs and lineman. It will be interesting to see who the new QB will be. Anyone have any clues on that? What about defense? I know D. Davis was the defensive coordinator for several years, who will take over that role? There are a lot of questions for this team for sure. Anyone know anything about spring training? Go Wildcats!

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/breakingnews/story/2019/feb/06/rusty-brewer-named-head-football-coach-polk-county-high-school/488177/

Old news, but a good read all the same. Davis is a good coach and you hate to lose someone like that. It seems this person has been under him for some time though, and should have retained some knowledge from working with him. Look forward to seeing you guys at Meigs this year.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/breakingnews/story/2019/feb/06/rusty-brewer-named-head-football-coach-polk-county-high-school/488177/

Old news, but a good read all the same. Davis is a good coach and you hate to lose someone like that. It seems this person has been under him for some time though, and should have retained some knowledge from working with him. Look forward to seeing you guys at Meigs this year.

I’ll just say that I am skeptical now. If what I have heard this morning about the staff that is being assembled at PC is true, they are in for a big time drop off from last years staff.

19 minutes ago, ValleyTroll said:

I’ll just say that I am skeptical now. If what I have heard this morning about the staff that is being assembled at PC is true, they are in for a big time drop off from last years staff.

Having watch Meigs play Polk a few times I believe Davis was able to motivate his team to play above their level at times. Definitely was able to pull some try hard out his team. I do believe McMinn Central with him on staff will be a pretty competitive football team within a few years. As far as Polk goes I'm unsure of the guy taking over. I know it means alot having good coordinators under you when you are a coach. Wish you guys good luck.

34 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Having watch Meigs play Polk a few times I believe Davis was able to motivate his team to play above their level at times. Definitely was able to pull some try hard out his team. I do believe McMinn Central with him on staff will be a pretty competitive football team within a few years. As far as Polk goes I'm unsure of the guy taking over. I know it means alot having good coordinators under you when you are a coach. Wish you guys good luck.

I agree with with everything you said here. Good luck to Meigs as well.

13 hours ago, ValleyTroll said:

Let me ask you a question.  Did they fire that Davis man because of that nappy looking mustache he has? I garuntee you it made me real mad every year I opened my Murphy Fair book and saw that mess.  Im glad I want have to look at that mess this year.  You think im joking but im not. 

50 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Let me ask you a question.  Did they fire that Davis man because of that nappy looking mustache he has? I garuntee you it made me real mad every year I opened my Murphy Fair book and saw that mess.  Im glad I want have to look at that mess this year.  You think im joking but im not. 

Oh but you will.. just on a different page. 

22 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

And they didn't fire him. He resigned Polk is in for a rough patch for sure. Wish Brewer well but not looking good for Polk. 

• 3 weeks later...