Spring Scrimmages?

IKickTheBall

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Did hear today that Farragut pretty much had its way with Knox Central last week. Central has lost a bunch of talented players to graduation off last years State Championship team.  The word was Farragut has a huge line and some really good receivers that transferred in. 

Farragut did have its way with Central. Farragut's line played well but Farragut is hurting in the running game. Farragut does not have any receivers that have transferred in. Central's defense was really bad and their QB struggled with accuracy.

I must have gone to the wrong scrimmage! The one I saw had the two teams starting out running 10-play series. Farragut came out on top 3-2 in TD's. The teams then went to a more game like format using the chains and down marker. Central scored  twice while holding Farragut to 3 and out twice. Farragut scored a TD a couple of series later. The teams went to 2nd's and 's and 3rd teamer's after that. Central was able to run the ball and mix in a pass here and there. Farragut's QB has a nice arm and some good looking receivers, good size up front. If their running game comes through, they could be tough to beat. Central is much smaller on the lines of scrimmage but quicker. I'm sure both teams had some spring sports players missing that will help in the fall. Overall, I think the Central staff was pleased with the progress of the two weeks of practice. 

13 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

I must have gone to the wrong scrimmage! The one I saw had the two teams starting out running 10-play series. Farragut came out on top 3-2 in TD's. The teams then went to a more game like format using the chains and down marker. Central scored  twice while holding Farragut to 3 and out twice. Farragut scored a TD a couple of series later. The teams went to 2nd's and 's and 3rd teamer's after that. Central was able to run the ball and mix in a pass here and there. Farragut's QB has a nice arm and some good looking receivers, good size up front. If their running game comes through, they could be tough to beat. Central is much smaller on the lines of scrimmage but quicker. I'm sure both teams had some spring sports players missing that will help in the fall. Overall, I think the Central staff was pleased with the progress of the two weeks of practice. 

This will be intetesting,most of the thread had Farragut whipping you all good.Nice to read both sides.

Hahahaha, That’s funny. Farragut “had its way” with us :roflol:. Must have some Central haters/Farragut homers on here. 3-2 was the actual score and Central’s “bad” defense had 3 starters missing due to track. Farragut’s QB and WRs looked very good but their Big Oline couldn’t run block and they had no running game. Their Defense was smaller than usual, but played pretty well. It’s no secret that we’ve lost some players to graduation, but trust me when I say we’ll be fine come August and nobody will be “having it’s way” with us then.

On 5/16/2019 at 5:50 AM, DavidGlasgow said:

Farragut did have its way with Central. Farragut's line played well but Farragut is hurting in the running game. Farragut does not have any receivers that have transferred in. Central's defense was really bad and their QB struggled with accuracy.

yeah idk about this one chief. get your facts straight.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, madhatter2269 said:

yeah idk about this one chief. get your facts straight.

I was at the scrimmage. Central's starters might've had 50 yards total offense. Farragut had over 250 yards passing and 3 passing TDs against Central when it was 1 vs 1s. Central only scored when all the JV kids started playing. Farraguts line blocked well they just don't have any RBs. And I know every kid on that team and we have only 1 transfer and he's a DE.

Edited by DavidGlasgow
ADDED INFO

Well it looks like one of you is putting out Fake News! :roflol:

If the Farragut line blocked well any rb would have had a good day running behind it.

So was the Final TD count 3-2 in favor of the Ads?  Did Central Score Twice and held the Ads to two 3 and outs when they went to game like situation with Chains being moved?

Two very conflicting Stories here........:popcorneater: