Spring Scrimmages?

IKickTheBall

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:13 AM, dawgs82 said:

I

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Well it looks like one of you is putting out Fake News! :roflol:

If the Farragut line blocked well any rb would have had a good day running behind it.

So was the Final TD count 3-2 in favor of the Ads?  Did Central Score Twice and held the Ads to two 3 and outs when they went to game like situation with Chains being moved?

Two very conflicting Stories here........:popcorneater:

Farragut's line did block well but Farragut was rotating just about every kid on the bench in at RB. TWICE I saw a big hole open up only to see the RB not hit it or cut the wrong way. The RBs looked timid and will not be as good as the RBs last year. Yes the final was 3-2 but the 2 scores central had where when the 2s and 3s where playing on both sides. Farragut scored all 3 times when it was 1s vs 1s. Neither team looked great. Farragut's defense will be it's strength in 2020.

3 hours ago, DavidGlasgow said:

I will admit that Central's right CB has a pretty good Right Cross. Had to be pulled out for throwing a punch.

You have absolutely no clue of which you speak. 250 yards are you kidding me? Had he completed all those overthrows he had, yeah it would’ve been. And no, we scored both our TDS against what would be considered your Varsity players. Your Line couldn’t block, we had 4 sacks. Look I’m not here to bash Farragut per say, but when you get on here and run your mouth I’ll gladly set you straight. The FINAL varsity score was 3-2 Farragut and both teams looked ok.  And btw, tell your player not to be calling one of ours a very racist term if he doesn’t want his mouth smacked.

Edited by chsbobcat09
  • Like 1

Bobcat, I thought I'd let you go first, lol The Farragut RB's were repeatedly hit in the back field, almost as quick as they got the ball from the QB. I don't know that this suggests bad RB's. Both teams looked bad at times and good at times. Central was missing receivers/DB's, which will help when the season starts. I don't know who Farragut might have been missing. Our kicking game should be ok with the returners. Farragut kickers looked good, they always have them. As for the total yardage issue, that was pretty even.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

You have absolutely no clue of which you speak. 250 yards are you kidding me? Had he completed all those overthrows he had, yeah it would’ve been. And no, we scored both our TDS against what would be considered your Varsity players. Your Line couldn’t block, we had 4 sacks. Look I’m not here to bash Farragut per say, but when you get on here and run your mouth I’ll gladly set you straight. The FINAL varsity score was 3-2 Farragut and both teams looked ok.  And btw, tell your player not to be calling one of ours a very racist term if he doesn’t want his mouth smacked.

Easily 250 yards of passing against your first team. Go and watch the film. I have. Your varsity didn't score on our varsity and didn't have more than 50 yards total offense against our varsity. I've watched the scrimmage at least 3 times on HUDL and was there to see it live. Our line is all brand new other than 1 starter as well as All the kids that tried to play RB. The varsity score was 3-0 but if it makes you feel better yes the final was 3-2. You are correct in the line having issues and there were 2 sacks on our starting QB and at least 4 more on the back up QB. The line also opened up some good holes that a RB should've been able to make some good yards out of but they didn't and that is a problem. You really should get a HUDL account so you can go back and watch the film. There wasn't any racist term used. Your player might've claimed that to justify what he did but I can assure you that no racial term was used to make him punch a player! that is a cop out to keep him from getting trouble with his coach.

10 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Bobcat, I thought I'd let you go first, lol The Farragut RB's were repeatedly hit in the back field, almost as quick as they got the ball from the QB. I don't know that this suggests bad RB's. Both teams looked bad at times and good at times. Central was missing receivers/DB's, which will help when the season starts. I don't know who Farragut might have been missing. Our kicking game should be ok with the returners. Farragut kickers looked good, they always have them. As for the total yardage issue, that was pretty even.

total yardage of 1 vs 1s was not even. Farragut has a long way to go with the running game. Line did ok at times but young RBs didn't hit hole or run the right play.

16 hours ago, DavidGlasgow said:

Easily 250 yards of passing against your first team. Go and watch the film. I have. Your varsity didn't score on our varsity and didn't have more than 50 yards total offense against our varsity. I've watched the scrimmage at least 3 times on HUDL and was there to see it live. Our line is all brand new other than 1 starter as well as All the kids that tried to play RB. The varsity score was 3-0 but if it makes you feel better yes the final was 3-2. You are correct in the line having issues and there were 2 sacks on our starting QB and at least 4 more on the back up QB. The line also opened up some good holes that a RB should've been able to make some good yards out of but they didn't and that is a problem. You really should get a HUDL account so you can go back and watch the film. There wasn't any racist term used. Your player might've claimed that to justify what he did but I can assure you that no racial term was used to make him punch a player! that is a cop out to keep him from getting trouble with his coach.

What makes you assume I don’t have a Hudl? And btw I don’t need to go watch something again 3 times that I watched in person FROM THE SIDELINES. Idk who you are, but HTV and others on this site will confirm that I don’t get on here and spread BS or rumors so to the masses I say believe what you want. It’s funny how ya win a State Championship and now everyone is gunning for you, apparently even in scrimmages :roflol:. Like I said previously, no way 250 yds passing, score was 3-2 Farragut with the STARTERS playing and yes your player used a racist term towards ours. Believe whatever makes you feel good though buddy.

Agreed Dawg, I’m up there most days so I get to see the hard work first hand. I know we have a long way to go from the Farragut scrimmage, but I’m fully confident that Coach and the rest of the staff will have them ready to go when Cleveland comes to town. They should be running the Triple Option with their new coach from Covington, should be interesting.