Spring Scrimmages?

IKickTheBall

8 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

who cares? it’s a scrimmage lol. let’s look forward to the season.

I know Hatter, it’s just the principle of it. I don’t like people telling a bunch of lies about something they clearly know nothing about. How you been Hatter? Haven’t  heard from ya since the season ended and what a season it was:thumb:

11 hours ago, Victorioussecrets said:

I don’t have stats but I was there with my friend who has a kid that plays and #11 had over 188 yards easily. I was sitting next to UTC recruiter that had him over 215 at one point. UTC, Georgetown, EKU, William and Mary and MTSU were there watching him. All I have to go on is what the recruiter had stat wise but hey if you say 188 then it’s 188. Looked pretty one sided to me but I ain’t got a dog in this fight. 

I’m certain it was 188. It’s good the kid had some good schools there to watch him, I’m not taking anything away from him. Big tall QB with pretty decent mobility and a CANNON for an arm. Needs to improve his accuracy on the deep ball but if he does he will go D1. 

3 hours ago, DavidGlasgow said:

So a professional football observer that gages talent for a living had different passing stats than an amateur on a message board? That is extremely interesting.

Still waiting on those stats from ya Bud. I’m sure you’ve rewatched the scrimmage what, 7-8 times by now on your HUDL. Surly by now you’ve figured them out right? :lol: Amateur 

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Still waiting on those stats from ya Bud. I’m sure you’ve rewatched the scrimmage what, 7-8 times by now on your HUDL. Surly by now you’ve figured them out right? :lol: Amateur 

So you are still holding onto your "stats" even after Div1 recruiter said something different?!?! Maybe you should call UTC and offer your services. On second thought don't waste your time with a school like UTC, go straight to Clemson. I have a feeling you're the type of guy that your "stats" are always right no matter who says differently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I know Hatter, it’s just the principle of it. I don’t like people telling a bunch of lies about something they clearly know nothing about. How you been Hatter? Haven’t  heard from ya since the season ended and what a season it was:thumb:

amen, brother! i’m juiced up for the season as i’m sure you are too. the young freshman on the line looks like he’s going to be a MONSTER, and the 2 transfers from carter will help patch up the defense. losing X and d.johnson will be big blows but as long as fawver stays healthy we should be in contention again for another deep playoff run

7 hours ago, DavidGlasgow said:

So you are still holding onto your "stats" even after Div1 recruiter said something different?!?! Maybe you should call UTC and offer your services. On second thought don't waste your time with a school like UTC, go straight to Clemson. I have a feeling you're the type of guy that your "stats" are always right no matter who says differently.

Taking your advice and calling Dabo now :thumb:. Still no stats? 

6 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

amen, brother! i’m juiced up for the season as i’m sure you are too. the young freshman on the line looks like he’s going to be a MONSTER, and the 2 transfers from carter will help patch up the defense. losing X and d.johnson will be big blows but as long as fawver stays healthy we should be in contention again for another deep playoff run

Agreed, looking forward to it. I’ve been at Spring practice and now the first couple days of Summer workouts. It’s looking promising Forsure. Full confidence in this staff and group of players. 

I'd like to throw out a different view to the "stat" war. And Victorious, I'm not calling you or anyone out here, just hear me out. I believe you saw what you saw (scouts/recruiter's) stats. My question would be whether they are true stats. They are there to watch the players, in this case the qb. They keep his attempts, completions, yardage, etc. They are only concerned with what he does. There were numerous, and I mean numerous holding calls on both teams that wiped out some good plays. The scouts aren't concerned with what gets called back or the possible outcome of a play, only what the kid did. So I'm suggesting that the stats you saw were accurate in what the qb did, but not always based on the actual outcome.

All this being said, if this team comes around and can block for the young man, some of those teams scouting him won't get a chance at him. He could be a good one! 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 7:57 AM, chsbobcat09 said:

I’m certain it was 188. It’s good the kid had some good schools there to watch him, I’m not taking anything away from him. Big tall QB with pretty decent mobility and a CANNON for an arm. Needs to improve his accuracy on the deep ball but if he does he will go D1. 

Man, you holding on to that 188 ain’t  you! I don’t have hudl but I googled The QB and he actually has a highlight video of him at the central scrimmage. I watched his video on my phone and he had around 175 and it only some of his throws. From what I remember he did have some overthrows but they where mostly thrown over centrals DBs for big plays. But if you say 188 it’s 188. 

12 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

I'd like to throw out a different view to the "stat" war. And Victorious, I'm not calling you or anyone out here, just hear me out. I believe you saw what you saw (scouts/recruiter's) stats. My question would be whether they are true stats. They are there to watch the players, in this case the qb. They keep his attempts, completions, yardage, etc. They are only concerned with what he does. There were numerous, and I mean numerous holding calls on both teams that wiped out some good plays. The scouts aren't concerned with what gets called back or the possible outcome of a play, only what the kid did. So I'm suggesting that the stats you saw were accurate in what the qb did, but not always based on the actual outcome.

All this being said, if this team comes around and can block for the young man, some of those teams scouting him won't get a chance at him. He could be a good one! 

I looked the QB up and he has a lot of hudl highlight videos. I’ve watched him against Oak Ridge and Hardin Valley and he has a cannon. My buddy that has a kid on the team said that Farragut pulled him as early as the 2nd quarter a few times last year if they felt it was an easy win. If they would’ve let him play more his stats would be way higher. I also saw on Twitter he has 4 D1 offers.