Four Memphis high school basketball 2021 prospects in ESPN Top 60

kwc

4 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

anybody here anything about Wooddale getting some transfers.

No I haven't, especially with 'Pennymania' overtaking the city of Memphis ... but I would expect that with JL and the PG both coming back for two more seasons. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, warmachine7954 said:

Nobody that comes right off the top of my head. The talent seems to have started to fall off 2016-17. This year seemed to be the valley (I know Wiseman was in this class) then it's going to start climbing again next year.

It's not uncommon for it to go in cycles. Does anyone remember how talented that 2006 class was? Thaddeus Young, Willie Kemp, Wayne Chism, Brandan Wright, Tyler Smith, Jarvis Varnado. Liberty won it all. 

With all due respect, Kemp, Chism, Wright, and Varnado weren't Memphis kids.

• 3 weeks later...

The Commercial Appeal: 5-star hoops prospect Moussa Cisse transf to Lausanne

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/08/14/moussa-cisse-transferring-memphis-lausanne/2011427001/

Moussa Cisse, the nation's No. 9 basketball prospect in the class of 2021 according to the 247Sports Composite, announced on Twitter that he will transfer to Lausanne. Cisse previously attended Christ The King Regional in Queens, New York.

"I really thanks Christ the king for the good 2 years the give me and teach me a lot things and thanks New York City my next chapter year 3," Cisse wrote.

Cisse, a 6-foot-9, 200 pound power forward, is the No. 4 power forward in the nation. He played on the AAU circuit with Expressions (MA) Elite. Cisse holds reported offers from UConn and Georgia.

Lausanne coach Marvis Davis said that Cisse's family is working with the Lausanne admissions team and that the transfer isn't quite final yet.

"I do know and can tell you on the record that he is working with our admissions team," Davis said.

With Cisse's transfer, five of the 2021 ESPN 60 prospects — Cisse, Johnathan Lawson, Kennedy Chandler, Jalen Brown, Alden Applewhite are in Memphis.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:15 PM, kwc said:

The Commercial Appeal: 5-star hoops prospect Moussa Cisse transf to Lausanne

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/08/14/moussa-cisse-transferring-memphis-lausanne/2011427001/

Moussa Cisse, the nation's No. 9 basketball prospect in the class of 2021 according to the 247Sports Composite, announced on Twitter that he will transfer to Lausanne. Cisse previously attended Christ The King Regional in Queens, New York.

"I really thanks Christ the king for the good 2 years the give me and teach me a lot things and thanks New York City my next chapter year 3," Cisse wrote.

Cisse, a 6-foot-9, 200 pound power forward, is the No. 4 power forward in the nation. He played on the AAU circuit with Expressions (MA) Elite. Cisse holds reported offers from UConn and Georgia.

Lausanne coach Marvis Davis said that Cisse's family is working with the Lausanne admissions team and that the transfer isn't quite final yet.

"I do know and can tell you on the record that he is working with our admissions team," Davis said.

With Cisse's transfer, five of the 2021 ESPN 60 prospects — Cisse, Johnathan Lawson, Kennedy Chandler, Jalen Brown, Alden Applewhite are in Memphis.

LOL... admissions team!!!

The Commercial Appeal: ESPN makes Kennedy Chandler a 5-star prospect

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/08/21/high-school-basketball-recruiting-kennedy-chandler-ranked-5-star-espn/2073073001/

Briarcrest Christian's Kennedy Chandler moved up over 20 spots in the latest ESPN 60 rankings for the Class of 2021. The junior point guard was previously No. 43. Now he's No. 18 and a five-star prospect.

Since leading Briarcrest Christian to its first state title in over a decade in March, Chandler's recruiting stock rose rapidly. A strong summer on the EYBL circuit with Mokan Elite culminated in a Peach Jam title.

Chandler holds offers from Memphis, Kansas, Michigan, and USC among others. He is the No. 2 junior prospect in the state according to ESPN behind recent Lausanne transfer Moussa Cisse who is ranked No. 9 overall.

Wooddale's Johnathan Lawson (No. 43), Lausanne's Alden Applewhite (No. 48) and Trezevant's Jalen Brown (No. 55) are also in the ESPN rankings.

Greetings, my name is Khari

Memphis is a great place to be a high school sports reporter. The city has a wealth of young talent and rich stories waiting to be told. Please help us keep you informed with breaking news, compelling features, and video highlights by subscribing to The Commercial Appeal today.

Infogram logo

Edited by kwc

• 3 weeks later...