Anderson County 2019

Longhorn72

5 hours ago, olhickory said:

Mavericks Scrimmage tonight at 6, then again with Morristown East on Wednesday, that will finish up Scrimmage season.  They need to stay healthy, this team has a quick skill group that can score a lot in little time. They seem to be very hard to get on the ground.   The defense is strong  at the LB position, and competed at a very high level against the Rhea Co running attack.  They closed in quick with some tremendous collisions.  Maybe no D1's, but a lot of really good high school football players.  Excited to see this team.  They have a ton of energy and are fun to watch.

Update us Olhickory if you can. :) on the scrimmage results.

2 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Shouldn't this thread/discussion be on the 4A thread/discussion siapparently/area/place. Or is AC moving up to 5A to get away from Greenville.

No regular season has not  started yet lol apparently we are playing 5A teams during preseason until regular season starts...heck I don't know I did not create this blog.lol But Greeneville is in trouble this year that's for sure! Lol

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

No regular season has not  started yet lol apparently we are playing 5A teams during preseason until regular season starts...heck I don't know I did not create this blog.lol But Greeneville is in trouble this year that's for sure! Lol

Wishful thinking 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilsx5 said:

Just a scrimmage with many starters out same thing said last year with Fulton how did last year work out? 

You don't have same players and you don't have same coach in fact you have a brand new QB. I am just saying. We will see what everyone has come the Powell game. Greeneville could be a step above Powell or Powell could be the real thing. But it looks like Powell has already spotted Greeneville a +1 as they will not be starting there number one running back due to injury. So that really could change things if they do not have a back up plan.  Lets hope he is better by game time. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

You do know that Anderson county plays Powell the very next week after Greeneville right ?

Right now all that Anderson County mavs are concerned about is CLINTON. After that game we will worry about the next team on the schedule.  Hope that answered the question. :)

Edited by Mavericksinflight

10 play drives, and Mavericks scored several times rushing and passing, but not their sharpest night.    Defensively Mavericks didn't give up a first down.  Hard to get momentum when the ball is brought back to mid field every play.  Mavs are at their best when they can hit you for big plays and big drives, and get momentum, and ten plays doesn't really allow teams to do that.  Scott High has improved from last season, as former Maverick QB Tanner Williams leading the offense, but Scott High was over matched.  No kicking game, which will be big for Mavericks.  Wednesday night will be more game like with a tough Mo East team led by another Maverick QB Great, Caleb Slover.  Looking forward to seeing Coach Slover and his team then.