Anderson County 2019

Longhorn72

On 8/12/2019 at 11:12 AM, olhickory said:

10 play drives, and Mavericks scored several times rushing and passing, but not their sharpest night.    Defensively Mavericks didn't give up a first down.  Hard to get momentum when the ball is brought back to mid field every play.  Mavs are at their best when they can hit you for big plays and big drives, and get momentum, and ten plays doesn't really allow teams to do that.  Scott High has improved from last season, as former Maverick QB Tanner Williams leading the offense, but Scott High was over matched.  No kicking game, which will be big for Mavericks.  Wednesday night will be more game like with a tough Mo East team led by another Maverick QB Great, Caleb Slover.  Looking forward to seeing Coach Slover and his team then.  

Great Report! Update tomorrow's game!

Coach Gillum and staff welcomed back former Maverick QB great Caleb Slover Wednesday night.   The Mavs scored on the first 5 of 6 possessions in the game type scrimmage.  They were very balanced running the ball and throwing the ball. It seemed to catch an athletic Morristown East team off guard.  Sean Jesse did a great job calling the plays and the Mavericks executed long and mid field drives.  The defense was just fun to watch, new faces  and some old faces just flying all around.  Coach Chadwell seemed to rotate a lot of players on defense and has spent some time with the secondary and it showed. Thomas and Miller had very good games.  The kicking game was very good, the Mavs have found a kicker or two it looks like.  The kickoffs were high and deep.  I don't think that Mavericks punted all night, so the punt game is still an anomaly as they have yet to punt in a preseason scrimmage.  Mo East has some athletes as always and they have the right coach.  I look for them to be right back in the playoffs where they should be.  The Mavericks look as good as they have looked.  Now it is on to the real season, and week one.  I talked to a lot of  folks at the game last night and the Maverick Community will be ready for it, and will show up in force across the bridge.

2 hours ago, olhickory said:

Coach Gillum and staff welcomed back former Maverick QB great Caleb Slover Wednesday night.   The Mavs scored on the first 5 of 6 possessions in the game type scrimmage.  They were very balanced running the ball and throwing the ball. It seemed to catch an athletic Morristown East team off guard.  Sean Jesse did a great job calling the plays and the Mavericks executed long and mid field drives.  The defense was just fun to watch, new faces  and some old faces just flying all around.  Coach Chadwell seemed to rotate a lot of players on defense and has spent some time with the secondary and it showed. Thomas and Miller had very good games.  The kicking game was very good, the Mavs have found a kicker or two it looks like.  The kickoffs were high and deep.  I don't think that Mavericks punted all night, so the punt game is still an anomaly as they have yet to punt in a preseason scrimmage.  Mo East has some athletes as always and they have the right coach.  I look for them to be right back in the playoffs where they should be.  The Mavericks look as good as they have looked.  Now it is on to the real season, and week one.  I talked to a lot of  folks at the game last night and the Maverick Community will be ready for it, and will show up in force across the bridge.

Fortunately I watched Caleb play and he was Awsome. Good to know he is at Mo.East. Great report and Go Mavericks!

Edited by Mavericksinflight

4 hours ago, olhickory said:

It sound like Anderson Co. had a great scrimmage. I would like some details on Morristown East, did East offensive move the ball? did we score any points, was it more Anderson Co. offensive being really good or was East defense that bad? I am starting to come around on Coach Slover, but I have only seen one scrimmage, and until we beat Morristown West, the jury is still out. I wish Anderson Co. the best of luck this season, and I believe this is the year you guys stop the Greeneville train. I hope you are right about Morristown East making the playoff.

13 hours ago, EASTFAN said:

It sound like Anderson Co. had a great scrimmage. I would like some details on Morristown East, did East offensive move the ball? did we score any points, was it more Anderson Co. offensive being really good or was East defense that bad? I am starting to come around on Coach Slover, but I have only seen one scrimmage, and until we beat Morristown West, the jury is still out. I wish Anderson Co. the best of luck this season, and I believe this is the year you guys stop the Greeneville train. I hope you are right about Morristown East making the playoff.

There were a couple of plays that MoEast moved the ball, but I'll be honest it was few and far between. The QB and the RB, I think #23, had a some speed and athleticism that let them get some yards when they got a little grass. I think by far the biggest problem was that MoEast's Oline/Dline didn't do a very good job against ACs OL/DL. 

• Thanks 1