Derrick Davis's Chargers

OldCharger

On 9/28/2019 at 10:10 PM, elhosel said:

Not naming kids but the lineup has constantly been changed due to nagging injuries the past few games. And I don't know how you can say this schedule is easier when you see the records the opponents have that Central has played so far. Coming up, Copper Basin has only one loss right now. Brainerd has struggled against a strong schedule and Signal is down a little with a 2-4 record. Coach Davis wants the team to have some fight like they played with early in the season. Since Polk Co game, it seems like that level has dropped some... just my observation from the cheap seats. You may be right about the wins but that being said, a 4 win season would be a step forward. 

You're getting carried away. No one expected them to beat McMinn, Red Bank, or Meigs.  Copper Basin hasn't played a team with a winning record, most of their opponents haven't even won a game. Brainerd hasn't won a game.  And as you say, Signal is down. Overall, the schedule is easier. 

7 hours ago, hohmaster said:

The culture should change from the day a new coach is hired. That doesn't mean the team will win every game, but every player should know the standards and expectations of the new coach. I think with 6 games into the season that most of the mental mistakes and turnovers from the previous season would have been eliminated. I just don't see the improvement there.

I disagree I was a freshman Davis first year at Polk we won two games but after that season good off-season and spring we went 8-2. A lot of bad habits had to be broke and the culture from a few losing season and the season before he got there Polk went 0-10. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/1/2019 at 1:47 PM, hohmaster said:

You're getting carried away. No one expected them to beat McMinn, Red Bank, or Meigs.  Copper Basin hasn't played a team with a winning record, most of their opponents haven't even won a game. Brainerd hasn't won a game.  And as you say, Signal is down. Overall, the schedule is easier. 

On paper the schedule was supposed to be easier but as it turned out Tellico and Basin are both MUCH BETTER than Sequoyah and Bledsoe would be a push.  Yes, nobody didn't expect them to beat McMinn, Meigs or Red Bank. However, nobody expected Loudon to be undefeated and Sweetwater  only having one loss at this point.  All four losses Central has is to teams with one loss amongst them with undefeated and state ranked Loudon coming this week. Oh yeah, that  one loss... is Meigs over Sweetwater. It's the same schedule as last year with Tellico and Basin replacing Sequoyah and Bledsoe with Tellico and Basin being better. Plus Loudon and Sweetwater  are much improved.   So the schedule is harder.

Edited by Central4218

On 10/3/2019 at 7:15 AM, Central4218 said:

On paper the schedule was supposed to be easier but as it turned out Tellico and Basin are both MUCH BETTER than Sequoyah and Bledsoe would be a push.  Yes, nobody didn't expect them to beat McMinn, Meigs or Red Bank. However, nobody expected Loudon to be undefeated and Sweetwater  only having one loss at this point.  All four losses Central has is to teams with one loss amongst them with undefeated and state ranked Loudon coming this week. Oh yeah, that  one loss... is Meigs over Sweetwater. It's the same schedule as last year with Tellico and Basin replacing Sequoyah and Bledsoe with Tellico and Basin being better. Plus Loudon and Sweetwater  are much improved.   So the schedule is harder.

That would be quite a push to say that either of those teams are better than Bledsoe. :roflol:
I don't think 1A Tellico is any better than last year, it's just that two of their three victories this year are against two winless teams - Sequoyah and Polk who are awful. 
Copper Basin's victories are over teams with a combined 6-33 record. Read that again, 6-33. So please don't try to pass this 1A team off as being good team until they play a real team.

In McMinn Central's recent loss to Loudon, they only committed one turnover and didn't have any penalties.  That shows me improvement. 
Reasons for the Chargers to be optimistic about their last 3 games:
Copper Basin - 1A school who hasn't played but one team better than a middle school team. McMinn Central has been battle tested three weeks in a row.
Signal Mtn - they'll be 3-5 when Central plays them, same as Central will be.
Brainerd - they'll be 0-9 when Central plays them.

On 10/3/2019 at 7:15 AM, Central4218 said:

Bledsoe plays Tellico in a couple weeks, I would say Bledsoe wins by 3 or 4 scores. Bledsoe would beat Central by at least 3 scores this year and I have seen both teams play.

20 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Bledsoe plays Tellico in a couple weeks, I would say Bledsoe wins by 3 or 4 scores. Bledsoe would beat Central by at least 3 scores this year and I have seen both teams play.

He's just trying to build up Tellico and Copper Basin as powerhouses.  They're 1A schools yet they seem to strike fear in him.  :roflol:

9 minutes ago, OldCharger said:

Yeah. That Grundy team they beat 14-12 is a POWERHOUSE!!!

And Tellico is down several starters.  As their roster is right now, Bledsoe 45 Tellico 6. 

Bledsoe was without half there starters that game. Bledsoe just beat a Marion County team by 3+ scores, that same Marion team beat Polk 47-6, a Polk team that Central struggled to pull away from. If Central had kept Bledsoe on the schedule it would’ve been another bad loss. So by adding Tellico and Copper Basin the schedule is easier this year.

10 hours ago, hohmaster said:

He's just trying to build up Tellico and Copper Basin as powerhouses.  They're 1A schools yet they seem to strike fear in him.  :roflol:

It's obvious reading comprehension is a struggle for you so I'm gonna type slower to help you out.;)  (1) Tellico beat Sequoyah. (2) Basin beat Tellico. (3) Central dropped Sequoyah and picked up Tellico and Basin. (4) THEREFORE if the two teams Central picked up are better than the one they dropped...………………..... Furthermore if your gonna talk trash about Central get your facts straight. Tellico is 2A and I'm not pumping up any team. It's like my original post stated the schedule was supposed to be easier but who knew Tellico and Basin would be better than Sequoyah? Anyway, I'm done with this have a good day and God bless. :-)

Edited by Central4218