Derrick Davis's Chargers

OldCharger

10 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Bledsoe plays Tellico in a couple weeks, I would say Bledsoe wins by 3 or 4 scores. Bledsoe would beat Central by at least 3 scores this year and I have seen both teams play.

I researched Bledsoe and that's why I said it would be a push meaning it could go either way.  But that is the same Bledsoe that lost to Central last year so who knows? 

10 hours ago, hohmaster said:

In McMinn Central's recent loss to Loudon, they only committed one turnover and didn't have any penalties.  That shows me improvement. 
Reasons for the Chargers to be optimistic about their last 3 games:
Copper Basin - 1A school who hasn't played but one team better than a middle school team. McMinn Central has been battle tested three weeks in a row.
Signal Mtn - they'll be 3-5 when Central plays them, same as Central will be.
Brainerd - they'll be 0-9 when Central plays them.

All very good points. However, let me throw this stat on you. Central had three  first downs the entire game.  Loudon only had two third downs for the entire game. Let that sink  in for a minute.  

45 minutes ago, Central4218 said:

I researched Bledsoe and that's why I said it would be a push meaning it could go either way.  But that is the same Bledsoe that lost to Central last year so who knows? 

Just as a heads up for you, last years teams vary greatly from this years teams. As an example Whitwell won state last year, but are winless this year.

48 minutes ago, Central4218 said:

All very good points. However, let me throw this stat on you. Central had three  first downs the entire game.  Loudon only had two third downs for the entire game. Let that sink  in for a minute.  

I think my point flew right over your head so let me explain it again.  Central vastly improved in the turnover and penalty department against a quality opponent, which is very good.  This has nothing to do with the talent disparity.

3 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I think my point flew right over your head so let me explain it again.  Central vastly improved in the turnover and penalty department against a quality opponent, which is very good.  This has nothing to do with the talent disparity.

Your point didn't fly anywhere. I understood what you were saying. I was just handing out bonus info. 

1 hour ago, Central4218 said:

It's obvious reading comprehension is a struggle for you so I'm gonna type slower to help you out.;)  (1) Tellico beat Sequoyah. (2) Basin beat Tellico. (3) Central dropped Sequoyah and picked up Tellico and Basin. (4) THEREFORE if the two teams Central picked up are better than the one they dropped...………………..... Furthermore if your gonna talk trash about Central get your facts straight. Tellico is 2A and I'm not pumping up any team. It's like my original post stated the schedule was supposed to be easier but who knew Tellico and Basin would be better than Sequoyah? Anyway, I'm done with this have a good day and God bless. :-)

I comprehend quite well but disagree with your analogy, don't take it personal.
What would it matter if Tellico beat Sequoyah and Copper Basin beat Tellico - meaning both of those teams are better Sequoyah - since Central has already beat Tellico and will beat Copper Basin?  The end result is the two teams Central picked up over Sequoyah have (and will) lose to Central.
Who's talking trash about Central? It was me who credited Central for greatly improving in the turnover and penalty department against Loudon, yet you downplayed it by posting the third down stat differentials against a more talented team. 

3 hours ago, Central4218 said:

Bledsoe last year had a freshman QB and they were up and down all year, a lot of that was because they were looking for a head coach, for example they went toe to toe with Tyner for 3 quarters last year and Tyner pulled away in the 4th. There much improved this year and they have a new head coach.

10 hours ago, OldCharger said:

Definetely didn't "struggle" with Polk Gave them short fields on turnovers (inside the 10) in 1st half. Dominated the 2nd half by simply holding onto the ball . Central's terrible 1-9 team beat Bledsoe last year and would do the same this season. 

No they wouldn’t, anyone that has seen both teams play would tell you that. If Central traveled to Bledsoe this year Bledsoe would win easily.

Central hasn't come close to a complete game yet. McMinn, Red Bank, Meigs, and Loudon were just much better teams, all still undefeated. Sweetwater loss was due to mistakes, player for player, Central matched up with Sweetwater. The second half against Polk was the best Central has played, and blew the game open. The potential is there to win out but it is up to the players to give max effort and not make critical turnovers and mistakes. Like 5 fumbles inside the 10 yard line.... 

A little late to party here for my comment but...….

I went to the central vs Tellico game and having played football for many years that was the most boring game I've ever seen. Very little hitting going on (for both teams), and Tellico could have won by at least 2 scores had there coach kept passing the ball. Why he quit is mind blowing because centrals DB's are decent at best. Any team they play that can pass the ball with any kind of efficiency will destroy them. I was also surprised (not really) to see Derrick run on  EVERY play except one during the Tellico game. I think he threw it for a 2pt conversion. Chewing clock only works when either you're ahead or trying to control the game. Playing schools like Red Bank and Loudon he style of ground and pound won't work when you're playing catch up.