Wes Jones resigns from HVA wow

GIJoe

4 hours ago, HTV said:

I was told last night by one of the candidates that the interviews will begin next week.  

And I couldn't disagree more about HVA having state championship level talent at this point.  They are nowhere near Farragut/Blackman level, much less Maryville/Oakland/Whitehaven  level. 

There is  good athletic ability in the school, but much of it plays only one sport, and that isn't football.  And that's not going to change. 

And I don't know what list you are looking at, but the actual list is as strong as any in Knox County has been in years. 

HTV, I respect what you post and I know that you have a wealth of knowledge in regards to High School sports. I know for a fact a young assistant interviewed this past week and if that's the level they are shooting for then they are not serious about winning at a high level. This hire should be a coordinator with a ton of experience or a head man that's had success at previous jobs. Anything else is underwhelming. I have lived in Hardin Valley since HVA opened and been a part of the youth sports league since its creation. I should have clarified the talent statement by saying the families reside in Hardin Valley, the talent unfortunately plays at Grace, Webb, CAK, and other other private programs. The writing was on the wall years ago when one of the most talented players left for TKA. I have had 2 kids graduate and play for HVA and I have a 3rd who is not playing at HVA. He's at one of the above privates. I could no longer watch what was taking place. Thank the stars Paul Maynard was part of the staff as he single handily was responsible for many of their successes.  Again this is my respectful opinion from someone that lives in the shadow of the stadium.

HV will hire an assistant coach or possibly a sitting HC from outside Knox County. KCS is not going to approve a HC hire moving over from another KCS school. At this point in the year, KCS will want to have all their schools with a HC after the HVA hire and not have to go through the process again at another school. Another interesting notion is the appointment of Mr. Speas coming over from Fulton to be the new principal at HVA. It will interesting to see how things turn out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldandBusted said:

HTV, I respect what you post and I know that you have a wealth of knowledge in regards to High School sports. I know for a fact a young assistant interviewed this past week and if that's the level they are shooting for then they are not serious about winning at a high level. This hire should be a coordinator with a ton of experience or a head man that's had success at previous jobs. Anything else is underwhelming. I have lived in Hardin Valley since HVA opened and been a part of the youth sports league since its creation. I should have clarified the talent statement by saying the families reside in Hardin Valley, the talent unfortunately plays at Grace, Webb, CAK, and other other private programs. The writing was on the wall years ago when one of the most talented players left for TKA. I have had 2 kids graduate and play for HVA and I have a 3rd who is not playing at HVA. He's at one of the above privates. I could no longer watch what was taking place. Thank the stars Paul Maynard was part of the staff as he single handily was responsible for many of their successes.  Again this is my respectful opinion from someone that lives in the shadow of the stadium.

Understand what you are saying. 

But after talking to somebody really close the hiring of Speas has thrown a new wrinkle in to the laundry.  Speas is very much a football guy. He's not going to settle for a coach with a mediocre resume. just to settle.  

Edited by HTV
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, GIJoe said:

This is actually getting exciting. I'm just concerned that they will hire a coach too late.

What is getting so exciting? This thing seems to be dying in this summer heat. Don't get your hopes up. I heard RG is trying to get back into a West Knoxville HS so he won't be so far from , well you all figure it out. People in West Knoxville should run when they see him coming, but some people (administration) have very short memories.

39 minutes ago, Turtle said:

So what's the latest?  What names are being mention?  Since Speas is the new man in charge, will a Fulton Assistant be named head coach?  

Official interviews this week.   Could be done by the end of the week, or certainly by early next week. 

And I don't think any Fulton assistant is in the mix. Still think it will be a current head coach from the East side. 

Edited by HTV

2 minutes ago, HTV said:

Official interviews this week.   Could be done by the end of the week, or certainly by early next week. 

And I don't think any Fulton assistant is in the mix. Still think it will be a current head coach from the East side. 

Not a Shot at Fulton but why none of their coaches are mention for Head Coach openings?  An.d its going to be interesting like many are saying if that person(east) gets the job. I just hope that school has a plan b if that coach decides to step down and take that job

If they go east then their just moving sideways or in other words jumping from the oven to the frying pan creating another opening in the same school system continuing the headache and heartache to another school. In some people's eyes it may look like lets take care of the rich people's problem out west and pass it down the line to the school in the east. They may be thinking that school in the east is used to having problems so what would another one hurt. That is unless the coach wants to have that job and not being pushed towards it.