Wes Jones resigns from HVA wow

GIJoe

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If they go east then their just moving sideways or in other words jumping from the oven to the frying pan creating another opening in the same school system continuing the headache and heartache to another school. In some people's eyes it may look like lets take care of the rich people's problem out west and pass it down the line to the school in the east. They may be thinking that school in the east is used to having problems so what would another one hurt. That is unless the coach wants to have that job and not being pushed towards it.

But shouldn't coaches have the opportunity to move to other jobs within the system when they open if they want to go through the process of applying and interviewing?  Teachers can.  Principals can.  Why shouldn't coaches?  

12 hours ago, Turtle said:

Not a Shot at Fulton but why none of their coaches are mention for Head Coach openings?  An.d its going to be interesting like many are saying if that person(east) gets the job. I just hope that school has a plan b if that coach decides to step down and take that job

That staff is an interesting collection of guys, all very good football coaches.  

Other than Rob Black, they only have 3 other "full time teachers", and one of those I know very well and he isn't interested in being a head football coach.  Another one has been a candidate for a couple of head coaching positions in the past.  Don't know about the third.

The other coaches are either non-classified Knox County personnel, or they are retired educators and just coach.  None of those are going to be head coaches in Knox County per KCSS policies.  

Plus most of those guys have tight Fulton ties.  Guys just don't leave that staff very often.  They are very loyal.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTV said:

But shouldn't coaches have the opportunity to move to other jobs within the system when they open if they want to go through the process of applying and interviewing?  Teachers can.  Principals can.  Why shouldn't coaches?  

I did mention that in the last sentence. Hope everything moves fast whatever they do and especially if they rob Peter to pay Paul.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:12 AM, BigTime1950 said:

What is getting so exciting? This thing seems to be dying in this summer heat. Don't get your hopes up. I heard RG is trying to get back into a West Knoxville HS so he won't be so far from , well you all figure it out. People in West Knoxville should run when they see him coming, but some people (administration) have very short memories.

Since OR opens with HVA, this is interesting. First of all, what's taking so long? Secondly, who is the odds on favorite to land this job? Thirdly, who is RG?

27 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I did mention that in the last sentence. Hope everything moves fast whatever they do and especially if they rob Peter to pay Paul.

I don't see it that way at all.  Yes, same system, but different job opportunities.  

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

Since OR opens with HVA, this is interesting. First of all, what's taking so long? Secondly, who is the odds on favorite to land this job? Thirdly, who is RG?

How long have you been following high school football in Knoxville area?  RG is a long time assistant coach at various Knoxville high schools. Every time there is a new staff created he gets in the picture. Or sometime  he gets in on the tail end of something and tries to pull a power move, then the whole thing falls apart and he moves on. You know works behind the scenes  with players/parents and promises the world but never produces. Loved/hated but never an in-between. Won't give up that big time teaching gig, but name get mentioned for HC jobs, but never pulls the trigger because of past bad deals. Alot of people on here know him. Been hanging around since the late 90s. You'll figure it out if you have the right connections. But if you don't, you'll be better of for not figuring it out if know what l mean.

2 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

How long have you been following high school football in Knoxville area?  RG is a long time assistant coach at various Knoxville high schools. Every time there is a new staff created he gets in the picture. Or sometime  he gets in on the tail end of something and tries to pull a power move, then the whole thing falls apart and he moves on. You know works behind the scenes  with players/parents and promises the world but never produces. Loved/hated but never an in-between. Won't give up that big time teaching gig, but name get mentioned for HC jobs, but never pulls the trigger because of past bad deals. Alot of people on here know him. Been hanging around since the late 90s. You'll figure it out if you have the right connections. But if you don't, you'll be better of for not figuring it out if know what l mean.

One of those guys who can't stay long in one place, and for a reason.  

35 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I don't know who RG is either. Sometimes I wonder if this is a football board or The Navajo Code Talkers Forum.

k9fclj.jpg

Wrong side of the river for you to know about him. We have our code on this side of the , and you all have your code on your side of the river.

31 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Someone was kind enough to fill me in on RG. Sounds like he's a basket full.

Did some real bad back stabbing on a great person and coach that should have got him black balled  from ever coaching again in East Tennessee. But he wormed his way back in somehow and is still trying to talk his way back into coaching in the area.

21 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

That is unless the coach wants to have that job and not being pushed towards it.

I get what you're saying about The East used to having problems and I totally agree with you on that point.  However, like the principal says, " We live and grow together we can get over anything if we stick together!"  With that said, the east will be ok.  Hopefully, the current east coach told the AD about a possible change and hopefully the AD has someone in mind.  

And No he's not being pushed out.