Gallatin travels to Blackman Tonight!

19 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Yeah, sorry they don't have a recycled beer can built stadium. Anybody who actually is informed knows Gallatin has great facilities. Weightroom is large and top quality for any high school. An actual indoor dedicated practice facility. No, not your basketball gym floor. Two over full sized practice fields. Stadium is old, yes. But that is what your are supposed to like about it. Who else can say their football team has been playing on the same field for over 100 years? Has more sitting room than most any high school stadium statewide. What looks like a "packed crowd" at a lot of stadiums will appear like a half full crowd at their stadium.

I don't think anyone wants to say they have been playing at the same stadium for 100 years. We have gone from talking about Gallatin 40 years ago to now a 100 years. You are a special breed my friend. Im sure next you are brag about having your 1919 Ford Model T. "She don't run anymore but she is a classic." Kinda describes Gallatin Football don't ya think? 

3 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

I don't think anyone wants to say they have been playing at the same stadium for 100 years. We have gone from talking about Gallatin 40 years ago to now a 100 years. You are a special breed my friend. Im sure next you are brag about having your 1919 Ford Model T. "She don't run anymore but she is a classic." Kinda describes Gallatin Football don't ya think? 

Miller High Life is the classic and it still works.

9 minutes ago, BruceColetrain said:

Miller High Life is the classic and it still works.

Bruce you are the kind of guy that would probably like Gallatin's stadium then. Its nothing like the Creek Bank but it has that old rusted vintage feel. Gonna need some of those Miller High Life's with you though.

6 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

You are special, just not a breed. And yeah, people definitely want to be able to say they have been on the same field for that amount of time. It is supposed to be cool aspect of it. How old are you again? Go tell Tennessee that Neyland Stadium is no good because of how long they have been playing there since 1921. Go tell The USC Trojans their stadium is no good because it was built in 1923. How about Wisconsin's Stadium built in 1917? Or Ole Miss from 1915? Or how about the Rose Bowl built in 1922 that holds College Football Playoff games? Michigan Big House was built in 1927. Tear them down though, right? And yeah, your classic car argument is terrible. Classics are going up in value every day. New cars drop significantly every day. 

Have a good day peanut brain. 

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

You are special, just not a breed. And yeah, people definitely want to be able to say they have been on the same field for that amount of time. It is supposed to be cool aspect of it. How old are you again? Go tell Tennessee that Neyland Stadium is no good because of how long they have been playing there since 1921. Go tell The USC Trojans their stadium is no good because it was built in 1923. How about Wisconsin's Stadium built in 1917? Or Ole Miss from 1915? Or how about the Rose Bowl built in 1922 that holds College Football Playoff games? Michigan Big House was built in 1927. Tear them down though, right? And yeah, your classic car argument is terrible. Classics are going up in value every day. New cars drop significantly every day. 

Have a good day peanut brain. 

As a Die Hard Vol Fan...I appreciate Neyland. But it, the Coliseum, Camp Randall, and the Rose Bowl are complete dumps. Ole Miss is too small. The Big House is almost underground. These places you mentioned are also irrelevant in CFB today because theyve stayed in their "Classic Car" Era. UT will rise again though! 

1 hour ago, WingT08 said:

Bruce you are the kind of guy that would probably like Gallatin's stadium then. Its nothing like the Creek Bank but it has that old rusted vintage feel. Gonna need some of those Miller High Life's with you though.

As long as they dont take my Igloo at the door. And my ol truck will make it down there.

3 minutes ago, BruceColetrain said:

As a Die Hard Vol Fan...I appreciate Neyland. But it, the Coliseum, Camp Randall, and the Rose Bowl are complete dumps. Ole Miss is too small. The Big House is almost underground. These places you mentioned are also irrelevant in CFB today because theyve stayed in their "Classic Car" Era. UT will rise again though! 

Dumps? You have lost your mind. They are the most well-known stadiums IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL! What do you mean they're irrelevant? Big House and Neyland Stadium are known amongst the most elite stadiums in the country, college or pro. 

7 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Dumps? You have lost your mind. They are the most well-known stadiums IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL! What do you mean they're irrelevant? Big House and Neyland Stadium are known amongst the most elite stadiums in the country, college or pro. 

Too bad "elite" stadiums don't create "elite" teams or win championships as you have just provided with a cornucopia of examples. Those stadiums you mentioned....they also try and update them from time to time unlike the wave yard. You can put lipstick on a pig but the end of the day it is still a pig. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Ever been to 'The Pit' at Lincoln County?  How about Oak Ridge's field?  While both are old they give you a special feeling just being there.  Gallatin is the same.  It is called TRADITION!

Oh boy don't get these Gallatinites started on tradition. They may get that "special feeling" in other places that are not coachT message board appropriate. 

3 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

Too bad "elite" stadiums don't create "elite" teams or win championships as you have just provided with a cornucopia of examples. Those stadiums you mentioned....they also try and update them from time to time unlike the wave yard. You can put lipstick on a pig but the end of the day it is still a pig. 

Yeah, says the anonymous small boy football troll.