2019 Ladies Classic in Greenevillle, TN

Americal198

7 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs has Oak Ridge and Bradley on the schedule this year, to be honest Meigs should have beat Oak Ridge this year, they led almost the hole game, just made a few mistakes at the end. I was in school in 93 so got to watch some really good girls basketball at that time, those Meigs teams were fun to watch. I think Paige was married to Aaron Green which I played against, he played at Sweetwater then went to UT, I think that’s right.

I believe you have everything right except for the numb skull brain dead ridiculous garbage about Meigs should have beat the greatest girls high school basketball program in the history of the World...OAK RIDGE!

JUUUUSSSTTTTT Kidding! :smile:  I have nothing but RESPECT for both Meigs County and South Greene. I also think the Greeneville Tournament is the second best girls tournament behind Phoenix historically speaking. This year Oak Ridge will be playing in another top tier tournament in Myrtle Beach before coming to Greene County. They may even get to face Christ the King (NYC) that produced C. Holdzclaw. The webpage for that tournament, which also has Science Hill and Lebanon, is  beachballclassic/2019crescom-bank-team/

Again, I was only joking and just hope a Tennessee team wins the tournament ih Greeneville. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

41 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I believe you have everything right except for the numb skull brain dead ridiculous garbage about Meigs should have beat the greatest girls high school basketball program in the history of the World...OAK RIDGE!

JUUUUSSSTTTTT Kidding! :smile:  I have nothing but RESPECT for both Meigs County and South Greene. I also think the Greeneville Tournament is the second best girls tournament behind Phoenix historically speaking. This year Oak Ridge will be playing in another top tier tournament in Myrtle Beach before coming to Greene County. They may even get to face Christ the King (NYC) that produced C. Holdzclaw. The webpage for that tournament, which also has Science Hill and Lebanon, is  beachballclassic/2019crescom-bank-team/

Again, I was only joking and just hope a Tennessee team wins the tournament ih Greeneville. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Dang, Willie. It's about time you responded in a way that showed you got a little life in ya.

I hope Oak Ridge comes to Greeneville with the Myrtle Beach crown.

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

:shock: I’m just glad I was allowed to come in and watch Oak Ridge play lol 

I’m looking forward to the tournament, there should be some really good games. Do you know anything about the out of town teams?

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I’m looking forward to the tournament, there should be some really good games. Do you know anything about the out of town teams?

Not yet but I usually go on the Internet and look for teams websites, local newspapers, YouTube for a video of a game and if need be, kidnap a player on the out of state team and tickle her until she spills the beans. ( One day, somebody is going to take me serious and call the police saying I am a kidnapper. )

I will post any info as I find it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Very little, except the organizers do a pretty good job finding competitive teams with great distances to travel. Some of the rosters list teams with 8th graders playing varsity.

I highly recommend buying the glossy program. It has team pictures, lists the scores and teams from every past tournament, individual and team records, etc.

Edited by Americal198
  • Like 1

Ladies Classic Team Notes

Parkersburg WV Back to Back AAA State Champions

3 players being recruited 

Dacula Ga Final 8 in Georgia in 6A.

They have three big time D1 Recruits one Senior PG Nyla Moore 2020 class being recruited by Davidson, Wofford, UNC Asheville and others. PF Keyanna Gibbs also a 2020 being recruited by UNC Asheville and OVC Schools. 2022 Super Soph Lazaria Spearman already has multiple Power Five offers from FSU, GT, Ole Miss, Florida, Louisville, Miami and South Carolina.

Archer Ga Sweet 16 in 7A last year. 

They have two rising 2021 players that's getting plenty of attention from several schools including D1. Both are top 250 players in the 2021 Class.. They are Cazzie Nelson 5’6 PG and Maya Jackson 6’1 PF.

Lanier Ga 2019 6A State Champs

Multiple players getting attention led by 3 D1 Recruits and have a front line of 6'3, 6'3, 6'4

Rockcastle KY finished 20-12 Lost in Region Finals.

Got two good prospects led by 2021 5'10 G/F Casey Coleman and 2020 5'10 PG Kenzie Himes. Both are receiving interest from all levels of basketball.

East Hamilton 23-11 made it to Sub State

Madison Hayes #24 in ESPN top 50 2020 class. Multiple Power 5 offers.  2020 class Dezah Lacy D1 offers from Austin Peay, Jacksonville State, Alabama A&M,. 2020 class Eliziah Laboo multiple Offers from D2, NAIA and Juco

Upperman 2017, 2018 AA State Champs

Reagan Hurst 5’11 guard junior. She was 1st team all district as a sophomore. Was all state tournament team as a freshman. She has talked to TTU, UTC , UTM, Dayton , Furman & Wofford.
Brooklyn Crouch 5’6 sophomore. She was freshman of the year last year. 1st team all district as freshman and on the defensive team in our district.
She has also spoke with several schools also. TTU , UTC, Dayton.
Torie Brooks. 5’6 junior. Was 2nd team all conference. All state tournament team as a freshman. Bryan college has also showed interest in her.

Ashland Mcclellan 6’0 senior. Has had a lot of interest from Bryan College.

Oak Ridge 33-2 AAA Final Four

Bri Dunbar 5’6 PG Being Recruited by King, Milligan, Bryan, Arkansas Tech, USC Upstate and LMU

Khamari Mitchell-Steen  5’10 SG has interest from Multiple D1 schools including UTC, Radford, TN Tech, UAB, UNC Asheville and Southern Illinois

Upperman 64 Greeneville 52

Greeneville could not climb back into the game, despite holding their own for the final three quarters. Greeneville was not prepared for the quality play of Upperman. It was like running into a buzzsaw. Freshman post, Abigail Johnson dominated the inside game, while Reagan Hurst, Brooklyn Crouch, Aiyana Levy and Torie Brooks did everything else. It was a pure team effort that included several other players to whom I apologize for not naming. They're like busy Bees that know what their individual roles are—a result of good coaching. Brooks killed it from well past the three point line toward the end of the game.

Greeneville should not hang their heads. They played their hearts out. I noticed that the Lady Bees are a very young team, no seniors, but Greeneville is even younger. Greeneville will only get better.

North Greene 44 Archer, Georgia 38

Archer made it a game in the second half, but only dressed eight girls. They pressed North Greene relentlessly in the second half,  began to get into foul trouble. Archer had three girls foul out and it was pretty much over with several minutes left in the game. They need more players.

Saturday will have Upperman against North Greene. North Greene should match up against Upperman better than Greeneville did, but Upperman will be a tough challenge for North Greene. It should be a good game.

10 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Greeneville could not climb back into the game, despite holding their own for the final three quarters. Greeneville was not prepared for the quality play of Upperman. It was like running into a buzzsaw. Freshman post, Abigail Johnson dominated the inside game, while Reagan Hurst, Brooklyn Crouch, Aiyana Levy and Torie Brooks did everything else. It was a pure team effort that included several other players to whom I apologize for not naming. They're like busy Bees that know what their individual roles are—a result of good coaching. Brooks killed it from well past the three point line toward the end of the game.

Greeneville should not hang their heads. They played their hearts out. I noticed that the Lady Bees are a very young team, no seniors, but Greeneville is even younger. Greeneville will only get better.

Archer made it a game in the second half, but only dressed eight girls. They pressed North Greene relentlessly in the second half,  began to get into foul trouble. Archer had three girls foul out and it was pretty much over with several minutes left in the game. They need more players.

Saturday will have Upperman against North Greene. North Greene should match up against Upperman better than Greeneville did, but Upperman will be a tough challenge for North Greene. It should be a good game.

I'm actually surprised Greeneville came within 12 points of Upperman.  North Greene Looks to be the best team in Greene Co this year holding a 16 point win against SG. SG beat Greeneville by 33 earlier in the year

On 12/26/2019 at 11:51 PM, Americal198 said:

Friday's games:

Oak Ridge 60 Rockcastle, Ky 43

I arrived at the beginning of the second half. Khamari Mitchell-Steen tied the tournament record with nine steals. Oak Ridge has always had success in the Ladies Classic, but may have match-up problems against Dacula, Georgia.

Dacula, Georgia 65 Morristown West 41

West gave it all they had, but it wasn't enough. Dacula is big and strong. They missed lots of shots during warmups, but that changed when the shots mattered.  Dacula is deep size-wise. This team may go on to win the tournament, if they can get by Oak Ridge. I look for Oak Ridge and Dacula to be a great game.

Meigs County 67 South Greene 48

Meigs won this game with defense, not allowing South Greene to make very many outside shots. I thought SG could match up pretty well down low, but they seldom found opportunities. SG made way too many mistakes. #10 Braylee Woods, sophomore point guard for South Greene is emerging as the team leader—something the team has needed.

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett 41 Parkersburg WV 37

This game was nip and tuck for the entire game. Parkersburg fouled out two players and that made the difference in the end.

Going up against Meigs, D-B will be bigger in the post. Having said that, I rate this game as pretty even, with a slight edge to Meigs.

The 5:30 game with North Greene and Upperman should be fun to watch. The winner of this game has a better than even chance of going to the final.

On 12/27/2019 at 10:16 AM, Swipes said:

I'm actually surprised Greeneville came within 12 points of Upperman.  North Greene Looks to be the best team in Greene Co this year holding a 16 point win against SG. SG beat Greeneville by 33 earlier in the year

The pendulum has definitely swung in favor of North Greene, at this point in time.

On 12/27/2019 at 10:16 AM, Swipes said:

We are all guilty of comparing scores,but factors as sickness ,girls hurt,match -ups, lop sided officiating, home court advantage etc.. hard to compare scores on 14-17 yr old kids and get true readings.