FORREST | CORNERSVILLE | GORDONSVILLE

6 hours ago, Salem said:

Looked like three evenly matched teams in a spring scrimmage. All three defenses were way ahead of their offenses which is what you expect after a handful of practices. All three teams could walk out with some positives and all three left with things to work on. In a real game it would be a toss up coming down to coaching, preparation, turnovers, and penalties.

Due to an early injury and baseball Forrest had to play 80% of the snaps with the 3rd team QB.  An 8th grader who hasn't taken a meaningful snap since 6th grade (more on that later). Forrest was missing the likely starting QB and one of their best overall players because of baseball.  A few other players could give some depth at DB or WR. 

After getting manhandled last May by Moore County in the scrimmage and having their head coach resign a few days later, Forrest can enter the summer workouts with more optimism this year. They were able to hold their own against two highly ranked 1A schools.

I’ve very positive the one taking snaps for Forrest was a senior 

After watching the live scrimmage once and the film twice...

Gordonsville vs. Forrest started off.  Forrest moved the ball to midfield, but stalled and didn't go any further in their 10 plays. Gville drove the ball down to about the 20 in 10 plays. All of their run plays went for 3 yards or more. I'm confident that had they stuck to running, they would've scored that series. We also had an 8th grader playing QB who will likely start as a freshman this fall, so they were likely getting him work.

I don't have Cornersville vs. Forrest on film, so I can't really say.

Cornersville vs. Gordonsville. Cornersville scored once in 10 plays; Gordonsville scored twice. Both teams had a TD apiece on big plays. Cornersville scored on a crossing route where the defenders didn't wrap up. Gordonsville's 2nd TD came when a WR got behind the secondary and scored.

I'm not putting much stock into the JV squads, because there's less certainty there than with the starters at this point. And the goal line stuff...well there were obvious penalties on all the teams that would've affected the outcome in those drills that didn't get called but would've in a game.

Of course, I paid more attention to Gville than the others, but we ran the ball successfully and consistently on both teams. Passing...not so much. Defensively, our front line stopped everything inside, but there were some issues to the outside and some missed tackles.

I stand by my assessment on the other thread. Gordonsville was the best team there, with Cornersville a very close second, and Forrest rounding out the top 3.

Unfortunately for you,  the results are largely irrelevant. Forrest is 2A and thus, needs only to worry about Lewis Co and Eagleville.

I was accurate that G'ville's offense didn't score on Forrest. Medicate yourself all you want. The 4th down of the first series G'ville was held, and they continued on the 5th down and after. I complimented G'ville, but they started slow. Most of their success came later in the evening.  

A home and home down the road might be in order. Over the years the common opponent that really sticks out is Watertown. We went 2-2 with them since 2015 and I'm pretty sure you guy's didn't beat them a single time. 

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Unfortunately for you,  the results are largely irrelevant. Forrest is 2A and thus, needs only to worry about Lewis Co and Eagleville.

I was accurate that G'ville's offense didn't score on Forrest. Medicate yourself all you want. The 4th down of the first series G'ville was held, and they continued on the 5th down and after. I complimented G'ville, but they started slow. Most of their success came later in the evening.  

A home and home down the road might be in order. Over the years the common opponent that really sticks out is Watertown. We went 2-2 with them since 2015 and I'm pretty sure you guy's didn't beat them a single time. 

Why are you comparing opponents from the past? Medicating myself? What are you talking about? I gave you my assessment of the scrimmage. I believe you wanted people to talk about it, right? Or are you sensitive to the fact that I think Forrest wasn't as good as the other two teams. Either way, I don't understand why you're so defensive, and you are completely wrong about the 1 possession as well. 

The 1st possession plays for Gville were as follows: 9 yard run, 2 yard run, inc., 8 yard run, 7 yard run, inc., 12 yard run, -4 yard sack, 3 yard run, inc. 13 yard run. That's 4 first downs in 10 plays. You do realize that everyone was running 10 plays a possession, right?

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

The only other common opponent the last 5 seasons was Fayetteville 2013. You lost we won. I don't know what else to tell you brother. 

In 2012 our common opponent was Eagleville. You lost; we won. I don't know what you're trying to say.

We were at two different scrimmages. Post the video here of that Nebraska 1995-esque drive. You're South Pitt all of a sudden. 

I complimented G'ville. You're a homer. Always have been. I call Forrest out when they deserve it. Not against you tho  Not a single team scored on Forrest's 1st team D.  Defensive is important right. Can you say the same. I'll wait.