FORREST | CORNERSVILLE | GORDONSVILLE

Croz has been one of the most respected posters for years.   He gave his assessment of the scrimmage.   Forrest is stronger (traditionally) in every sport besides Football!  Girls softball has been their trademark for years.  

Your a good poster as well, General, but your really coming off as a A** in this argument.   Not trying to pi$$ you off, friend, just suggesting you let it go.

He don't have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with him.   Just agree to disagree....  Can't we all just get along?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for weighing in. Last time I checked we are both human beings. There aren't rankings involved, and I don't need permission to give my opinions. Tension makes a lot of people uncomfortable, even though this place is boring without it. So I get what you are trying to do. 

If you've followed me you know that I don't really worry about how I come off. It's a message board not the U.N. I am probably the most brutally honest poster about my own team here, and I don't suffer cliches. I'm not changing. And I have no bad blood towards Croz or anyone else.   

That said, this is Forrest's last year for a while to do something.  If they flounder this year you haven't seen anything yet. 

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Croz has been one of the most respected posters for years.   He gave his assessment of the scrimmage.   Forrest is stronger (traditionally) in every sport besides Football!  Girls softball has been their trademark for years.  

Your a good poster as well, General, but your really coming off as a A** in this argument.   Not trying to pi$$ you off, friend, just suggesting you let it go.

He don't have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with him.   Just agree to disagree....  Can't we all just get along?

For the sake of ending this argument, Let's just say:

Forrest had the best defense. Gordonsville had the best offense. Cornersville had the best team. Everyone gets a medal! :wink:

19 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I like your style....  Are you handing out participation trophies at the Junior Pro games also...??     :-D:D:roflolk:

I personally oppose everyone getting a trophy in junior pro but when the 2019 spring scrimmage argument brings girls' softball and 1977 into discussion it's time to make exceptions.  :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/14/2019 at 12:24 PM, croz6110 said:

After watching the live scrimmage once and the film twice...

Gordonsville vs. Forrest started off.  Forrest moved the ball to midfield, but stalled and didn't go any further in their 10 plays. Gville drove the ball down to about the 20 in 10 plays. All of their run plays went for 3 yards or more. I'm confident that had they stuck to running, they would've scored that series. We also had an 8th grader playing QB who will likely start as a freshman this fall, so they were likely getting him work.

I don't have Cornersville vs. Forrest on film, so I can't really say.

Cornersville vs. Gordonsville. Cornersville scored once in 10 plays; Gordonsville scored twice. Both teams had a TD apiece on big plays. Cornersville scored on a crossing route where the defenders didn't wrap up. Gordonsville's 2nd TD came when a WR got behind the secondary and scored.

I'm not putting much stock into the JV squads, because there's less certainty there than with the starters at this point. And the goal line stuff...well there were obvious penalties on all the teams that would've affected the outcome in those drills that didn't get called but would've in a game.

Of course, I paid more attention to Gville than the others, but we ran the ball successfully and consistently on both teams. Passing...not so much. Defensively, our front line stopped everything inside, but there were some issues to the outside and some missed tackles.

I stand by my assessment on the other thread. Gordonsville was the best team there, with Cornersville a very close second, and Forrest rounding out the top 3.

Crow, hope all is well and your health is better