Marshall County 2019

5 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

So after the few 7 on 7 tournaments that Marshall County has participated in, does anyone have anything different that they may think will happen with this team, good, bad, indifferent? 

We have a very good Receiver core and RB's have experience from last year. Rucker and Greer if they stay healthy at RB should have a big year. Only question is young QB and O'line. O'line maybe OK with them playing on both sides of the ball because our defense line should be solid as well as the rest of the D. QB will be good as he gains experience throughout the year.

2 hours ago, Marshall1969 said:

We have a very good Receiver core and RB's have experience from last year. Rucker and Greer if they stay healthy at RB should have a big year. Only question is young QB and O'line. O'line maybe OK with them playing on both sides of the ball because our defense line should be solid as well as the rest of the D. QB will be good as he gains experience throughout the year.

The O-line and D-lines are the two areas that I look at on each team.  You can have all the talent in the world around them but it they can't stop anyone from getting to the QB or you can't reach the QB then that will make for a long season and those playmakers are there for nothing.  Hope that O-line can gel during the season and the QB gains necessary experience.  This could be a special MC team.  From a Cornersville Bulldog, good luck to Marshall County this season!

8 minutes ago, rnorris92 said:

The O-line and D-lines are the two areas that I look at on each team.  You can have all the talent in the world around them but it they can't stop anyone from getting to the QB or you can't reach the QB then that will make for a long season and those playmakers are there for nothing.  Hope that O-line can gel during the season and the QB gains necessary experience.  This could be a special MC team.  From a Cornersville Bulldog, good luck to Marshall County this season!

Thanks rnorris92. Always pulling for Cornersville to do well. I enjoyed last 2 years Championship run.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:30 AM, Chiledeme said:

Well, for a start...

I’m not sure what LaVergne has returning, but we COMPLETELY DOMINATED them!!! Yes, it was a “spring scrimmage “, but it was UGLY!!! MC did pretty much what they wanted and PRESSURED LaVernge’s offense (run or pass) the entire scrimmage!!!

The final was 42-14, with LaVergne scoring ONLY on our third string (twice)!!!

I have the highest regard for Coach Osteen and MC, but I'd be more worried if they didn't pulverize LaVergne

17 hours ago, Marshall1969 said:

Thanks rnorris92. Always pulling for Cornersville to do well. I enjoyed last 2 years Championship run.

My wife graduated from MC so we kind of pull for each others team.  I, also, have enjoyed the last 2 years from Cornersville but have enjoyed watching MC play the few years before that when Osteen got there.  They have had a few players come through there that made it fun to watch.  Under Osteen, they have had that kind of offense that makes you go WOW!  that was awesome. 

• Like 1