Grundy Co.

ecu

Jessica Southern wouldn't last a week at Grundy. Athletic Director Leon Woodlee could try to bring his daughter back from Sequatchie Co. but I doubt she would come. He could appoint himself as coach but that's unlikely due to the fact that he isn't going to coach a team that will struggle to win because it would make him look bad. Here is a name that I think could be in the mix, Brittany Woodlee. She is Leon Woodlee's daughter in law and has coached elementary school ball in Grundy Co. for a few years. Only time will tell but that's my take.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LHS247 said:

Jessica Southern wouldn't last a week at Grundy. Athletic Director Leon Woodlee could try to bring his daughter back from Sequatchie Co. but I doubt she would come. He could appoint himself as coach but that's unlikely due to the fact that he isn't going to coach a team that will struggle to win because it would make him look bad. Here is a name that I think could be in the mix, Brittany Woodlee. She is Leon Woodlee's daughter in law and has coached elementary school ball in Grundy Co. for a few years. Only time will tell but that's my take.

Why did the coach from Shelbyville leave there?  I wish my rebels could of got coach southern is she just not coaching anymore?  Did the grundy coach take her daughter somewhere or did she get fired from grundy? 

1 minute ago, OldEagleEye said:

No, she was fired, heard she had been working 2 jobs and they thought that was taking time away from the program. Had been working in the alumni office at mtsu and it is hard to devote enough time to a high school program when your trying to double dip.

Not sure that is true. I had heard that she just finished up her master's degree and I had heard the final part of it was an internship which she did most of it through her spring break. From what I have heard, she was screwed over there because the administration caved to politics. must not be a backbone in the leadership there. Sounds like either the administration or the political pull the new coach had to worm her way in there is trying to make excuses to not look as bad as they should. 

On 5/15/2019 at 11:13 AM, BigOrangeBaller said:

If she is smart she would not consider that. She is a good coach and she needs to be somewhere that she can continue to grow and improve, Grundy is not such a place. 

Thanks, I honestly dont know much about Grundy County and thought it may be a move. Appreciate the info!!