Summer ball starting soon.

UTRok

On 5/23/2019 at 4:58 PM, dmm88 said:

2 surprise teams from West Tennessee that I'm looking forward to seeing and I think both are gonna shock everyone. Madison Academic and Bolivar.

Been a while since Bolivar was in the conversation. I agree. they finished pretty strong last season. Madison will be very good too.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:57 AM, chill said:

Will the BCAT camp rotate locations? Only Sevier, Jellico, and Webb east of Murfreesboro. 

They also have Science Hill. Some teams in East had committed originally but backed out. Part of the issue is the weekend, the dead period starts on the 23rd, the schedule is set by the NCAA not by the BCAT. They put them on the last 2 weekends of June nation wide. Being honest most high school coaches don’t realize how the recruiting has changed in men’s basketball even though the BCAT did a great job of trying to inform the state coaches. Both weekends June 21-23 and 28-30 are ‘live recruiting ‘ meaning it is open for D-1,2,3 coaches to be at the events. AAU has 1or 2 weekend in April and 1 in July. The HS coaches are now much more involved in the recruiting process. 

On 6/6/2019 at 11:21 AM, Springbrookrat said:

We have 6 football players that will play this year. Looks like 3 starters and 3 good players to come off the bench. We haven’t had half our team during the Maryville College camp but I do see some reason for optimism. The new coach is going to make a big big difference.  

I got to see Alcoa at Oak Ridge team camp.  It was good to see some of the Alcoa football players back on the hardwood. I like the way they're playing up tempo but I don't think they'll be able to hang with most of the teams in the district.  I believe Alcoa will keep it close for 2 1/2 quarters and then they'll get wore out.  The new coach:  well let's just say he didn't make many friends at the Oak Ridge team camp especially the players that were working the score clock/taking stats.  

18 hours ago, Turtle said:

I got to see Alcoa at Oak Ridge team camp.  It was good to see some of the Alcoa football players back on the hardwood. I like the way they're playing up tempo but I don't think they'll be able to hang with most of the teams in the district.  I believe Alcoa will keep it close for 2 1/2 quarters and then they'll get wore out.  The new coach:  well let's just say he didn't make many friends at the Oak Ridge team camp especially the players that were working the score clock/taking stats.  

Lol! So you think we won’t compete in district 4AA this year?  Lol! We are better at every position than last years team. We have a deeper bench and are more athletic than last years team. You lost any credibility in basketball with me when you say we won’t compete in this district next year.  We have 5 players from last years team and only 3 playing in last weeks team camp this summer. We are still trying to figure it out right now.  Fulton and AE lost most of their teams from last year. If you remember we split with AE last year and lost in the district semi finals by 8 to them. They were not that much better than us last year and losing 7 players that played plus 4 starters. AE might not finish in the top 3 in the district next year. I feel very confident that we will compete for a district and regional Championship next year. I’ll revisit this post in 7 months from now and remind you of it. 

On 6/14/2019 at 9:52 PM, Turtle said:

This take will not age well when we look at it towards district tournament time.next year and Alcoa is sitting towards the top of not at the top. They have a lot of kids/ATHLETES who haven't played in years bc of this new coach and he will have them going!! I would say after Christmas this team will be dangerous and not many will want to face them.

BCAT camp is at Briarcrest and Briarcrest Middle this upcoming Friday and Saturday 21st and 22nd. Also at Arlington, Elmore Park Middle, Bartlett 9th grade gym, and St. Benedict at Auburndale. Looking at the schedule, if you're a basketball fan, Memphis is the place to be. Lots of big time matchups on hand.

On 6/15/2019 at 4:34 PM, Springbrookrat said:

Lol! So you think we won’t compete in district 4AA this year?  Lol! We are better at every position than last years team. We have a deeper bench and are more athletic than last years team. You lost any credibility in basketball with me when you say we won’t compete in this district next year.  We have 5 players from last years team and only 3 playing in last weeks team camp this summer. We are still trying to figure it out right now.  Fulton and AE lost most of their teams from last year. If you remember we split with AE last year and lost in the district semi finals by 8 to them. They were not that much better than us last year and losing 7 players that played plus 4 starters. AE might not finish in the top 3 in the district next year. I feel very confident that we will compete for a district and regional Championship next year. I’ll revisit this post in 7 months from now and remind you of it. 

Austin-East and Alcoa both played Catholic at Maryville College team camp and Alcoa shoots the three ball very well and they’re athletic. Alcoa has some depth and should be right there in the hunt for the district title with AE and Fulton.