Summer ball starting soon.

UTRok

29 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

What I've heard is that the BCAT camp is taking the place of the MUS shoot out, at least for this year. Dead period is next week.

Jerry Peters Classic is tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday. A few teams playing 5 days, which is too much.

2 hours ago, dmm88 said:

What I've heard is that the BCAT camp is taking the place of the MUS shoot out, at least for this year. Dead period is next week.

1 hour ago, dmm88 said:

Jerry Peters Classic is tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday. A few teams playing 5 days, which is too much.

The BCAT is not nor will ever take the place of the Jerry Peters classic, they made that clear from the start. The  event the BCAT is putting on is an NCAA live recruiting weekend for high school events only. The dates aren’t set by BCAT they are set by the NCAA, they must be the last 2 weekends of June and must be supervised by the BCAT. These are the rules set nationwide. The teams made the choice of playing those days so that would be on the coaches. Personally, if I were coaching or had a child who was a college level player I would wonder why my HS team at the BCAT event.

Edited by attila
  • Upvote 1

On 6/15/2019 at 4:34 PM, Springbrookrat said:

We have 5 players from last years team and only 3 playing in last weeks team camp this summer. We are still trying to figure it out right now.  Fulton and AE lost most of their teams from last year. If you remember we split with AE last year and lost in the district semi finals by 8 to them. They were not that much better than us last year and losing 7 players that played plus 4 starters. AE might not finish in the top 3 in the district next year. I feel very confident that we will compete for a district and regional Championship next year. I’ll revisit this post in 7 months from now and remind you of it. 

First of all like you stated, "We are still trying to figure it out right now!"  No matter how many players played last week, I voiced my opinion so why get all up tight about it?  AE being down???  Uh, lets just say they're going to shock a lot of people this year.  Don't overlook the Roadrunners.  Saying they won't finish in the top 3?  Uh who finishes ahead of AE?  

On 6/18/2019 at 10:44 AM, Turtle said:

First of all like you stated, "We are still trying to figure it out right now!"  No matter how many players played last week, I voiced my opinion so why get all up tight about it?  AE being down???  Uh, lets just say they're going to shock a lot of people this year.  Don't overlook the Roadrunners.  Saying they won't finish in the top 3?  Uh who finishes ahead of AE?  

Of course we are trying to figure it out. We have 5 new players and one of those is an all district type player in Cam Burden. Also a new coach and new scheme is taking some getting used to. I believe we will be better at every position than last years team and we will have better depth. Fulton and AE cannot say the same and hence why I believe we will be in the hunt for the district title. Alcoa does play Kingston and AE the footballers first week back. Should be an opportunity for those two schools to get a win but if that doesn't happen then it could be a long year for your roadrunners. 

For you to say we wouldn't hang with most of the teams in the district. Lol! That's what totally shocks me... There are only 5 teams in our district. Which means you think we will finish 4th or 5th. Lol! I guess we shall see in about 6 months. 

AE will probably finish 3rd in the district but Kingston and Scott County will be better than last year. Remember Scott County did beat AE last year in the regular season. 

12 hours ago, SayWhat said:

Austin East lost their 2 best guys? Did Brainerd lose a lot as well??

Austin East lost 4 out of 5 starters and the next three off the bench. AE will still be good but not as good as last years team. IMO.. Brainerd I believe had 2 seniors that started. Maybe someone from that district can clarify that. Tyner, Howard, and Brainerd should be pretty good next year. It should be an interesting year in 2A.