Greeneville vs Dobbins Bennett spring scrimmage

Good work put in last night at Burley stadium. Both team's showed good effort. Greeneville is loaded with speed in the skill position's. And the new QB has a lot of talent. DB might be missing some of their fastest player's for track right now I'm not sure but their secondary could not run with the Greeneville WR"s. Especially Jaden Stephenson he just has another gear than everyone else out there yesterday. DB looked improved at the Line of scrimmage. And had some kid's run the ball hard. New QB for them is small but he is a talented kid. Enjoyed going and getting to see some football. It's about this time every year. That I really start missing it

Hope both teams came away healthy.I always told my kids and their friends here in Kingsport that the hardest they will get hit is by a Devil.The first time their friends just laughed because Greeneville was so small. Even back in my day at Greeneville when we couldn't win a scrimmage against ourselves,the hardest we got hit was by other Devils.

• Like 1

That's always great to hear 87.  I hardly ever missed a practice,much less a game when my kids were playing football for several reasons.The main one being that I really couldn't think of a better way to burn my vacation time then watching my kids play sports and secondly, I knew injuries are also just a part of it.Still burns me up to see fans show disrespect when a young man gets hurt .I guess they were never carried off the field or had a son get hurt.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 10:58 AM, Greendevil87 said:

Good work put in last night at Burley stadium. Both team's showed good effort. Greeneville is loaded with speed in the skill position's. And the new QB has a lot of talent. DB might be missing some of their fastest player's for track right now I'm not sure but their secondary could not run with the Greeneville WR"s. Especially Jaden Stephenson he just has another gear than everyone else out there yesterday. DB looked improved at the Line of scrimmage. And had some kid's run the ball hard. New QB for them is small but he is a talented kid. Enjoyed going and getting to see some football. It's about this time every year. That I really start missing it

GD87 

How did the Greene Machines look overall for a spring startup?  I hear the defense is going to be a strong point again this year.  Speed, Speed, and more speed and add that strength, toughness it should be an exciting year.  Looking forward to our 1st game.

Thanks 

Edited by Romansfive8

I think overall they looked really good. Young blood took the first play of 11 on 11 60 yard's to the house. They had some other good runs as well. I think the offense has a chance to be great. If they can get it done up front. DB was able to get to the QB some in the scrimmage. Defensively I think they are going to be really good at linebacker and in the secondary. D- Tackles are very good. I worry a little bit about defensive end we lost a lot of talent at that position. DB was able to get some push up front. With the Jones kid coming back I think the kicking Game is in good shape as well. I like the new QB he is going to do a great job. If they stay healthy they could have a special season no doubt. Tremendous depth at WR and in the secondary. Can't wait for fall practice to start. It will be a fun Year. 

• 1 month later...