Single A State Tournament

cherokee23

22 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

I take Loretto TCA Greenback Summertown 

Seems like 4 solid picks to me. It all comes down to who is available to pitch. Not sure what Lake County or Eagleville has but Summertown is always a safe pick when they’re in the running. From what I know, if Greenback’s bats can keep producing, they CAN make it to the championship game. Summertown beat Greenback 7-0 early in the season. It was a double header for GB and one play sucked the life out of them. I believe Summertown’s ace was on the hill. 

9 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

At MCHS:

Loretto (31-5) vs Franklin Grace (11-16-1)

TCA (35-3) vs Univ School (25-13)

At Riverdale:

Lake County (24-11) vs Greenback (28-9)

Eagleville (21-12) vs Summertown (28-10)

IMO...this Is our best group draw compared to our previous 2 years in the 'Boro.

4 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

It’s definitely the best draw. I don’t think we’ll be seeing a Ryan Weathers this year. 

Your correct, you will not be seeing Ryan Weathers. But, if Loretto throws their #2  James in the first game, you will see Mr. Baseball (front runner IMO), Tennessee commit Blade Tidwell. Just coming off a no-no and walk off grand slam. He can run it up to 94-95 mph. It could be a great matchup round 2 potentially. 

Edited by cbballfan

15 hours ago, score3 said:

You might be surprised.

I had the “privilege” of trying to hit off Ryan Weathers. There’s a big difference in a 95 mph fastball and a 95 mph fastball with movement. I’ve never hit off a pitcher that had so much run on a fastball. If I didn’t know any better, I would’ve thought he had some mystery riseball that he threw. We’ll definitely see some good pitchers but I very seriously doubt that anyone has the National Gatorade Player of the Year on their team this year.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, cbballfan said:

Your correct, you will not be seeing Ryan Weathers. But, if Loretto throws their #2  James in the first game, you will see Mr. Baseball (front runner IMO), Tennessee commit Blade Tidwell. Just coming off a no-no and walk off grand slam. He can run it up to 94-95 mph. It could be a great matchup round 2 potentially. 

I’m hoping TCA and Loretto face off and it’s not at the same time as our game. Would be a fun matchup to watch. I’ve heard that TCA is loaded with pitching but everyone plays a different schedule and some are easier than others. So it’s hard to gauge how effective one’s pitching/batting is.