Single A State Tournament

cherokee23

17 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I have watched TCA several times. Very disciplined at the plate, works counts very well and gets into hitters counts a lot, plays excellent defense and don't beat themselves, good pitching with a lot of depth and a fair hitting team. 

You seen GC play Loretto? If so what would be your prediction of  TCA vs Loretto? Did TCA get some transfers in this year?

44 minutes ago, HingleMcCringleberry said:

You seen GC play Loretto? If so what would be your prediction of  TCA vs Loretto? Did TCA get some transfers in this year?

I have no idea about transfers. I thought TCA had more pitchers this year than GC. I thought GC was a better hitting team but GC just got into a slump late and it cost them. But I think TCA had more pitching. I know GC lost to Loretto but we beat Eagleville and Summertown in the tournament in Murfreesboro but I wasn't there. If I was a betting man I would say the line would be a pick em between Loretto and TCA. Both are obviously good teams.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HingleMcCringleberry said:

No transfers per se, but a couple of freshman newcomers, both big kids with big bats. Most importantly, they didn't lose anything to graduation last year. They have 5 seniors this year that were all major contributors last year as juniors, including their biggest bat and top 2 arms. None of the above have seen 95 at the plate this season, so would make for an intriguing matchup.

Pay attention. Let me explain this to you.

GCpioneer stated that he thought TCA was better than Loretto. His reasoning was that he saw Loretto play Gib Co in a tournament at Eagleville. The game was won by Loretto and they threw a sophmore that has a fastball of 72-74 mph.

I want GCpioneer to explain his reasoning.

1 hour ago, MrMiyagi said:

GCpioneer stated that he thought TCA was better than Loretto. His reasoning was that he saw Loretto play Gib Co in a tournament at Eagleville. The game was won by Loretto and they threw a sophmore that has a fastball of 72-74 mph.

Better bats on TCA...

Also, to keep things in perspective about that game between Loretto and Gibson, Gibson threw their #5 pitcher in the game against Loretto also.

Edited by GCPioneer

TCA May very well have better bats. Loretto can’t afford composite and for sure can’t afford to have them shaved.

How you can tell they have better hitters from 1 game you seen early in the season is a stretch. But here are the offensive numbers from Loretto vs Gibson Co.

Gibson County: 8H,4BB,1HBP,2K,6R  against Loretto’s JV pitcher 72-74mph

Loretto: 11H,1BB,1HBP,2K,7R                     against Gib Co #5 pitcher 78-81 mph

A note on Overstreet (GC #5 pitcher)          - he threw 5 innings against TCA on          May 7th and posted good numbers            

- 7H, 1BB, 7K, 0 earned runs

5 hours ago, MrMiyagi said:

Pay attention and let me explain this to you. In your original post you stated “GCPioneer witnessed a sophomore pitcher from Loretto throw 72-74 and beat Gibson Co.”. You then said “So from that observation you conclude TCA would beat Loretto”. The problem is that you assume it was that observation that formed his opinion. A sophomore may very well have thrown 72-74 and beat Gibson Co. however there could have been 100 other things he saw in that game on which he formed his opinion. You have no way of knowing. Don’t assume things you are not sure of.