Single A State Tournament

cherokee23

Having seen every team in the tournament except Lake County, my predictions are these:

MTCS Bracket:

Loretto over Grace ( Grace lefty is good, but Loretto is better)

TCA over US-JC

LB Game 1

Grace over US-JC

WB Game

Loretto over TCA

LB Game 2

TCA over Grace

MTCS Bracket Final

Loretto over TCA

Riverdale Bracket:

Greenback over Lake Co

Summertown over Eagleville

LB Game 1

Eagleville over Lake CO

WB Game

Summertown over Greenback

LB Game 2

Eagleville over Greenback

Riverdale Bracket Final

Championship Game

Loretto over Summertown

I just showed you the offensive numbers for both sides. What could you possibly take away from those stats and witnessing the game 1st hand (so you say) to make such a claim.

”I’d say TCA is the better team personally.”

I think you said that because TCA bent you over their knee and gave you a spanking. You didn’t get over the spanking and thus Lake Co. gave you another one. But I could be wrong it may have just been the baseball gods punishing you Danielson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bd4vols said:

Having seen every team in the tournament except Lake County, my predictions are these:

MTCS Bracket:

Loretto over Grace ( Grace lefty is good, but Loretto is better)

TCA over US-JC

LB Game 1

Grace over US-JC

WB Game

Loretto over TCA

LB Game 2

TCA over Grace

MTCS Bracket Final

Loretto over TCA

Riverdale Bracket:

Greenback over Lake Co

LB Game 1

Eagleville over Lake CO

WB Game

LB Game 2

Eagleville over Greenback

Riverdale Bracket Final

Championship Game

Loretto over Summertown

MTCS Bracket

Grace over Loretto

TCA over US-JC

LB Game 1 (Loretto over US-JC)

WB Game (TCA over Grace)

LB Game 2 (Loretto over Grace)

MTCS Bracket Final

Loretto over TCA twice 

Riverdale Bracket

Greenback over Lake Co

LB Game 1 (Eagleville over Lake Co)

WB Game (Greenback over Stown)

LB Game 2 (Stown over Eagleville)

Riverdale Bracket Final

Greenback over Summertown 

Championship

Greenback vs Loretto 

(depends on who’s pitching)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MrMiyagi said:

TCA May very well have better bats. Loretto can’t afford composite and for sure can’t afford to have them shaved.

How you can tell they have better hitters from 1 game you seen early in the season is a stretch. But here are the offensive numbers from Loretto vs Gibson Co.

Gibson County: 8H,4BB,1HBP,2K,6R  against Loretto’s JV pitcher 72-74mph

Loretto: 11H,1BB,1HBP,2K,7R                     against Gib Co #5 pitcher 78-81 mph

A note on Overstreet (GC #5 pitcher)          - he threw 5 innings against TCA on          May 7th and posted good numbers            

- 7H, 1BB, 7K, 0 earned runs

The majority of the hits came from the middle and top of the line-up for Loretto. The last few batters in the lineup for Loretto were overmatched against Overstreet. TCA doesn't have a weak hitter in its lineup.

With that being said, Loretto can beat anyone in Single A and TCA can beat anyone in Single A. This is all simply my non-expert opinion... I just thought TCA was a better team than Loretto after seeing what both offenses have to offer up.

35 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

The majority of the hits came from the middle and top of the line-up for Loretto. The last few batters in the lineup for Loretto were overmatched against Overstreet. TCA doesn't have a weak hitter in its lineup.

With that being said, Loretto can beat anyone in Single A and TCA can beat anyone in Single A. This is all simply my non-expert opinion... I just thought TCA was a better team than Loretto after seeing what both offenses have to offer up.

At least take a minute to look over the numbers from the 2 games that Overstreet pitched (1 against Loretto & 1 against TCA) before saying something ridiculous like the bottom of Loretto’s was overwhelmed. 

Oversteet vs Loretto 

(6 2/3 IP, 11 H , 1 BB, 1 HBP, 7 R, 2 K) Two strikeouts over 6 2/3 does not in any way resemble hitters being overwhelmed.

Overstreet vs TCA

(5 IP, 7 H, 1 BB, 0 HBP, 0 R, 7 K) Seven strikeouts in 5 innings indicates TCA hitters may have been overwhelmed.

49 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

MTCS Bracket

Grace over Loretto

TCA over US-JC

LB Game 1 (Loretto over US-JC)

WB Game (TCA over Grace)

LB Game 2 (Loretto over Grace)

MTCS Bracket Final

Loretto over TCA twice 

Riverdale Bracket

Greenback over Lake Co

LB Game 1 (Eagleville over Lake Co)

WB Game (Greenback over Stown)

LB Game 2 (Stown over Eagleville)

Riverdale Bracket Final

Greenback over Summertown 

Championship

Greenback vs Loretto 

(depends on who’s pitching)

There too many things that could go wrong, or right, to accurately predict these games but I’m not gonna argue with this lol. Only game I think you’re wrong on for sure is Loretto vs Grace. But hey you may know something I don’t. I do believe it comes down to TCA, Loretto, Summertown, and Greenback tho.

5 hours ago, MrMiyagi said:

I just showed you the offensive numbers for both sides. What could you possibly take away from those stats and witnessing the game 1st hand (so you say) to make such a claim.

”I’d say TCA is the better team personally.”

I think you said that because TCA bent you over their knee and gave you a spanking. You didn’t get over the spanking and thus Lake Co. gave you another one. But I could be wrong it may have just been the baseball gods punishing you Danielson.

I have only one opinion to share about your little disagreement with GCPioneer… if stats alone could accurately predict outcomes, Vegas would have gone bankrupt long ago on sports wagers. You have crawled way out on a limb that TCA and Lake County may just cut out from underneath you when it wasn't necessary. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, and if you feel that Loretto is the better team that's a good one, but to try and discredit someone else's with some lopsided logic from an early season game could very well turn on you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I have only one opinion to share about your little disagreement with GCPioneer… if stats alone could accurately predict outcomes, Vegas would have gone bankrupt long ago on sports wagers. You have crawled way out on a limb that TCA and Lake County may just cut out from underneath you when it wasn't necessary. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, and if you feel that Loretto is the better team that's a good one, but to try and discredit someone else's with some lopsided logic from an early season game could very well turn on you.

Bingo!  Just laying low Trader