Single A State Tournament

cherokee23

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Thanks buddy!

Not hating! Just being brutally honest. Two hopped to the pitcher; he had it before the runner even cleared the home plate cut. The SS busted his butt and was at 3rd covering lickity split. Runner was off the bag nearly 25". He was a sitting duck, and the play should have been made on him.

Even playing it safe, the pitcher could have looked him back twice and still got the batter runner. If they could have gotten him to take just one step back, that would have made all the difference in the world.

I'm glad to see them win though.

Edited by crazzyness

6 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

It is a very hard loss to swallow for TCA. Congratulations to Greenback

My words definitely won't help, but I really feel for you guys Reitz, Intense, and BigEdMo… Just had a "bad" game at a bad time, but those players know in their hearts that they deserved to be there, and if the game is played ten times I'm sure that they feel that they'd win the next nine. Maybe that's why it feels so bad, but when they can look back later they'll be almost as proud of their accomplishments as you guys are of them right now. Best of luck to y'all in DII... I hope that we can keep our little rivalry going into the future.

7 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

Not hating! Just being brutally honest. Two hopped to the pitcher; he had it before the runner even cleared the home plate cut. The 2nd baseman busted his butt and was at 3rd covering lickity split. Runner was off the bag nearly 25". He was a sitting duck, and the play should have been made on him.

Even playing it safe, the pitcher could have looked him back twice and still got the batter runner. If they could have gotten him to take just one step back, that would have made all the difference in the world.

I'm glad to see them win though.

My apologies crazy that was supposed to be for Southtowner for the updates!

7 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Oh how sweet it is! Needed 3 wins in a do-or-die situation and of course this senior class pulled it off. Just keep adding to that trophy case. 

So the guy that got the supposedly game winning hit in the 7th just quit running and didn't touch the bag and joined a celebration. Is that accurate?

• Thanks 1