Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
cherokee23

Single A State Tournament

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Wasn't umpires fault kid got caught up in the celebration too quick. He didn't touch the bag. Me personally Greenback won the game following the rules of baseball but I would always look at it as a gift.

Dude......that butt is pretty sore isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 9 yrs with 2 boys playing for Greenback My son's game ended yesterday, #22 Josh Edwards has put his heart in everything he has done for Greenback, I am so proud of all our boys, and also a Very big Thank you to  all the coaches throughout the years! For Josh and Tyler Cullen, This was their 10th trip to State for Greenback and they finished it out with a Championship! To everyone on CoachT,  Some words throughout the yrs were negative, Thank you though because without you putting our kids down it just made our kids stronger and it showed. Now on to bigger and better things!! When you see a soldier in uniform , shake their hand and thank them for wanting to serve and protect you! My son is headed into the Air Force for each one of you with his head held high Best of Luck everyone!   GREENBACK STATE CHAMPS  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MommaKee24 said:

Over 9 yrs with 2 boys playing for Greenback My son's game ended yesterday, #22 Josh Edwards has put his heart in everything he has done for Greenback, I am so proud of all our boys, and also a Very big Thank you to  all the coaches throughout the years! For Josh and Tyler Cullen, This was their 10th trip to State for Greenback and they finished it out with a Championship! To everyone on CoachT,  Some words throughout the yrs were negative, Thank you though because without you putting our kids down it just made our kids stronger and it showed. Now on to bigger and better things!! When you see a soldier in uniform , shake their hand and thank them for wanting to serve and protect you! My son is headed into the Air Force for each one of you with his head held high Best of Luck everyone!   GREENBACK STATE CHAMPS  

Congratulations from the TCA family.  Really fine ball team and extremely well coached!  Thoroughly enjoyed watching your pitcher yesterday.  Wish all the Greenback seniors the very best in life.  What a ballgame!!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MommaKee24 said:

Over 9 yrs with 2 boys playing for Greenback My son's game ended yesterday, #22 Josh Edwards has put his heart in everything he has done for Greenback, I am so proud of all our boys, and also a Very big Thank you to  all the coaches throughout the years! For Josh and Tyler Cullen, This was their 10th trip to State for Greenback and they finished it out with a Championship! To everyone on CoachT,  Some words throughout the yrs were negative, Thank you though because without you putting our kids down it just made our kids stronger and it showed. Now on to bigger and better things!! When you see a soldier in uniform , shake their hand and thank them for wanting to serve and protect you! My son is headed into the Air Force for each one of you with his head held high Best of Luck everyone!   GREENBACK STATE CHAMPS  

A happy parent. We will be happy for their service in the military. Congratulations!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 2:37 PM, Southtowner said:

Congrats to Greenback.   Yall have had a good run these last few years in both football and baseball.  Good class of guys graduating.

I just wanna say congrats to yall and also say, I hope your run is over.

We are truly just getting started...hehe...c ya in 6 months at Cooper Field for the battle of Orange'n'Black.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cofo said:

I feel for the TCA kid who didn't run through 1st base and it cost them the gold ball....but I have heard all season how horrible the TCA players and fans were...players bad language and the parents even worse...and it's a "Christian" school....good luck in D2,,,,,

 I feel for the kid no doubt. I honestly don't know the TCA baseballl world to comment. Basketball acts good. Good luck to them moving forward. Should have decent chances to win state in girls basketball and baseballl.

Edited by pioneer42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cofo said:

I feel for the TCA kid who didn't run through 1st base and it cost them the gold ball....but I have heard all season how horrible the TCA players and fans were...players bad language and the parents even worse...and it's a "Christian" school....good luck in D2....the baseball coach and the AD and Administration need to get a hold of the situation...it goes on in all sports....

Easy to dog pile on a situation. I am Sure your schools kids all walk the straight line and polish their halos daily. It’s easy to throw the rock at the school which Christian in the name. And hide the hand. As if they kids and parents are to be perfect at a Christian school. Please. I will Tell you this. I am A Christian and I fall Short of the glory of God daily But i know God loves me and forgives me in this sinful world. Please tell me  your school so I can Send my youngest son to school there. I would Love to see him in that perfect fruitful location. This forum is about sports and sports causes emotions that come out. Not always good. And not always bad. So save the rock throwing and back biting for your Sunday school class. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cofo said:

I feel for the TCA kid who didn't run through 1st base and it cost them the gold ball....but I have heard all season how horrible the TCA players and fans were...players bad language and the parents even worse...and it's a "Christian" school....good luck in D2....the baseball coach and the AD and Administration need to get a hold of the situation...it goes on in all sports....

Take this for what it's worth, because I haven't been to a TCA game in person for two seasons. TCA and "my" school have met in the field and on the court for decades, and I have never witnessed nor heard from their kids, or been told by our kids anything other than first class sportsmanship from everyone associated with their school. That includes dozens (conservative estimate) of events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Take this for what it's worth, because I haven't been to a TCA game in person for two seasons. TCA and "my" school have met in the field and on the court for decades, and I have never witnessed nor heard from their kids, or been told by our kids anything other than first class sportsmanship from everyone associated with their school. That includes dozens (conservative estimate) of events.

Thanks Trader. Also I dont Have one playing for a couple of years. Give a game to come see this fall and I am There. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigEdMo said:

Thanks Trader. Also I dont Have one playing for a couple of years. Give a game to come see this fall and I am There. 

You pick... gate and eats on me.

  I liked your response... no denial, no excuses. Not being affiliated, I have no reservations about being skeptical about those rumors. TCA has shown us humility when winning big,  class when losing some tough ones, and has never (students, fans, or faculty) acted other than gracious. There's no program that I hold in a higher regard out there... period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cofo said:

I feel for the TCA kid who didn't run through 1st base and it cost them the gold ball....but I have heard all season how horrible the TCA players and fans were...players bad language and the parents even worse...and it's a "Christian" school....good luck in D2....the baseball coach and the AD and Administration need to get a hold of the situation...it goes on in all sports....

I was at the game yesterday.  I don’t have a kid playing by the way.  When the aforementioned play happened nobody argued the call.  The coaches didn’t argue, the fans didn’t argue and the players didn’t argue. Your school,Gibson County, has great kids and coaches.  I know a lot them are very active in church.  When they make a mistake do you look at them and say, “he goes to such and such Baptist church, can you believe he said or did that”?   It’s no different when you attend a Christian school.  Yes, Bullseye is on our backs and we need to strive to a higher standard but inevitably we will fail at one time or another.  Do you think players read CoachT?  Sure they do.  How would you feel if your son was the one who didn’t touch first base?  No need to make the comment that “he cost them the gold ball”!!  What about the 5 errors we made?  Greenback didn’t have a single earned run.  You could easily argue that those errors cost the game.  While I can see your point on that play there is no reason to single out a kid publicly.  Jackson Sun usually takes care of that unfortunately!!  TCA had an amazing season!  Best team in school history. We need to encourage the kids to dwell on the good memories and move past the bad ones. 

Edited by Intense
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...