Coaching changes

Several new head coaches going into next season, I didn't expect coach cretton to retire so early from walker valley but they are getting a great coach in soddy daisy old coach and a assistant in a former Bradley standout in kaylan withrow. I expect walker valley to actually compete this year and finish 2nd or 3rd in district so all three Bradley county teams will probably finish in top 4 in district. I'd pick McMinn 3rd then Cleveland 4th. Cleveland is rebuilding so it will be a tough season for them, walker valley and McMinn will both compete to 2nd. Bradley is the Alabama of aaa girls basketball, they don't rebuild they just reload lol. I'd expect them to get picked to either repeat or at least make it back to state but another team from district 4 could surprise. East Hamilton won't be as good without Madison Hayes, of course they said same thi mg about Bradley last year without Howard So well see..  So my early prediction for district 5 is Bradley, McMinn, walker valley, Cleveland, East Hamilton, soddy daisy and ooltewah. District 7 got a shakeup too with couple coaches retiring or going elsewhere like Jennifer grsndstaff

16 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Several new head coaches going into next season, I didn't expect coach cretton to retire so early from walker valley but they are getting a great coach in soddy daisy old coach and a assistant in a former Bradley standout in kaylan withrow. I expect walker valley to actually compete this year and finish 2nd or 3rd in district so all three Bradley county teams will probably finish in top 4 in district. I'd pick McMinn 3rd then Cleveland 4th. Cleveland is rebuilding so it will be a tough season for them, walker valley and McMinn will both compete to 2nd. Bradley is the Alabama of aaa girls basketball, they don't rebuild they just reload lol. I'd expect them to get picked to either repeat or at least make it back to state but another team from district 4 could surprise. East Hamilton won't be as good without Madison Hayes, of course they said same thi mg about Bradley last year without Howard So well see..  So my early prediction for district 5 is Bradley, McMinn, walker valley, Cleveland, East Hamilton, soddy daisy and ooltewah. District 7 got a shakeup too with couple coaches retiring or going elsewhere like Jennifer grsndstaff

Hayes will be back, know what your saying before you speak and please, please, please, get spell check!!!

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, Dadof2 said:

1 Bradley. McMinn, Cleveland, East Hamilton, will battle for second, Walker Valley will struggle again this year and finish last. IMO

How many seniors did Bradley lose?

Totally agree with this.  Bradley will be the team to beat with Blair.  

Madison Hayes is a 2020 graduate so she will be back.  That gives EH a shot but the supporting cast wasn’t impressive last year.   They will need the younger Hayes to play D and do something other than wait to shoot the 3.

Cleveland returns most if not all of their better players .  And Williams will be much better this year.  McMin will be solid but too small IMO.  I would probably pick exact same order with 2-4 being a toss up.