Any Sullivan South fans still on here?

blazer1set

My Son goes there and wife teaches and coaches Volleyball . So yes lol

Looks to be a good a group of running backs plenty of depth and a big line the all-state lineman is a senior this year. Still working some other things out I think. My son is a Sophmore WR/QB

Edited by kr1416

58 minutes ago, kr1416 said:

My Son goes there and wife teaches and coaches Volleyball . So yes lol

Looks to be a good a group of running backs plenty of depth and a big line the all-state lineman is a senior this year. Still working some other things out I think. My son is a Sophmore WR/QB

Uh-oh, I think we're in trouble...

36 minutes ago, kr1416 said:

LOL I did not say that.  I was just pointing out what I thought was there strength at this point.  Who knows by Fall.  I think they will surprise some people this year.

We were unfortunately hit hard by graduation.   I still think we can finish 5-5 and with a little luck get a playoff game.   I'm afraid we will start out 0-4 against South, Greeneville, Tenn High and Elizabethton...... YIKES.   Would be better to get a few wins first before that part of the schedule but that's just how it goes sometimes.   Coaches are going to have to really keep the guys motivated during those first few tough games.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, blazer1set said:

We were unfortunately hit hard by graduation.   I still think we can finish 5-5 and with a little luck get a playoff game.   I'm afraid we will start out 0-4 against South, Greeneville, Tenn High and Elizabethton...... YIKES.   Would be better to get a few wins first before that part of the schedule but that's just how it goes sometimes.   Coaches are going to have to really keep the guys motivated during those first few tough games.

South plays all of those teams as well..... two of them of course being conference games.

1 hour ago, kr1416 said:

South plays all of those teams as well..... two of them of course being conference games.

I could see South finishing 7-3.    Greeneville and Elizabethton are both just on another level so there is no hope of beating them.      We finally dropped the annual beat-down by Science Hill this year and instead picked up.....    a beat-down by Dobyns Bennett.       Every year Boone seems to have either a good line or a good backfield, but never both in the same year.      A good D-line OR good LB's and secondary, but never both.     Hopefully you guys will make enough first-game mistakes to let us keep it respectable!

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I could see South finishing 7-3.    Greeneville and Elizabethton are both just on another level so there is no hope of beating them.      We finally dropped the annual beat-down by Science Hill this year and instead picked up.....    a beat-down by Dobyns Bennett.       Every year Boone seems to have either a good line or a good backfield, but never both in the same year.      A good D-line OR good LB's and secondary, but never both.     Hopefully you guys will make enough first-game mistakes to let us keep it respectable!

I hope you are correct ..... You just never know, they are high school kids so every day is different, but I liked what I have seen.  It might not be the typical spread offense, we did not run it until mine went in at QB late.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:18 PM, kr1416 said:

I hope you are correct ..... You just never know, they are high school kids so every day is different, but I liked what I have seen.  It might not be the typical spread offense, we did not run it until mine went in at QB late.

Any idea who your fastest and most elusive return man is, and where he lines up on kickoffs?   We like to practice kicking directly to him, it is one of Boone's signature plays.....

19 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

I’m sorry but that’s hilarious!

I wish I was kidding, but sadly Boone just never seems to learn on kickoffs.   Last year, round 2 vs. Knox Central, we take the opening kickoff down and pound it in, Boone 7   Central 0.     As we started to kick I pointed to one of Central's guys who was just dripping speed and elusiveness and said to my buddy, "Surely we aren't going to kick to him are we??"      Friends, that Central guy did not even have to move his feet, the ball went perfectly to him, a few seconds later is it a 7-7 tie.    And went badly downhill from there.    What a backbreaker of a play.