Any Sullivan South fans still on here?

blazer1set

16 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I had been wondering the same thing. I had heard that it went way over budget and they are stuck halfway through it. That could be rumor though. Has anyone seen them working on it lately or is it completed? I don't get up that way much 

Every time I drive by it looks the same....  I mean they might be moving dirt from one pile to the other but that's about it.      Of course to be fair, a cursory drive-by is anecdotal at best and should not be misconstrued as empiricism.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Every time I drive by it looks the same....  I mean they might be moving dirt from one pile to the other but that's about it.      Of course to be fair, a cursory drive-by is anecdotal at best and should not be misconstrued as empiricism.

Now that I'm thinking on it Blazer I think it was on the news that it went way over budget and they were basically stuck in the middle halfway done with no dang $

24 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Now that I'm thinking on it Blazer I think it was on the news that it went way over budget and they were basically stuck in the middle halfway done with no dang $

They have the money to build and finish everything, I think the only debate is extra money for turf and the swimming pool, but we are talking like 2 million needed and the school system could probably find that no problem.  Last update I saw showed it was well on its way.  Remember it has another 12 months until it needs to be open.  600k and 6 weeks to install turf is the route they need to go.  Heck, Hawkins county will have turf before Sullivan.

1 hour ago, formerblazer said:

They have the money to build and finish everything, I think the only debate is extra money for turf and the swimming pool, but we are talking like 2 million needed and the school system could probably find that no problem.  Last update I saw showed it was well on its way.  Remember it has another 12 months until it needs to be open.  600k and 6 weeks to install turf is the route they need to go.  Heck, Hawkins county will have turf before Sullivan.

Good for them I like seeing new schools being built. We have no chance of that happening in Carter County all we do is try and keep our heads above water.