Knocking the dust off this board

ReitzFan

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:51 PM, ReitzFan said:

I agree Ed. It is my opinion that Friendship Christian is the prohibitive favorite to win the class a title.

Friendship should be the favorite. Don't sell Stroup and the Ol' Ballcoach OC of his short though... two years for the mad scientist offensive genius and the guy who can sell ice to an Eskimo is enough time to tune up them sissy city boys into a football team. Just remember that Scotts Hill was a big (BIG) underdog to #1 ranked Adamsville a couple of years back... those kids boarded the bus that evening knowing in their hearts that they would come back to the 'Hill with a W. Funny what kids can do when they don't know that they cant do it.

12 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Friendship should be the favorite. Don't sell Stroup and the Ol' Ballcoach OC of his short though... two years for the mad scientist offensive genius and the guy who can sell ice to an Eskimo is enough time to tune up them sissy city boys into a football team. Just remember that Scotts Hill was a big (BIG) underdog to #1 ranked Adamsville a couple of years back... those kids boarded the bus that evening knowing in their hearts that they would come back to the 'Hill with a W. Funny what kids can do when they don't know that they cant do it.

Not selling those 2 short. Just seeing the talent they have I think They are 1 or 2 years away. Just my opinion. And you know that don’t mean much. 

5 hours ago, Titanmike said:

Friendship will be down this year compared to the last two.  In fact most of the normal top teams in this division are down.  This is a perfect year for one of the new schools like TCA, USJ or CA to take the gold.  I also see NCS being better as well. 

TCA will have a struggle just from a numbers case. We do have the fastest kid in the State. He has won to 100 meters the last two years. This year he had the fastest time in all divisions. He also added the 200 meters win this year. The trouble will be with low numbers and kids playing both ways. Also TCA is skill heavy and very few guys in the trenches. 

18 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

TCA will have a struggle just from a numbers case. We do have the fastest kid in the State. He has won to 100 meters the last two years. This year he had the fastest time in all divisions. He also added the 200 meters win this year. The trouble will be with low numbers and kids playing both ways. Also TCA is skill heavy and very few guys in the trenches. 

Most teams in this division field upper 30 to lower 40 players and most play both ways.  How does that compare to TCA?  Congrats on the kid winning the 100 and 200 meters.  Speed kills, so good news for TCA.

1 hour ago, Titanmike said:

Most teams in this division field upper 30 to lower 40 players and most play both ways.  How does that compare to TCA?  Congrats on the kid winning the 100 and 200 meters.  Speed kills, so good news for TCA.

20 to 25. We lost a huge senior class and kids are quitting.  

Edited by BigEdMo

I would think Lausanne is the favorite in AA with CPA losing 30 seniors +/- a few. Friendship should win in A, but this is a good year for a USJ or other West team to take a trophy home with some drop-off for a year or 2 from the FCS & DA. And BA is clear favorite I would think, but you cant count out Ensworth totally with their talent. And Baylor/McCallie will win some games they shouldn't as well as MUS and a couple other of the AAA West teams. 

On 7/5/2019 at 2:36 PM, Sackmaster50 said:

I would think Lausanne is the favorite in AA with CPA losing 30 seniors +/- a few. Friendship should win in A, but this is a good year for a USJ or other West team to take a trophy home with some drop-off for a year or 2 from the FCS & DA. And BA is clear favorite I would think, but you cant count out Ensworth totally with their talent. And Baylor/McCallie will win some games they shouldn't as well as MUS and a couple other of the AAA West teams. 

Unless Lausanne reloads they won’t win it this year. BGA would be my pick right now. 

3 hours ago, MrFootball1 said:

Unless Lausanne reloads they won’t win it this year. BGA would be my pick right now. 

BGA lost their coach that brought the highly recruited skill position players onto the team and they’re worse than last year in the trenches. At least this is what BGA parents are saying...

CPA has a very hard schedule that should have them battle ready for the playoffs. I wouldn’t count them out in the final D2 2A mix. They should have a good running game and the same staff that always produces a very good line and defense. Ingle will be mentoring the next QB in waiting... It should be a fun year. 

11 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

BGA lost their coach that brought the highly recruited skill position players onto the team and they’re worse than last year in the trenches. At least this is what BGA parents are saying...

CPA has a very hard schedule that should have them battle ready for the playoffs. I wouldn’t count them out in the final D2 2A mix. They should have a good running game and the same staff that always produces a very good line and defense. Ingle will be mentoring the next QB in waiting... It should be a fun year. 

BGA want be damage too much because of that coach loss...and yes they are kinda wouldnt ducks in the trenches..but they will have the best defensive core in the league....at least in the back...especially with that one comitted to play at NW ND's one and only Sam Stovall...they came and took our DC away from the Irish......Booger thinkin BGA has the upper hand on you presbyterians by a hair....yall are well coach tho

Booger just sayin:thumb:

Will be interesting to see how BGA looks style-wise with Coach Rodriguez at the helm.  He favors a run-heavy, very physical style on offense (or at least he did in his time at ECS).  I don't know anything about their new DC, but I'm guessing he will be like minded with Coach Rodriguez as far as fast and physical on defense.  I think BGA will be a very dangerous team all the way through the playoffs.