Reggie Grimes to Ravenwood

16 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Not so fast. Article says currently he is ineligible unless hardship approved or a change of address. Don't see where there would be a hardship so unless they move he is ineligible.

I’m not sure which article you’re referring to but the one in the link clearly says the is eligible because his dad has a job at the school.  I even read it again to be sure I didn’t miss that part.

7 hours ago, LoveForTheGame said:

Good for you, we pawned our best player off to Ravenwood. We don’t need backstabbers anyway. Statistically he didn’t nothing for us last year. Good luck with him and his controlling dad.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

3 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Good for you, we pawned our best player off to Ravenwood. We don’t need backstabbers anyway. Statistically he didn’t nothing for us last year. Good luck with him and his controlling dad.

Oh my.  Aren't those grapes really sour ..............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Wave88 the local paper put out one article early in the day about this. Later in the afternoon it was updated with the new information. Kreager put it out there. I'm sure it will all work out but I would just pump the breaks a bit. 

I just read the revised story from Tom.  You are correct.  I didn’t see that one yesterday.  As a person who’s job takes me all over the mid-state, I can tell you there is a big difference in housing costs in the Mt. Juliet area and the Ravenwood area.  I’m not saying they couldn’t move just that it would cost considerably more.  I’m guessing the hardship application is the most logical attempt but I myself wouldn’t put my trust for an exemption in the hands of the TSSAA.  I’m thinking this example will have long term ramifications on parents getting jobs at new schools and transferring kids to said schools.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wave88 said:

I just read the revised story from Tom.  You are correct.  I didn’t see that one yesterday.  As a person who’s job takes me all over the mid-state, I can tell you there is a big difference in housing costs in the Mt. Juliet area and the Ravenwood area.  I’m not saying they couldn’t move just that it would cost considerably more.  I’m guessing the hardship application is the most logical attempt but I myself wouldn’t put my trust for an exemption in the hands of the TSSAA.  I’m thinking this example will have long term ramifications on parents getting jobs at new schools and transferring kids to said schools.  

I really don't have a problem with a student transferring to a school where a parent is going to be working. That simplifies a lot for families. 

The issue is that the Dad, while an employee at Mt. Juliet, was not a certified teacher.  But he has gotten his certification and has an offer letter for a certified teaching position in the fall at Ravenwood.  Had he been a certified teacher at Mt. Juliet, the kids would be rulebook eligible. 

I believe that the TSSAA will do the right thing and grant eligibility.  They say they are there for the kids.  That would be the right thing to do for the kids.  

35 minutes ago, TeeterTot said:

If there was open zoning like Maryville and Alcoa, this would not be an issue.

6 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Williamson County and Wilson County are both open zoning in the eyes of the TSSAA so i don't see your point

Swipes is correct. I believe they currently live in Davidson County. So he "open zoned" his way to MJ. I bet he didn't even have to pay tuition like Maryville and Alcoa kids do.