Reggie Grimes to Ravenwood

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Man was the Janitor and sort of actually lived in Blackman.  Some folks in Rutherford County played fast and loose with rules in those days.

Child was an all state player in Class 5A when that was the top class in football.  Child PLAYED for Riverdale!

Thank you for explaining. So the dad was a live-in janitor and his address was Blackman High. But the son played for Riverdale? I just do not see how that was allowed.

From the joke above I guess the kids name was Locke. Was that the kid who briefly played at Alabama? 

I live in Hartsville and we have had a few players from other areas play in our zone but nothing like this!

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

40 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Thank you for explaining. So the dad was a live-in janitor and his address was Blackman High. But the son played for Riverdale? I just do not see how that was allowed.

From the joke above I guess the kids name was Locke. Was that the kid who briefly played at Alabama? 

I live in Hartsville and we have had a few players from other areas play in our zone but nothing like this!

Hmmm... kids from out of zone (assuming you are referring to out of county) playing for Trousdale. Especially interesting since Trousdale is not open zone. 

19 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Like I said the kid was REAL good, and YES some of us are Bama fans.  Especially since the Bear tried to get me to go there back a million years ago.

Dad was NOT supposed to be 'live in'.  That was over looked in hopes his son would play at Blackman.  Living arrangements were made for Mom and son to live in an apartment on Warrior Drive that belonged to a big alum booster/realtor.

Then there was the player that was originally zoned for Cookeville that found his way to the Boro.

Like I keep saying, recruiting DOES go on in Tennessee both in the Privates and the Publics!

• Like 1

Recruiting has been going on forever. All kind of reasons and differences in how a player goes from one school to another. The Grimes recruiting process has always been about Dad and employment since his one year at Antioch with Calvin Hall. Dad bartered his son for a job at MJ. And now used his son to get a better job( teacher and DC ) at Ravenwood. Dad just did not follow or even know rules regarding transfers.  

Edited by fb247

8 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Recruiting has been going on forever. All kind of reasons and differences in how a player goes from one school to another. The Grimes recruiting process has always been about Dad and employment since his one year at Antioch with Calvin Hall. Dad bartered his son for a job at MJ. And now used his son to get a better job( teacher and DC ) at Ravenwood. Dad just did not follow or even know rules regarding transfers.  

I am hearing trouble

Ladies and Gents I am telling you the longer this stuff goes on the more likely the kid will end up at a boarding school like IMG.  Remember IMG does not have to follow ANY financial aid rules and can basically do as they wish with regards to providing financial assistance.  The financial assistance rules for IMG are not even close to being strict like they are for the private schools in Tennessee.  

• Like 1