Preseason Top Ten!

Now that our spring show is over, we've released our preseason Top Ten.   I'll be anxious to see how it matches up other media outlets when they are released.    We do reserve the right to modify this depending on how teams come out of the off season.   I guess we should of called this our "Spring Top Ten" instead..:-D

Friday Main Event Spring Top Ten!

Edited by FridayMainEvent
  • Like 2

Preps now has Wartburg at 12 and that's mind boggling. Last I looked they were 33rd

https://www.unapproved website.com/m/team/team_preview.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=87362cc1-2efd-4b27-907f-3e6b77ca3541

Also South Greene was 15th and moved up to 8th. 

https://www.unapproved website.com/m/team/team_preview.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=193da3e8-4a11-4752-86ac-bd691a025bfb

I know none of it matters but I'd love to know how they get what they are getting.

15 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Preps now has Wartburg at 12 and that's mind boggling. Last I looked they were 33rd

https://www.unapproved website.com/m/team/team_preview.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=87362cc1-2efd-4b27-907f-3e6b77ca3541

Also South Greene was 15th and moved up to 8th. 

https://www.unapproved website.com/m/team/team_preview.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=193da3e8-4a11-4752-86ac-bd691a025bfb

I know none of it matters but I'd love to know how they get what they are getting.

The Champ rarely comes from anyone below the Top 5 so anything after that is anyone's best guess anyway.

1 minute ago, FridayMainEvent said:

The Champ rarely comes from anyone below the Top 5 so anything after that is anyone's best guess anyway.

Yeah I agree. I normally enjoy looking at preps rankings and sonny Moore's throughout the year for fun, but may just be wasting my time. Last year I thought Sonny Moores was by far the best all around poll to count on. If you subtracted the pr or sos from the team you were about to play it was pretty accurate on how close the game was supposed to be I dont recall which one. The home team gets +2 added to their points before subtraction. It proved accurate most of the year until Trousdale and Tyner played.  Anyhow I enjoy looking at those throughout the year along with Murphy's Fair website to compare in case someone hasn't heard of them and are interested.

The USA today score predictor is amazingly accurate also.   What's so cool about it is you can get the computer to predict how teams from different seasons would have done against each other.   Like the 2007 South Pitt Pirates against the 2018 Oakland Patriots...lol    Or how the 2019 Peabody team would do against the 2018 Peabody squad.

2 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

The USA today score predictor is amazingly accurate also.   What's so cool about it is you can get the computer to predict how teams from different seasons would have done against each other.   Like the 2007 South Pitt Pirates against the 2018 Oakland Patriots...lol    Or how the 2019 Peabody team would do against the 2018 Peabody squad.

I haven't seen that one I'll check it out. Do you have a link?