Preseason Top Ten!

13 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I think you aren't getting recognition due to the fact of losing Stanfield and Dickson. Probably top 5 at their positions in 2A hard to replace those type of players with equivalent caliber athletes year in and year out. Couple games in and someome steps up in their place dominantly and you'll get your recognition I'm sure.

I tried to explain that to him on facebook.   Also the fact that there is a new staff.   Not that the new Coach isn't as good. (He did win a State title last year).  You just don't know how a ton of new starters along with a new staff and probably new offensive and defensive scheme are going to react season one.   I had Waverly at number one a couple of years ago, but now I'm the worse guy in the world for not showing any love this preseason....  Wavo is a good dude, he's just passionate about his team like most are.

12 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I can’t get it to pick a school. This is really neat if I can get it to work

In the past, you'd type the name in the search bar and then you had to select them from the drop down menu.   I was having issues getting it to search yesterday also.   I thought it was because I was on a work computer.    If you can click the team from a drop down menu, it should work.

Hard to gauge a couple of the West Tenn teams.Freedom Prep supposedely has lost Morris and Carter ,supposedely to Central but have been ruled ineligible,last I heard.May depend if they actually enrolled at Central as to if they can still play at Prep.Lake Co has a lot of talent  but losing stud Frankie Mays to Dyer Co.But have 2 new players move in.One a starting lineman from Covington and another a starter from Dresden.Plus they get back another starter and one of the best defensive players that sat out last year.So gaining 3 starters on the defensive side of the ball.

Edited by mrbigster

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I tried to explain that to him on facebook.   Also the fact that there is a new staff.   Not that the new Coach isn't as good. (He did win a State title last year).  You just don't know how a ton of new starters along with a new staff and probably new offensive and defensive scheme are going to react season one.   I had Waverly at number one a couple of years ago, but now I'm the worse guy in the world for not showing any love this preseason....  Wavo is a good dude, he's just passionate about his team like most are.

Truth is they "could" come out and be the best team out there. I highly doubt they will because of the same circumstances that you have stated. Also recognition is recognition. It doesn't make your team better or worse.  It just matters how others will look at your team and value their skill. Which is meaningless in the eyes in the world of football that has regions that determine your seed and last but not least a playoff system. I highly doubt my own team will be a preseason top 4 in 2020. We could very well be a great team, but knowing we will graduate alot of skill players that year will degrade our ranking which again is meaningless in the actual caliber of the team younwill field and how good they actually are. It is fact just a number.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Truth is they "could" come out and be the best team out there. I highly doubt they will because of the same circumstances that you have stated. Also recognition is recognition. It doesn't make your team better or worse.  It just matters how others will look at your team and value their skill. Which is meaningless in the eyes in the world of football that has regions that determine your seed and last but not least a playoff system. I highly doubt my own team will be a preseason top 4 in 2020. We could very well be a great team, but knowing we will graduate alot of skill players that year will degrade our ranking which again is meaningless in the actual caliber of the team younwill field and how good they actually are. It is fact just a number.

Being totally transparent here.   I did mean to have them listed as an HM.   I felt they were in that group of 6 teams that you could argue may belong in the lower part of the top ten.   I couldn't go back and change it after the fact because it would de-value the poll as a whole.   You're always going to overlook a team or two when determining these polls.  As a whole, I stand behind it.   Does that mean all of those teams will be around in the 1st week of the playoffs??  Who knows at this point.

8 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

In the past, you'd type the name in the search bar and then you had to select them from the drop down menu.   I was having issues getting it to search yesterday also.   I thought it was because I was on a work computer.    If you can click the team from a drop down menu, it should work.

That select a matchup has been broken for a couple years now.  I couldn't get the drop down menu to work at all last year.  I use to have the site bookmarked but gave up on it.

8 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Hard to gauge a couple of the West Tenn teams.Freedom Prep supposedely has lost Morris and Carter ,supposedely to Central but have been ruled ineligible,last I heard.May depend if they actually enrolled at Central as to if they can still play at Prep.Lake Co has a lot of talent  but losing stud Frankie Mays to Dyer Co.But have 2 new players move in.One a starting lineman from Covington and another a starter from Dresden.Plus they get back another starter and one of the best defensive players that sat out last year.So gaining 3 starters on the defensive side of the ball.

Lake County didn't lose a stud player. They lost a player with alot of potential. They gained three more that will be far more valuable than the lose.

• Like 1