Preseason Top Ten!

1 hour ago, shockernation said:

Lake County’s new kids could start on anyone’s line in the state in single A and possibly AA...all 3! Bold statement I know but perhaps the deepest LC team since the 80’s! Weak spot from last year was the line and wow that should be one very potent productive bunch! I think the state will see after aug 2nd...LC/Trousdale scrimmage no smack intended! I usually won’t post until August but these are the years that small communities strive for and I’m gonna enjoy it!!!

You are right about everything you said. LC returns more starters than any team in the top 5. Added 3 real players. Everyone is picking Huntingdon from the west but I think everyone is in for a rude awakening. LC schedule is top notch and will have them ready for a game like Huntingdon. The Mustangs have got to prove they can get there first. The last two years they have been the favorite and come up short. We shall see if both teams have what it takes to represent the west.

Edited by lakecounty1968

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Yes I heard you talk about maybe being a part of the Riverdale games.  

It was easier for me to tune in to yall every week when you did the Thursday show.   But I also know you and Lee enjoyed the live on location each Friday.  

It's really a difficult choice.    

On one hand you have the live and on location show from a different venue each week.   On the other hand how much of an audience will be able to tune in those 2 precious hours before game time.

If I didn't make it out to a game every week then Friday would be perfect.   

It comes down to what you and Lee feel is best and also how you feel you can best build an audience.   

It's almost as if you've been in our discussions.   We feel the exact same way.   Love the interaction with other football fans, but realize Thursday provides an easier audience to maintain.

16 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

You are right about everything you said. LC returns more starters than any team in the top 5. Added 3 real players. Everyone is picking Huntingdon from the west but I think everyone is in for a rude awakening. LC schedule is top notch and will have them ready for a game like Huntingdon. The Mustangs have got to prove they can get there first. The last two years they have been the favorite and come up short. We shall see if both teams have what it takes to represent the west.

I honestly keep looking for a weak spot? Line, backers, secondary...A+

New QB in lil Puckett...Snyder to FB/E

Tons of experience...getting Abbott back on the line after a year away (kid can be all state)

Adding a few kids built like bobtrucks never hurts!

Defensively...hard to score period 

Offensively...hard to stop

In my 41 years potentially best LC team I’ve ever seen:)

On another note 68 thanks for baseball season...my 3 enjoyed it and thank you 

Edited by shockernation

Just now, shockernation said:

I honestly keep looking for a weak spot? Line, backers, secondary...A+

New QB in lil Puckett...Snyder to FB/E

Tons of experience...getting Abbott back on the line after a year away (kid can be all state)

Adding a few kids built like bobtrucks never hurts!

Defensively...hard to score period 

Offensively...hard to stop

In my 41 years potentially best LC team I’ve ever seen:)

1984 best ever hands down. It took the best team money can buy to stop that team. Memphis ECS. Final score 7 to 2. Flags on the Falcons on night when we got inside there 20. I think Gordonsville won it all that year but they wasn't the best team.

18 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

1984 best ever hands down. It took the best team money can buy to stop that team. Memphis ECS. Final score 7 to 2. Flags on the Falcons on night when we got inside there 20. I think Gordonsville won it all that year but they wasn't the best team.

I was just a yoot...was that in the rain? Or am I confusing another ECS game at LC

Just now, shockernation said:

I was just a yoot...was that in the rain? Or am I confusing another ECS game at LC

No rain. That's the night their million dollar scoreboard quit working. We had the ball at their 35 with 2 minutes and the clock stopped working. LC had 2 timeouts and run only two more plays the rest of game. We ended the game on their 7 yard line. Oh, just to stir the pot. Greenback doesn't win the 87 title if the Falcons don't get kicked out of the playoffs for supposedly using an illegal player. Birth certificate said kid was right age but family bible said he was born a year earlier. TSSAA went by family bible. Imagine that. Not making this stuff up. 

7 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No rain. That's the night their million dollar scoreboard quit working. We had the ball at their 35 with 2 minutes and the clock stopped working. LC had 2 timeouts and run only two more plays the rest of game. We ended the game on their 7 yard line. Oh, just to stir the pot. Greenback doesn't win the 87 title if the Falcons don't get kicked out of the playoffs for supposedly using an illegal player. Birth certificate said kid was right age but family bible said he was born a year earlier. TSSAA went by family bible. Imagine that. Not making this stuff up. 

Waiting for it OnB!........

:popcorneater:

7 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

At ECS...ok! South Pitt doesn’t win in 94 if Johnson and Higgins didn’t go out on plays 1 & 3...ok the pot is officially stirred now!

5 minutes ago, shockernation said:

At ECS...ok! South Pitt doesn’t win in 94 if Johnson and Higgins didn’t go out on plays 1 & 3...ok the pot is officially stirred now!

Greenback beat Richland 32 to 0 in 87. Richland was horrible. No way to ever know but LC was the best team in 87 despite who took trophy home. As for 94 if those two don't go out in the first 3 plays we may still be playing. No doubt those two injuries hurt us that day. Flowers almost willed us to win without those 2. So. Pitt made a great goal line stand to hang on for the win.

17 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Pfft. 

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

It's almost as if you've been in our discussions.   We feel the exact same way.   Love the interaction with other football fans, but realize Thursday provides an easier audience to maintain.

Thursday August 22nd you could be live and still have a big audience lol Peabody vs Milan at Peabody. It will be a great game.

• Upvote 2