Preseason Top Ten!

4 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Do not put the Ambassador curse on us! South Pitt is and will remain the favorite to win in 1A this year. We are hoping to make a decent run in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Gbnation said:

+1

I want you boys to look at SP and tell me they seriously have better players than Greenback. Come on man... SP will have a good team this year. People seem to be excited, however... all of the studs Greenback has collected have changed the dynamics of 1A for 2019. It’s that simple guys.. no Lou Holtzing here. SP will be a good team, but they WILL NOT have the size and speed of Greenback. Does that mean Greenback wins easily? No, I don’t think that will be the case. You will see though. I remember in 2016 looking at the Greenback kids compared to SP kids and thinking.. This could get ugly. Facts are facts and Greenback having D1 players isn’t something that’s seen very often in 1A. 

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:51 AM, Gbnation said:

The Dresden team that beat GB a few years ago would have mopped the floor with the teams that has made it and won it the last few years. A healthy GB team last year would have beat cornersville. we lost two of our best players last year one before season and one in the playoffs. If you go back and watch our games you would see that those two made a lot of our big plays and scored most of our points unless we were playing weak opponents. 

I agree with that. That Dresden team would mercy rule any of the champions from the best 2 years, not even close

I know most aren't giving Cornersville a chance to turn out a 3rd season like they have had the past 2 seasons but in your honest opinion, what do you feel Cornersville will do this year?  Win their district, make playoffs, go to certain round of playoffs, etc.  I feel like they can still be a force to be reckoned with but losing a lot of good players does hurt.  I'm glad to see this team do the things they have done in the past few years.  Based on what they have done the past few years, I feel that this team can be a team that consistently makes the playoffs on a yearly basis. 

1 hour ago, rnorris92 said:

I know most aren't giving Cornersville a chance to turn out a 3rd season like they have had the past 2 seasons but in your honest opinion, what do you feel Cornersville will do this year?  Win their district, make playoffs, go to certain round of playoffs, etc.  I feel like they can still be a force to be reckoned with but losing a lot of good players does hurt.  I'm glad to see this team do the things they have done in the past few years.  Based on what they have done the past few years, I feel that this team can be a team that consistently makes the playoffs on a yearly basis. 

I still think y'all will be a tough out!

It kind of got shuffled up in the mix, but here's a link to the top ten for anyone new to the thread.   Been a lot of opinions, but the most popular are Fairley should not be there.   Waverly and Cornersville should be there and according to Bass, Greenback is clearly the number one team and I'm an idiot for not knowing that.....:blush::grin:

FME TOP TEN

1 minute ago, FridayMainEvent said:

It kind of got shuffled up in the mix, but here's a link to the top ten for anyone new to the thread.   Been a lot of opinions, but the most popular are Fairley should not be there.   Waverly and Cornersville should be there and according to Bass, Greenback is clearly the number one team and I'm an idiot for not knowing that.....:blush::grin:

FME TOP TEN

Bass would have put someone above South Pitt no matter the circumstances.  He's got a solid front runner for sure. 

2 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

Cornersville will have a good team, but not a state title contender. I think they are 2 years away they have a special group of freshman and 8th graders.

5 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I keep hearing so much moaning about transfers populating the Greenback roster this upcoming season.   How many are we talking about (that were on a different team last year) will be playing for the Cherokees this season?  What team did the new kids come from?   I've heard WB and Maryville.   Is that it?

1 from Tellico,2 from WB and now 1 from Maryville.Not bad considering Maryville just got three this week.LOL.Whats wierd is they didnt complain when the best player in 1A football (Gilbert) left us to move to Virginia last year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

FME TOP TEN

We have regular season games with teams in the preseason #2 from 2a, #10 from 3a and another with an honorable mention in 3a.  We could go into the playoffs at 7 - 3 and have to make to the semis to play at Orangeback.  I think we should be at about #4 on the preseason poll behind GB, LC, and Huntingdone.