Preseason Top Ten!

19 minutes ago, shockernation said:

People from the east fear huntingdon...keep drinking that kool-aid! Biggy the key word is POTENTIAL...kids seem to be working hard though 

Not sure if you’re joking or not but I’ll say on behalf of “the east”, we don’t fear Huntingdon. Unless they’ve become the 2015 NCS team then maybe. 

The top 4 in 1A are as even as it has been in a long time. Any of the four can win it all. There will not be a blowout in the semifinals or finals. Nobody outside of those 4 will play for a state title. Cornersville and Wayne County may be dark horses but will not have enough to beat the top 4. Forgot maybe Coalfield in the dark horse race. You could put any of the 4 at number 1 and nobody could really have an arguement.

20 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Oh Greenback isn't the only team with supposed D1 talent. Just can't go on that alone. Freedom Prep has plenty of high major d1 talent and look what that has got them. LC, Huntingdon and I'm sure So. Pitt has at least low d1 talent. Several 1A schools have d1 talent but can't seem to win. It will be an interesting year.

We havent laid claim to nothing,Bass blowing smoke up or buffaloe briefs!

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Oh Greenback isn't the only team with supposed D1 talent. Just can't go on that alone. Freedom Prep has plenty of high major d1 talent and look what that has got them. LC, Huntingdon and I'm sure So. Pitt has at least low d1 talent. Several 1A schools have d1 talent but can't seem to win. It will be an interesting year.

This is a great point about Freedom Prep. Big time D1 talent the last couple of years and couldn’t sniff a gold ball. Wonder what Bass would say about that??

4 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

There’s a difference between D1 talent and Power 5 talent. Greenback has 3 players with Power 5 talent. But everyone knows that no matter how good you are, you still have to strap that helmet up like everyone else. Being a Greenback former player/ fan, I know what success feels like fortunately. The one thing a team must have to win is line play. The past 4 years it has came down to who has the better line play. If you don’t have that, then you can kiss it all goodbye.

Last post for the night but as of right now my top 4 are in this order.

1. Huntingdon

2. Greenback

3. South Pitt

4. Lake County

I have Huntingdon at the top because of the returning QB and just from knowledge of how the team was last year. I know what GB has and know how good they could possibly be. South Pitt had a couple key players graduate but have a lot of starters returning. They always will be in the running with Grider at the helm. The reason I have Lake County at the 4 spot is because of one main reason. I don’t recall LC being a passing team and you lost one of the best players to graduation. I know they have other players in Puckett and Snyder and a few others but they still haven’t proven (to me) that they should be at the top yet. The transfers could help change that. 

Well LC is very strong in the trenches and Freedom Prep has more than 3 power 5 d1 talent. I hardly doubt Greenback has that many kids with power 5 offers on the table. Could be but it's doubtful. If they do I tip my hat to them but that doesn't make them unbeatable. See Whitwell last year. Like I said it's a four team race with any of the four being able to win it. There is a big difference in getting letters from schools or even a look from a school but I will be surprised it 3 kids from Greenback sign high major scholarships. If they do great for them.