Preseason Top Ten!

3 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Well LC is very strong in the trenches and Freedom Prep has more than 3 power 5 d1 talent. I hardly doubt Greenback has that many kids with power 5 offers on the table. Could be but it's doubtful. If they do I tip my hat to them but that doesn't make them unbeatable. See Whitwell last year. Like I said it's a four team race with any of the four being able to win it. There is a big difference in getting letters from schools or even a look from a school but I will be surprised it 3 kids from Greenback sign high major scholarships. If they do great for them.

I know for sure that two of them has top offers but regardless the offers they have to play the game and as everyone knows an injury could change everything for a 1a school. 

3 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Last post for the night but as of right now my top 4 are in this order.

1. Huntingdon

2. Greenback

3. South Pitt

4. Lake County

I have Huntingdon at the top because of the returning QB and just from knowledge of how the team was last year. I know what GB has and know how good they could possibly be. South Pitt had a couple key players graduate but have a lot of starters returning. They always will be in the running with Grider at the helm. The reason I have Lake County at the 4 spot is because of one main reason. I don’t recall LC being a passing team and you lost one of the best players to graduation. I know they have other players in Puckett and Snyder and a few others but they still haven’t proven (to me) that they should be at the top yet. The transfers could help change that. 

LC returns more starters than anyonein 1a. Huntingdon QB is a great player but not great passer. Greenback lost alot but supposedly replaced most of their main starters with transfers. Not home grown talent but if you got to win that way then by all means. So. Pitt is So.Pitt there always in the running. Most small schools might get 2 or 3 transfers in a five year period. Somehow Greenback can replace a whole team. We shall see. I guarantee you that Greenback will not blow out any of the top 4. Not trying to degrade Greenback but how they do things is kind of like a private school handles there business. Long season ahead we will see how it plays out. Good luck.

4 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

LC returns more starters than anyonein 1a. Huntingdon QB is a great player but not great passer. Greenback lost alot but supposedly replaced most of their main starters with transfers. Not home grown talent but if you got to win that way then by all means. So. Pitt is So.Pitt there always in the running. Most small schools might get 2 or 3 transfers in a five year period. Somehow Greenback can replace a whole team. We shall see. I guarantee you that Greenback will not blow out any of the top 4. Not trying to degrade Greenback but how they do things is kind of like a private school handles there business. Long season ahead we will see how it plays out. Good luck.

If we both make it to the game in December, you’ll see for yourself. Good luck to you all. 

10 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

The top 4 in 1A are as even as it has been in a long time. Any of the four can win it all. There will not be a blowout in the semifinals or finals. Nobody outside of those 4 will play for a state title. Cornersville and Wayne County may be dark horses but will not have enough to beat the top 4. Forgot maybe Coalfield in the dark horse race. You could put any of the 4 at number 1 and nobody could really have an arguement.

You talked about dark horse, what about 2 years ago when Cornersville ran the table and no one seen it coming?  Remember that year, they got to host each round up until the state finals and it will be that way again this year.  So if Cornersville can win their district, they get to play at home until then.  Plus they will have the fans there to support them as well.  Home playoff games = large home crowds. 

5 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Not trying to degrade Greenback.......If they have to win that way well then by all means....How they do things is like a private school.

Well since you know how WE DO THINGS inform us??Private schools offer assistance even scholarships.If im not mistaken if you are 25 miles away you can play the same year.

To go GB the familys actually have to do a Bona-fide change of address and dont get any assistance in doing so.We are a public school so if these folks do that then we have to allow them in cant deny.Your reference is that we are running a shady system over here.I assure you these folks come on their own.What in the world would or could we offer to get a starting QB from the best high school football team in Tn for the past 2 decades and that returns arguably the best team in 2019???

GB has always been in the equation by have a very good football tradition it didnt start the past 4 years.The building of the new school,and a coaching staff that are former players and give their all for these kids changed everything for us and if it would have been built 10 years ago GB would have made more Championship appearances.We lost alot of families because of a dilapidated school.I was not a big transfer student fan but if it is done the right way it is what it is!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Oh Greenback isn't the only team with supposed D1 talent. Just can't go on that alone. Freedom Prep has plenty of high major d1 talent and look what that has got them. LC, Huntingdon and I'm sure So. Pitt has at least low d1 talent. Several 1A schools have d1 talent but can't seem to win. It will be an interesting year.

Kids are getting attention and rightfully so,Willis is arguably one of the best WRs in Tn,Bailey has alot of potential with his size but wasnt and isnt the best lineman for GB in my opinion.Plemons was the best lineman last year and i personally think the Freshman will be this year.I dont know much about the new kids but i know they work hard and are good teammates and are very good athletes from what i hear.

We keep trying to tell folks we have no clue how we are going to play nor do we know how good we will be!!LC,SP,HHS ALL bring back more kids and are the frontrunners for now as it should be,you all have earned that.We are going to play ball and see where we end up.

Word of advice to you LC and HHS fans--Win and advance then do your talking,Cornersville OWNS YOU!you aint done NOTHING yet!:thumb:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Kids are getting attention and rightfully so,Willis is arguably one of the best WRs in Tn,Bailey has alot of potential with his size but wasnt and isnt the best lineman for GB in my opinion.Plemons was the best lineman last year and i personally think the Freshman will be this year.I dont know much about the new kids but i know they work hard and are good teammates and are very good athletes from what i hear.

We keep trying to tell folks we have no clue how we are going to play nor do we know how good we will be!!LC,SP,HHS ALL bring back more kids and are the frontrunners for now as it should be,you all have earned that.We are going to play ball and see where we end up.

Word of advice to you LC and HHS fans--Win and advance then do your talking,Cornersville OWNS YOU!you aint done NOTHING yet!:thumb:

:popcorneater:

Edited by Gbnation

LC has 2 very good and fast recivers from last year.Tight end,Id match up with anyone in the State in the older Puckett.Snyder can throw the ball.Can put it in the air at least 60 yards.Just didn't have to with all state running back and Snyder himself running over people.With the running back gone,think LC will open it up more,running and passing.I think in one game Snyder had a couple touchdowns with passes close to 60 yards in the air,one on a diving catch .Think he went about 11 for 13 or something like that.And he may not even be the qb from what I'm reading.Think he was about 225 last year.I looked at a roster that had him at 240.Just let him run over people.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Your right.But new year .Last 2 years are gone.

13 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Oh Greenback isn't the only team with supposed D1 talent. Just can't go on that alone. Freedom Prep has plenty of high major d1 talent and look what that has got them. LC, Huntingdon and I'm sure So. Pitt has at least low d1 talent. Several 1A schools have d1 talent but can't seem to win. It will be an interesting year.

I don’t think SP has the first kid with any D1 offers. I think they have a few small college kids though. 

12 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We havent laid claim to nothing,Bass blowing smoke up or buffaloe briefs!

Me? You’ve got multiple kids with multiple D1 offers. Greenback University has unrivaled college prospects this season. You and others have said it yourself on here about all the D1 offers. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

I don’t think SP has the first kid with any D1 offers. I think they have a few small college kids though. 

Me? You’ve got multiple kids with multiple D1 offers. Greenback University has unrivaled college prospects this season. You and others have said it yourself on here about all the D1 offers. 

Proud of the kids but offers dont win Gold balls!