Preseason Top Ten!

13 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

2014 UC was better 

2014 UC beat Peabody which were the 2A state champs that year 42 to 14 and they took it easy on us in the second half. Had over 300 rushing yards. Just glad the z plan was there. Peabody won 2A easily too. 34 to 7 second half was just coasting.

22 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

2014 uc team beat ncs but the 2015 ncs team was better than the 2014 ncs team. There were several uc fans who were upset they thought they had a better chance at beating ncs in 2015 

I don't see how anybody could see it any different.That coalfield team that played Union City was just an average football team so was greenback that year.We split with CoalField that year they beat us with 15 seconds left in the playoffs. And we were the best of East had that year and we both were not great by no means,coalfield gave it to UC for the first half and actually should have took the lead going into halftime if the player wouldn't have dropped the ball in the end zone.NCS toyed with GB and the 15 GB team was MUCH better than the 14 CF team.

36 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I don't see how anybody could see it any different.That coalfield team that played Union City was just an average football team so was greenback that year.We split with CoalField that year they beat us with 15 seconds left in the playoffs. And we were the best of East had that year and we both were not great by no means,coalfield gave it to UC for the first half and actually should have took the lead going into halftime if the player wouldn't have dropped the ball in the end zone.NCS toyed with GB and the 15 GB team was MUCH better than the 14 CF team.

I’m pretty sure Malone pulled a rabbit out of a hat to beat union city in the third round in 2015.  That’s what made him so great he made game winning plays in clutch moments. Union City was sour. Trenton went in to the ncs game in the semis a little over confident I believe. I don’t think union city would have beat the 2015 ncs team to many recruits 

On 6/16/2019 at 2:55 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It don’t matter how many transfers they get. Unless it is major D1 talent they won’t be able to compete with you guys. Just ask Bass!! Lol!!

No sir, they shouldn’t be able to compete with Greenback U. Only one team in the east has a chance to compete with what they have assembled. 

18 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Greenback is slowly putting a NCAA division I roster together during the off-season, maybe they should do us all a favor and play up during the next reclassification and then South Pitt can start representing the east again and we can maybe finish higher than 2nd in the region. 

I hope SP gets to go back to Cookeville at some point, but like you said. Greenback is assembling lots of prospects. That’s hard to beat it’s just that simple. I was thinking back. We’ve only had ONE player in program history with an SEC offer. The closest thing I can think of to compare the Greenback talent to is our 2007 team. The big differences?  We had one kid with a UTC offer and one with Tennessee Tech. Nothing like these Power 5 schools that are offering those Cherokee kids. It’s an impressive collection of talent that has been assembled in such a small town. There is no doubt about it. 

Eddie Moore was great one if that's who your talking about with the SEC offer.  We played ya tough for a half that year when he was a senior then we got embarrassed in the second half.  We had a 235 lb tailback that year and I remember Eddie knocking him 5 yards backwards in a head on collision.  He was a beast who went on to have a great career.

On 6/15/2019 at 10:32 PM, TheAmbassador said:

I would have totally agreed with you at the end of last season. However, they have reloaded in a big way. They have gotten 3-4 impact transfers that will take the place of the ones they lost. Trust me.. they will be a FORCE. Again, I think SP is the only team in the east with a chance against them. I also think your Falcons and Huntingdon will both be really good. 

Yep. These transfers year in and year out is questionable.