Preseason Top Ten!

11 hours ago, Swipes said:

Do i need to bring some cheese to this thread with how much wining is going on?

Its like Kevin Costner said in Field of Dreams "You Build it they will Come"

Since 1985 Greenback has made the play-offs 27 times out of 33 years, Have a new school, Been to the Championship game 3 times in the last 4 years and sit right in the middle of  two 3a schools (Alcoa and Loudon), a 5a School in Lenoir City, and two 6a Schools in Williams Blount and Maryville.  With that many big schools right next to you you're going to get transfers with the success they have had and if a player or a parent feels like thats a good option for their kid they are going to make a change of address and not effect their job at all. (Maybe a few more minutes to their commute).  Not to mention Greenback is a beautiful area with farm land and lakes all around you.

Just curious how many students are enrolled at Greenback.About 3 years ago it was about 240 but with a new school,and the bigger schools so close nearby has it affected their numbers very much

8 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

If these so called “recruits” weren’t going to be key contributors, nobody would have a word to say. We do it by the book and believe me with the principal we right now, he will make sure it’s done properly. And we honestly couldn’t care less if CoachT posters root for Greenback or not. We have one of the best small town football atmospheres, a great (new) school, a WINNING tradition, and THE BEST community. No we aren’t a private school, we are public. If people want to come here we aren’t gonna turn them away. If that’s called recruiting then everyone does it. Stop whining, enjoy the pre-season, and relax. Stars, talent, offers, and all this other stuff means nothing when that ball is kicked off. It’s a one-on-one game that anyone can win on any given night.

Basically its if little Johnny isn't good enough to start at Maryville and the other schools,parents move to do what they can so little Johnny can play full time.Not share a position.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Just curious how many students are enrolled at Greenback.About 3 years ago it was about 240 but with a new school,and the bigger schools so close nearby has it affected their numbers very much

Nope. Just graduated the largest class ever. So the numbers actually went down from that. Picking up three kids ain't going to make that much of a difference.lol

13 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

234 a year after the new school,the old school we were around the 200 to 215 number.New school opened in 14.

Edited by orngnblk

6 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

My understanding is the kid was starting for Maryville.   I'm sure someone can confirm or deny that.

He started last year in a two QB system.1500 yrds 72% and 11 TDs,The other QB had 1100 and 12 TDs pretty close comparison.Both are fine QBs for sure.Chambers is a little bigger kid and has some small D-1s after him. Any question other than that I won't even try to answer Maryville is one of the most successful programs in Tennessee History. It speaks for itself!

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Nope. Just graduated the largest class ever. So the numbers actually went down from that. Picking up three kids ain't going to make that much of a difference.lol

Yes, those 3 you have added will make a difference. Come on now... Those 3 added to your 2- D1 recruits in the senior class, plus another future SEC recruit in Bubba. 2019 Greenback on paper could be the best team in school history. Let’s not forget how you just graduated the best class in school history as well. That’s what is so impressive to me. I don’t like it, but I respect it. 

56 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Basically its if little Johnny isn't good enough to start at Maryville and the other schools,parents move to do what they can so little Johnny can play full time.Not share a position.

Pay attention BIG.  Pretty sure all these guys were starters at previous schools, some on both sides of the ball at  5A and 6A schools getting all the playing time they wanted.  One is and All State LB.

16 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

Pay attention BIG.  Pretty sure all these guys were starters at previous schools, some on both sides of the ball at  5A and 6A schools getting all the playing time they wanted.  One is and All State LB.

A lot of other schools get a few transfers but it comes down to the quality of athletes they get and Greenback has been getting some good ones.  There is a lot of good schools around Greenback.

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

A lot of other schools get a few transfers but it comes down to the quality of athletes they get and Greenback has been getting some good ones.  There is a lot of good schools around Greenback.

Also the fact that lose a QB get two or 3 to transfer in. Losr your best RB  last year get one to transfer in. Lose a 6-5 transfer lineman from maryville...a 6-4 280 pound eight grader who can play shows up. Lose two receivers a 6-3 receiver transfers in......I could name a few more. Ita great for you guys, but u unusual  to replace what you lose. Sure we all get a transfer but not what greenback is doing. You guys fill needs. You all should mercy rule all of class A this year.

9 minutes ago, TTUBOBCAT said:

Also the fact that lose a QB get two or 3 to transfer in. Losr your best RB  last year get one to transfer in. Lose a 6-5 transfer lineman from maryville...a 6-4 280 pound eight grader who can play shows up. Lose two receivers a 6-3 receiver transfers in......I could name a few more. Ita great for you guys, but u unusual  to replace what you lose. Sure we all get a transfer but not what greenback is doing. You guys fill needs. You all should mercy rule all of class A this year.

No Running back has came in.We will have to coach one up.2 QBs yes one played Slot and is a very good rec and also a good DB.Eighth grader is as good a young lineman i have ever seen.

Not sure if we will be good or not have to wait and see.SP has and always has had great ATHLETES and they will again this year.No mercy rules coming on this side.

Edited by orngnblk