Preseason Top Ten!

17 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

No Running back has came in.We will have to coach one up.2 QBs yes one played Slot and is a very good rec and also a good DB.Eighth grader is as good a young lineman i have ever seen.

Not sure if we will be good or not have to wait and see.SP has and always has had great ATHLETES and they will again this year.No mercy rules coming on this side.

Last year a Two Rbs moved in. One was a Fb. One from Alcoa other from Seymour. He will start this year too.  I'm not knocking it. Great for you guys. It just is funny that you replace what's gone. 

Edited by TTUBOBCAT

Just now, TTUBOBCAT said:

Last year a Two Rbs moved in. One was a Fb. One from Alcoa other from Seymour. He will start this year too. 

Ahh i see,i thought you meant this year.The Alcoa back didnt fit our system to well really didnt bring much to the table.Brown is the Fullback/DE from Seymour,i like the way he plays one of my favorites.Plays like we did back in the day,tough kid!Midway kid tried to tear his knee up and almost succeeded!

As has been said over and over on CoachT individual players does not a team make.  People seem to be dismissing the fact that GB graduated 16 seniors, most of whom were starters and picking up a few good players will not replace that.  There is certainly potential but they must stay healthy and come together as a team to be successful.  Right now I think they're a top 5 team but until they put on the pads and get a couple scrimmages under their belt there's really no telling how they will gel.  South Pitt is obviously the preseason team to beat out of the east, NO question!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

A lot of other schools get a few transfers but it comes down to the quality of athletes they get and Greenback has been getting some good ones.  There is a lot of good schools around Greenback.

There are a lot of good schools in the area but GB environment is a tad bit different. The PreK-12 experience is different and for those that have transferred in over the years they enjoy what that environment entails. Instant fans from the preK to MS kids. They are like the paparazzi in the halls and commons areas of the gym, cafeteria, library, front office, etc. The little boys wear their GB game jerseys on game day & the little girls are decked in orange & black with bows and glitter. There are photo ops and high 5s running rampant! The high schoolers are teaching assistants and help the younger grades. They see one of these littles upset in the hall or in the office and they come to the rescue offering assistance. This experience of having the responsibility of setting a good example knowing little eyes and ears are on you throughout the day really helps mature a teenager especially when they realize the impact they can have on those they have come to love and care for. They are like future Dads in training. I really think it curbs the culture of teenagers being teenagers doing dumb teenager things and being cool, aloof, & making bad decisions. Not easy explaining to a group of 5 or 6 year old fans that idolize you why you got suspended and aren’t playing on Friday you know. The new guys come in and just follow suit and it is an addictive culture. Word gets around about the special experience at Greenback and we’ve produced some pretty successful young adults ready for the transition to college or the workplace. I’ve been told and experienced that last Senior walk and final bus ride to the “Senior Lake Day” with the sidewalks lined full of young ones is a right of passage and bittersweet. Emotional for the waving kids and really pulls the heartstrings of those moving on and leaving their school family. Some might say what in the world does this have to do with football lol? My response is EVERYTHING!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GBKEES said:

As has been said over and over on CoachT individual players does not a team make.  People seem to be dismissing the fact that GB graduated 16 seniors, most of whom were starters and picking up a few good players will not replace that.  There is certainly potential but they must stay healthy and come together as a team to be successful.  Right now I think they're a top 5 team but until they put on the pads and get a couple scrimmages under their belt there's really no telling how they will gel.  South Pitt is obviously the preseason team to beat out of the east, NO question!

For most part agree. I have seen some individuals that made a huge impact. Gilbert was one of those. 

As far as the top 4 teams....could go either way. Injuries and a few breaks will keep any team in game. 

I’m not a big fan of transfers simply due to the advantages some teams have due to location but not gonna knock a team that does it by book. 

Hoping my boys get back to the show in a couple more years. We young but still hungry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sum1uno said:

For most part agree. I have seen some individuals that made a huge impact. Gilbert was one of those. 

As far as the top 4 teams....could go either way. Injuries and a few breaks will keep any team in game. 

I’m not a big fan of transfers simply due to the advantages some teams have due to location but not gonna knock a team that does it by book. 

Hoping my boys get back to the show in a couple more years. We young but still hungry. 

I could never knock any transfer for making a change to better themselves! I believe most not all people but most think just because some team received a big time transfer it guarantees wins! Well, put him on the field by himself and see how many games he wins?

Line up and play the game and let the boys decide the outcome!

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

No Running back has came in.We will have to coach one up.2 QBs yes one played Slot and is a very good rec and also a good DB.Eighth grader is as good a young lineman i have ever seen.

Not sure if we will be good or not have to wait and see.SP has and always has had great ATHLETES and they will again this year.No mercy rules coming on this side.

SP hasn’t had the athletes lately that Greenback has been blessed with the past several years. SP around 2007-2013.. yes they had better athletes, but not the past several years. Greenback will not mercy rule SP, but they could still easily win 1A with possibly the best Greenback team in the history of their University. 

5 hours ago, GBKEES said:

In December I would have said this post was spot on. Things have changed now though. A couple of big time transfer players in 1A make a huge difference. Add the fact that Greenback has D1 kids already on the roster. That’s a ingredient for immediate success. Greenback and SP after Thanksgiving will be a great game. 

42 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

SP hasn’t had the athletes lately that Greenback has been blessed with the past several years. SP around 2007-2013.. yes they had better athletes, but not the past several years. Greenback will not mercy rule SP, but they could still easily win 1A with possibly the best Greenback team in the history of their University. 

I beg to differ. This Greenback team is a different animal than you’ve seen before. We will beat South Pitt by 5 touchdowns or more. Nothing against SP, we’re just on a different level. We have a QB that started at Maryville.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TheGreenbackUniversity said:

I beg to differ. This Greenback team is a different animal than you’ve seen before. We will beat South Pitt by 5 touchdowns or more. Nothing against SP, we’re just on a different level. We have a QB that started at Maryville.

Only 5? Y’all pulling starters at halftime?

20 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

If these so called “recruits” weren’t going to be key contributors, nobody would have a word to say. We do it by the book and believe me with the principal we right now, he will make sure it’s done properly. And we honestly couldn’t care less if CoachT posters root for Greenback or not. We have one of the best small town football atmospheres, a great (new) school, a WINNING tradition, and THE BEST community. No we aren’t a private school, we are public. If people want to come here we aren’t gonna turn them away. If that’s called recruiting then everyone does it. Stop whining, enjoy the pre-season, and relax. Stars, talent, offers, and all this other stuff means nothing when that ball is kicked off. It’s a one-on-one game that anyone can win on any given night.

No. Not everyone does it.