Preseason Top Ten!

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Beating Milan is a sweet victory for me.  I went to school in Milan then went on to trenton and played football there. Beating Milan is as important to me as any game 

I enjoy beating Trenton as well but to be honest I have a healthy respect for them. Many years ago Milan and Humboldt was THE Gibson Co rivalry. But times have changed. I graduated 20 years ago and I would say anyone from my generation would consider the Huntingdung Mustanks our most hated rival. Really can’t stand them.....

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I enjoy beating Trenton as well but to be honest I have a healthy respect for them. Many years ago Milan and Humboldt was THE Gibson Co rivalry. But times have changed. I graduated 20 years ago and I would say anyone from my generation would consider the Huntingdung Mustanks our most hated rival. Really can’t stand them.....

We are around the same age. We went to school together when we were younger 

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

What does trousdale bring back ?  Keyvont Baines graduates doesn’t he ?   What about meigs what did they gain and lose ? 

Yes, he graduated. TC won't have a problem at the QB position coaches were grooming the next starter all season last year doing Baines suspension. Everyone is back except for 2 D-Lineman, RB, 3 OL. Last year starter at RB is back after being kick off the team after the 3rd game last season. With the new offense and the new OC, the offense will be very different than last season and better.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

As far as Meigs goes we basically have the same offensive skill players as last year with a few new faces on the line that played in blowouts the last year. From the coaches I'm hearing defensively we will be the same as last year and offensively we may be a tad bit better. Last year I believe we were a top 5 defensive team and a top 2 at a guess at offense.

You'll play the same type of offense as Watertown. But Meigs can actually throw the ball. I know Watertown put up some very good #. You'll have a very good QB he was a pain in TC butt that whole game and he ran the ball hard. I would say Meigs had the best offense I seen last year. 

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

As far as Meigs goes we basically have the same offensive skill players as last year with a few new faces on the line that played in blowouts the last year. From the coaches I'm hearing defensively we will be the same as last year and offensively we may be a tad bit better. Last year I believe we were a top 5 defensive team and a top 2 at a guess at offense.

Who is your other in that top two lol.

I believe Trenton had the best defense in 2A last year. 9 shutouts and only allowed 6 points a game average. UC in the third round was the most surprising shutout of the year to me. Feels good to win 35 to 0 over Union City any day lol

6 minutes ago, RTD said:

You'll play the same type of offense as Watertown. But Meigs can actually throw the ball. I know Watertown put up some very good #. You'll have a very good QB he was a pain in TC butt that whole game and he ran the ball hard. I would say Meigs had the best offense I seen last year. 

Appreciate those comments about Meigs. We had to fight for every inch in our game against you all which was something we werent accustomed to seeing as a fanbase. As far as Watertown goes I believe we were better as well. Our coaches dont run up the score on any teams we play. Numbers dont mean anything in situations like that. If we wanted, alot of the teams we played we could have scored 80 pts. Our offense was that good honestly but i respect our coaches for not doing that. Also our younger guys got alot of playtime because we didn't choose to run up the score and now we will benefit from it having playtime for younger players.

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You must have looked my name up in the profile. If I am at the game week 1 you should give me a shout. I may not make it because I have to work home games at my school. Haven’t checked the schedule yet. 

Nah I don’t know your name. You said 20 years and I’ve been out of school around that amount of time.  You may be a bit older than me 

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:14 PM, ladykee said:

There are a lot of good schools in the area but GB environment is a tad bit different. The PreK-12 experience is different and for those that have transferred in over the years they enjoy what that environment entails. Instant fans from the preK to MS kids. They are like the paparazzi in the halls and commons areas of the gym, cafeteria, library, front office, etc. The little boys wear their GB game jerseys on game day & the little girls are decked in orange & black with bows and glitter. There are photo ops and high 5s running rampant! The high schoolers are teaching assistants and help the younger grades. They see one of these littles upset in the hall or in the office and they come to the rescue offering assistance. This experience of having the responsibility of setting a good example knowing little eyes and ears are on you throughout the day really helps mature a teenager especially when they realize the impact they can have on those they have come to love and care for. They are like future Dads in training. I really think it curbs the culture of teenagers being teenagers doing dumb teenager things and being cool, aloof, & making bad decisions. Not easy explaining to a group of 5 or 6 year old fans that idolize you why you got suspended and aren’t playing on Friday you know. The new guys come in and just follow suit and it is an addictive culture. Word gets around about the special experience at Greenback and we’ve produced some pretty successful young adults ready for the transition to college or the workplace. I’ve been told and experienced that last Senior walk and final bus ride to the “Senior Lake Day” with the sidewalks lined full of young ones is a right of passage and bittersweet. Emotional for the waving kids and really pulls the heartstrings of those moving on and leaving their school family. Some might say what in the world does this have to do with football lol? My response is EVERYTHING!

Great post!  Can't beat the small town, small  community school , high school football experience.

1 hour ago, PHSRollTide said:

Who is your other in that top two lol.

I believe Trenton had the best defense in 2A last year. 9 shutouts and only allowed 6 points a game average. UC in the third round was the most surprising shutout of the year to me. Feels good to win 35 to 0 over Union City any day lol

I believe Meigs or Peabody had the best offense. I believe Trousdale had the best defense hands down. Like Meigs you seem to have had a pretty easy schedule for the most part last season. 

30 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I believe Meigs or Peabody had the best offense. I believe Trousdale had the best defense hands down. Like Meigs you seem to have had a pretty easy schedule for the most part last season. 

We did play some easy games but I promise you it wasn’t easy as a whole