Preseason Top Ten!

1 hour ago, Gbnation said:

That’s what it looked like to me also. 

I know we will strike a nerve but that is exactly what it was,very predictable.

As i have said before Cville was a good team but Coalfield with Mckinney was a better football team and Pitt was the best team we faced in 17.So i am curious to how GOOD the West teams will be????Any of the two i mentioned would have won the Gold ball that year IMO.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

I know we will strike a nerve but that is exactly what it was,very predictable.

As i have said before Cville was a good team but Coalfield with Mckinney was a better football team and Pitt was the best team we faced in 17.So i am curious to how GOOD the West teams will be????Any of the two i mentioned would have won the Gold ball that year IMO.

I agree

6 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

We all know that South Pitt is winning the east this year but other than Huntingdon and Lake Co. who are the possible surprise teams from the west this year 

Take your **** out of here. It’s going to be hard for anyone  to win the east when Greenback keeps getting studs in every week. In December I liked SP on paper by 2-3 scores, but once all the “new” players rolled in all that has changed. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

No surprises.  And if I were ranking the top 4 it would honestly look like this:

Greenback

Huntingdon 

Lake  County/South Pittsburg 

I agree with you. I said since 2017 that this 2019 team would be SP best chance to get back.  However, in no way, shape, form, or fashion did I ever think Greenback would successfully full each of their main losses with transfers. I’m not sure any team in the state is doing what they are on the transfer trail. Greenback won’t blow SP out this season, but it will be VERY hard to beat them in the semifinals. All the other teams they play to that point in the playoffs should get mercy ruled. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree with you. I said since 2017 that this 2019 team would be SP best chance to get back.  However, in no way, shape, form, or fashion did I ever think Greenback would successfully full each of their main losses with transfers. I’m not sure any team in the state is doing what they are on the transfer trail. Greenback won’t blow SP out this season, but it will be VERY hard to beat them in the semifinals. All the other teams they play to that point in the playoffs should get mercy ruled. 

Might just have to wait a little longer than expected but who really knows at this point.  There is always the unexpected with the expected.  Your posts are pretty accurate for the most part but not always. 

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Take your **** out of here. It’s going to be hard for anyone  to win the east when Greenback keeps getting studs in every week. In December I liked SP on paper by 2-3 scores, but once all the “new” players rolled in all that has changed. 

All the Greenback posters on here know exactly what they've got.  So much so, they're all laid back,  feet propped up soaking up the sun and eating eating honey buns.  The word going  around Greenback is 'Slam Dunk' and 'it's in the bag.'

Edited by Southtowner

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

All the Greenback posters on here know exactly what they've got.  So much so, they're all laid back,  feet propped up soaking up the sun and eating eating honey buns.  The word going  around Greenback is 'Slam Dunk' and 'it's in the bag.'

I guess so. If SP received the high profile transfers that bunch has in one off season I’d be saying the same thing. Right or wrong I call it like I see it. This 2019 Pirate team was the best team returning in the east as of December 1, 2018.  However, who would have ever thought Greenback University would “get in” this many high profile players. I remember in 2017 Greenback mentioned they were proud of their group because they were a homegrown group that had played together a long time. I kind of  thought this SP group reminded me of them being home grown and hopefully repeating that feat. Now... I’m just not so sure anymore. I hope I’m wrong, but the collection of talent collected in Loudon County is undeniable.  

Edited by TheAmbassador
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I guess so. If SP received the high profile transfers that bunch has in one off season I’d be saying the same thing. Right or wrong I call it like I see it. This 2019 Pirate team was the best team returning in the east as of December 1, 2018.  However, who would have ever thought Greenback University would “get in” this many high profile players. I remember in 2017 Greenback mentioned they were proud of their group because they were a homegrown group that had played together a long time  I kinda thought this SP group reminded me of them being home grown and hopefully repeating that feat. Now... I’m just not so sure anymore.

A lot of folks are high on us this year. I understand that but I'm a bit more hesitant this year to place us any higher than 4 place in 1A right now. With what we have had to replace across the lines and the linebacking corp the last two years is a lot more than I think most are assessing. 

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

On 12/12/2007 at 8:12 PM, CoachT said:

Please report any profanity you see on these boards by using the Report button at the bottom of a post. Even if our filter blocks it, report it since the intent will usually still be known.

You can also report other types of inappropriate posts using the same button.

Abbreviations or symbols in place of profane words, but in which the meaning is still there, are considered profanity. Don't use it. You don't need it.

Please follow the rules of the board Bass. Profanity is not allowed and is a zero tolerance offense on coacht. I attached the policy directly from coacht himself. You can see that abbreviations or symbols like you did above are clearly not allowed. Please follow the rules of the boards. 

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Please follow the rules of the board Bass. Profanity is not allowed and is a zero tolerance offense on coacht. I attached the policy directly from coacht himself. You can see that abbreviations or symbols like you did above are clearly not allowed. Please follow the rules of the boards. 

+1

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Good catch Butchie :roflol: