Preseason Top Ten!

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Sorry if this is posted already and I missed it. But here's Murphy Fairs top 10 for 1A

Coaches’ 2019 1A
Preseason Top 10 Teams

1. South Pittsburg
2. Greenback
3. Huntingdon
4. Lake County
5. Cornersville
6. Whitwell
7. Coalfield
8. Mt. Pleasant
9. Cloudland
10. Gordonsville

I posted it on the Murphy Fair thread.

I also stated it's a Coaches' poll and was compiled before the Great Migration. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Murphy is spot on having South Pitt at #1. They have unmatched depth for a 1A team and with the transfers no one should come close to challenging them. At one point I thought a potential semi final game between them and Greenback would be a hard fought game but not so much anymore. Glad that Murphy sees it too. 

Don't be a Bass.   It's unbecoming. :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Murphy is spot on having South Pitt at #1. They have unmatched depth for a 1A team and with the transfers no one should come close to challenging them. At one point I thought a potential semi final game between them and Greenback would be a hard fought game but not so much anymore. Glad that Murphy sees it too. 

Wait till you see the BIGun!

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This is the deepest Huntingdon team I've ever seen. Dont know how good we'll be but we're 2 deep with solid players at every position. Amazing depth for a 1a team. Our 2nd team is probably a top 10 team. We have 18 seniors many who are 3 year starters. Going to be interesting to see how good this team turns out.

5 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

This is the deepest Huntingdon team I've ever seen. Dont know how good we'll be but we're 2 deep with solid players at every position. Amazing depth for a 1a team. Our 2nd team is probably a top 10 team. We have 18 seniors many who are 3 year starters. Going to be interesting to see how good this team turns out.

Hmmm.I had heard after this year,Hunt. was going to be down.Must be a lot of juniors mixed in with some seniors.I remember the Hunt group that are now sophomores getting pounded in a half in a jamboree about 42-8.So seems like they have really gotten better to be a top 10 team.I think LC sophomores,next year with the Abbott kid at running back,Puckett at QB and the others will be in the top 8,maybe higher next year blended in with the juniors this year that will be seniors

3 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Hmmm.I had heard after this year,Hunt. was going to be down.Must be a lot of juniors mixed in with some seniors.I remember the Hunt group that are now sophomores getting pounded in a half in a jamboree about 42-8.So seems like they have really gotten better to be a top 10 team.I think LC sophomores,next year with the Abbott kid at running back,Puckett at QB and the others will be in the top 8,maybe higher next year blended in with the juniors this year that will be seniors

Mustangs will drop off some after this season but not as.much as some are predicting. Depth will be a problem next year but we have some talented players returning. That group of sophomores you're referring to ended up having a pretty good season after that jamboree whipping. Freshman class this year looks small but 8th, 7th and 6th grade classes are loaded.

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This is comical. What is your deal? Anyone with ANY sense knows that semifinal game will be a tough one. SP will also have to get through Gordonsville and Whitwell again before that happens. 

30 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Third time could be a charm for Huntington. You boys are in a prime spot for great talent as well. I as well as others predicted when you guys dropped down to 1A that you would be really tough.