Preseason Top Ten!

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

DzLUV8GU8AAD33S.jpgBig difference in rings over the last 30 years. 

Yeah I was there when the team got them for winning it in 17 and man alive how much different they are,but I don't care how  pretty thiers is ours means just as much!LOL(and easier to carry)

35 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I repeat LC was kicked out of playoffs in 87. Greenback won the title but it should have an asterisk beside it. Lol don't know anything about Bishop Byrne and wet field.

It does have an asterisk beside it said they were number 1 for 15 straight weeks!LOL!

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

In all seriousness private schools have cost Lake County at least 5 trips to the championship game over the years. Glad they are gone

NCS cost us,CAK cost us,Catholic cost us.BGA cost us.privates have hurt all the small schools one time or another.I agree glad they have their own division.

22 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

NCS cost us,CAK cost us,Catholic cost us.BGA cost us.privates have hurt all the small schools one time or another.I agree glad they have their own division.

How did CAK cost you?  They never won a single A championship. Didn’t even make one. The furthest they ever went in single A was the semi’s I believe. I agree with your post for the most part though. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

31 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

How did CAK cost you?  They never won a single A championship. Didn’t even make one. The furthest they ever went in single A was the semi’s I believe. I agree with your post for the most part though. 

Im just saying privates have knocked all of us out at some point or another,never know what might have happened if you got past them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Because in the east in the 80s there was not private schools in 1a like it was the west.

That is incorrect.  So Pitt and Trousdale had to wade through the alphabet schools in the 80s and 90s and even into the 2000s to make to the dance.  Then 6 times they beat the snot out of each other.  1995 SP lost to BGA 17 to 15 in Semi and BGA won it. In 1996, DCA took out SP and Trousdale and won it.

Edited by rlh

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Don't forget about Franklin Road Academy in 1991! We still should have beat them Brink Fidler who played for Vandy later made almost a 50 yard field goal as time expired to beat us.

11 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

You are right about everything you said. LC returns more starters than any team in the top 5. Added 3 real players. Everyone is picking Huntingdon from the west but I think everyone is in for a rude awakening. LC schedule is top notch and will have them ready for a game like Huntingdon. The Mustangs have got to prove they can get there first. The last two years they have been the favorite and come up short. We shall see if both teams have what it takes to represent the west.

Mustangs lost 5 starters. Senior dominated squad. Big fast team with a big time quarterback. Hope we get to you guys this time. We just couldn't get past a great Cornersville team but then neither could yall!