Preseason Top Ten!

Do i need to bring some cheese to this thread with how much wining is going on?

Its like Kevin Costner said in Field of Dreams "You Build it they will Come"

Since 1985 Greenback has made the play-offs 27 times out of 33 years, Have a new school, Been to the Championship game 3 times in the last 4 years and sit right in the middle of  two 3a schools (Alcoa and Loudon), a 5a School in Lenoir City, and two 6a Schools in Williams Blount and Maryville.  With that many big schools right next to you you're going to get transfers with the success they have had and if a player or a parent feels like thats a good option for their kid they are going to make a change of address and not effect their job at all. (Maybe a few more minutes to their commute).  Not to mention Greenback is a beautiful area with farm land and lakes all around you.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, hammerhound said:

More than questionable this is the reason I could never root for Greenback. They are the new private in public schools, but just like all the privates always said “ we are not recruiting players “.

Bahahaha bahahaha good grief y’all sure are jealous!!! The atmosphere and program recruits itself here:)

I think most people would rather win with homegrown kids instead on relying on transfers every year. I guess a coach doesn't really have to build a program when you can just get transfers to do it for you. IMO I would rather watch kids who grow up together and go to school their whole lives together build a program. That's just my opinion but to each their own.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I think most people would rather win with homegrown kids instead on relying on transfers every year. I guess a coach doesn't really have to build a program when you can just get transfers to do it for you. IMO I would rather watch kids who grow up together and go to school their whole lives together build a program. That's just my opinion but to each their own.

If I’m not mistaken didn’t you all get some transfers???!!  That’s like the pot calling the kettle black. Lol  

GB has gotten transfers since the early 90’s and several of them at different times. Someone said it earlier that just because these transfers come doesn’t mean that team will win. Bottom line is strap it up and play ball!! Good luck to your team this year unless we meet up lol. 

Just now, Gbnation said:

If I’m not mistaken didn’t you all get some transfers???!!  That’s like the pot calling the kettle black. Lol  

GB has gotten transfers since the early 90’s and several of them at different times. Someone said it earlier that just because these transfers come doesn’t mean that team will win. Bottom line is strap it up and play ball!! Good luck to your team this year unless we meet up lol. 

We got 2. LC might get 2 every 10 years. I was just stating my opinion. Never mentioned a school. Little sensitive I see. Lol. I for one would love to see LC play Greenback. 

2 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

We got 2. LC might get 2 every 10 years. I was just stating my opinion. Never mentioned a school. Little sensitive I see. Lol. I for one would love to see LC play Greenback. 

Not sensitive at all lol. 

I would like to see it also but both of our teams has a lot of work to do before that could happen. One game at a time!

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

Since 1985 Greenback has made the play-offs 27 times out of 33 years, Have a new school, Been to the Championship game 3 times in the last 4 years and sit right in the middle of  two 3a schools (Alcoa and Loudon), a 5a School in Lenoir City, and two 6a Schools in Williams Blount and Maryville.  With that many big schools right next to you you're going to get transfers with the success they have had and if a player or a parent feels like thats a good option for their kid they are going to make a change of address and not effect their job at all. (Maybe a few more minutes to their commute).  Not to mention Greenback is a beautiful area with farm land and lakes all around you.

It’s 3 6A schools. You forgot Heritage. Everything else in your post is spot on. 

If these so called “recruits” weren’t going to be key contributors, nobody would have a word to say. We do it by the book and believe me with the principal we right now, he will make sure it’s done properly. And we honestly couldn’t care less if CoachT posters root for Greenback or not. We have one of the best small town football atmospheres, a great (new) school, a WINNING tradition, and THE BEST community. No we aren’t a private school, we are public. If people want to come here we aren’t gonna turn them away. If that’s called recruiting then everyone does it. Stop whining, enjoy the pre-season, and relax. Stars, talent, offers, and all this other stuff means nothing when that ball is kicked off. It’s a one-on-one game that anyone can win on any given night.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Eddie Moore was great one if that's who your talking about with the SEC offer.  We played ya tough for a half that year when he was a senior then we got embarrassed in the second half.  We had a 235 lb tailback that year and I remember Eddie knocking him 5 yards backwards in a head on collision.  He was a beast who went on to have a great career.

Yes, that’s who I was referring to. He’s the only one I remember getting an SEC offer. Roy was proud of him. LMBO

8 hours ago, Swipes said:

Couldnt have put it better ourselves!Thanks Swipes!!

12 hours ago, hammerhound said:

More than questionable this is the reason I could never root for Greenback. They are the new private in public schools, but just like all the privates always said “ we are not recruiting players “.

You never heard me say that! I recruit every opportunity I get. If you have a hefty 5 year old that has swift feet I see a good future lineman and would suggest that you consider Greenback for your child's academic and athletic future. I love the program and love football and enjoy watching a winning team for 15 games a season.

Edited by GHSblackhelmet
Addison