Preseason Top Ten!

1 hour ago, TheGreenbackUniversity said:

I beg to differ. This Greenback team is a different animal than you’ve seen before. We will beat South Pitt by 5 touchdowns or more. Nothing against SP, we’re just on a different level. We have a QB that started at Maryville.

I give your University all the credit in the world, but saying they would beat SP by mercy rule.. that’s too over the top for even me. Well played.. LMBO

7 hours ago, ladykee said:

There are a lot of good schools in the area but GB environment is a tad bit different. The PreK-12 experience is different and for those that have transferred in over the years they enjoy what that environment entails. Instant fans from the preK to MS kids. They are like the paparazzi in the halls and commons areas of the gym, cafeteria, library, front office, etc. The little boys wear their GB game jerseys on game day & the little girls are decked in orange & black with bows and glitter. There are photo ops and high 5s running rampant! The high schoolers are teaching assistants and help the younger grades. They see one of these littles upset in the hall or in the office and they come to the rescue offering assistance. This experience of having the responsibility of setting a good example knowing little eyes and ears are on you throughout the day really helps mature a teenager especially when they realize the impact they can have on those they have come to love and care for. They are like future Dads in training. I really think it curbs the culture of teenagers being teenagers doing dumb teenager things and being cool, aloof, & making bad decisions. Not easy explaining to a group of 5 or 6 year old fans that idolize you why you got suspended and aren’t playing on Friday you know. The new guys come in and just follow suit and it is an addictive culture. Word gets around about the special experience at Greenback and we’ve produced some pretty successful young adults ready for the transition to college or the workplace. I’ve been told and experienced that last Senior walk and final bus ride to the “Senior Lake Day” with the sidewalks lined full of young ones is a right of passage and bittersweet. Emotional for the waving kids and really pulls the heartstrings of those moving on and leaving their school family. Some might say what in the world does this have to do with football lol? My response is EVERYTHING!

That’s great! Many small town schools across the state have those very same proud traditions. These schools have little wide eyed kids that look forward to growing up and fighting for the pride of THEIR hometowns. It must stink for a kid who has worked hard and put themselves into a position for a starting position, only to have a big time recruit roll into town as a senior. Year after year after year. New Tradition? Hey, at least they have a great chance for a ring. If not, there is always “Senior Lake Day”.

Edited by Waker
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Waker said:

That’s great! Many small town schools across the state have those very same proud traditions. These schools have little wide eyed kids that look forward to growing up and fighting for the pride of THEIR hometowns. It must stink for a kid who has worked hard and put themselves into a position for a starting position, only to have a big time recruit roll into town as a senior. Hey, at least they have a great chance for a ring. If not, there is always “Senior Lake Day”.

Waker.. at least you boys don’t have to try to upset the beast each year just to get to Cookeville. 

As bad as it pains me to take up for Lake Co, I have to. No one should complain about Lake Co getting a transfer. Over the past few years there are not many schools in the state that have had more players transfer FROM Lake Co to larger schools in the area like Dyer Co and Dyersburg. They still find a way to complete.

1 hour ago, Waker said:

That’s great! Many small town schools across the state have those very same proud traditions. These schools have little wide eyed kids that look forward to growing up and fighting for the pride of THEIR hometowns. It must stink for a kid who has worked hard and put themselves into a position for a starting position, only to have a big time recruit roll into town as a senior. Year after year after year. New Tradition? Hey, at least they have a great chance for a ring. If not, there is always “Senior Lake Day”.

We've had a few kids with hurt feelings here, but in the end winning is the cure all. All we do is win, win, win. I hate it that you are trying to take a shot at our kids and Senior Lake Day. That day is one of the best all year long and one that these kids remember for the rest of their life. Our academics are top notch and I can see why we get a lot of football players come here their senior year to play football because Greenback football and the academics get them ready for college like no other school around.

11 minutes ago, TheGreenbackUniversity said:

We've had a few kids with hurt feelings here, but in the end winning is the cure all. All we do is win, win, win. I hate it that you are trying to take a shot at our kids and Senior Lake Day. That day is one of the best all year long and one that these kids remember for the rest of their life. Our academics are top notch and I can see why we get a lot of football players come here their senior year to play football because Greenback football and the academics get them ready for college like no other school around.

You don’t get ready for college in one year of high school. They definitely aren’t transferring for academics their senior year 

16 minutes ago, TheGreenbackUniversity said:

I’m sure it’s a really fun day. Seniors football players from Maryville and Alcoa aren’t transferring for the top quality of academics that you can only provide at Greenback. They transfer because if you have a few college level players in 1a you have a very good shot at a gold ball. You need more than a few in 6a. 

8 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

You don’t get ready for college in one year of high school. They definitely aren’t transferring for academics their senior year 

I don’t know where this guy is from but he is hilarious! To say that we’re going to beat SP by 5 TD’s is just plain crazy. It does liven things up a bit though. 

1 hour ago, Waker said:

As bad as it pains me to take up for Lake Co, I have to. No one should complain about Lake Co getting a transfer. Over the past few years there are not many schools in the state that have had more players transfer FROM Lake Co to larger schools in the area like Dyer Co and Dyersburg. They still find a way to complete.

See there! You and I can be besties until round 4...Now it really wasn’t that painful!