Preseason Top Ten!

9 hours ago, orngnblk said:

South Pitt is the team to beat then Huntingdon.Lake County and all others playing for a distant third.

Who you kidding OnB, the Greenback Dynasty has began.  You guys just had a stumblin spell last year.  I expect the Cherokees to regain their balance this year.

Edited by rtl112

12 hours ago, orngnblk said:

South Pitt is the team to beat then Huntingdon.Lake County and all others playing for a distant third.

You keep thinking that.Lake Co has added 3 starters on defense this year.One from Covington,one from Dresden and the other had to sit last year but would have been a starter last year

20 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

A stud player plays hard every play not every 4th play. I am willing to wager a coke that the player from Covington is better along with the others that joined the Falcons. Player that left could have been great but chose not to be. I wish him all the best at Dyer County and maybe become that player we all expected him to be. No reason to keep beating a dead horse. He is gone now.

Yourright.If guy from Cov is that good,and transfer from Dresden is a starter,and Abbot kid back this year,should really be special on defense this year

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

You keep thinking that.Lake Co has added 3 starters on defense this year.One from Covington,one from Dresden and the other had to sit last year but would have been a starter last year

Well im just going on what has happened in Cookeville the past two years.A Real good Cornersville team got railed by GB in 17 and it could have been alot worse if we wouldnt have closed the play book.Last year a VERY LUCKY Whitwell team beat the best of the West again and a healthy GB team very well could have beat that Cornersville team by 21 if Gilbert would have stayed at GB it would have been over at the half.So my thinking is the top two teams from the East will still the best teams in the state again this year BUT the West has to send one into the slaughter house for the Pirates to beat up on.Just my thoughts.:popcorneater:

12 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Well im just going on what has happened in Cookeville the past two years.A Real good Cornersville team got railed by GB in 17 and it could have been alot worse if we wouldnt have closed the play book.Last year a VERY LUCKY Whitwell team beat the best of the West again and a healthy GB team very well could have beat that Cornersville team by 21 if Gilbert would have stayed at GB it would have been over at the half.So my thinking is the top two teams from the East will still the best teams in the state again this year BUT the West has to send one into the slaughter house for the Pirates to beat up on.Just my thoughts.:popcorneater:

3rd round and especially the semis will be tough sledding for the Pirates this year.  I think the Pirates missed an opportunity when the let Whiwul get them into OT in the 3rd round this past season.  We had them on 4th down and a country mile 3 or 4 times in the 4th.   When Touchdown Jesus shows up, there isn't much you can do.  Just ask Boyd Buch.  Then that epic FG against you guys.  SMH.

Edited by rlh

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You don't know if Greenback would have beat Cornersville last year or not. Cornersville was better than Whitwell last year but didn't get it done. Here we go again with the east is superior junk again. We will see. Dresden destroyed a good Greenback team a few years back. I guarantee you that it's not a touchdown difference in the top 3 teams this year. Not so sure Greenback will be as good as the last few years. Yeah, Greenback should be 4 in the polls but the press will keep you in the top 3 all year. I like your thinking though at least you support your team.

Edited by lakecounty1968