Haywood and Dusty Rhodes

Indian

34 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

Yeah, and your attitude toward "umpires" is a symptom of a larger problem.

You're basically saying my conversation with this umpire and what he said to me, and keep in mind that this was the calling umpire, does not matter.  You are either calling him or me a liar.  I'm sorry I contributed to this discussion.

"Birds of a feather flock together."  Really?  I offer first hand, factual information to this discussion and you tell me this?

Ed, do the letters KMA, mean anything to you?

I’m glad you contributed. And I believe you. No reason not to... Umpires have a unbelievably hard job. I can’t imagine having to listen to all the complaints even during the best called game.

10 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

I’m glad you contributed. And I believe you. No reason not to... Umpires have a unbelievably hard job. I can’t imagine having to listen to all the complaints even during the best called game.

I know What umpires have to listen to. But I wonder If it was possible for the umpire to throw in a KMA during the heated conversation. Heck I got a KMA just by saying they stick together.  Hmmmmmm????

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

I know What umpires have to listen to. But I wonder If it was possible for the umpire to throw in a KMA during the heated conversation. Heck I got a KMA just by saying they stick together.  Hmmmmmm????

No you got what you got because you were suggesting we umpires stay together and basically implied we cheated.  You got personal.  If you were a coach, I would have warned you.  I can't warn you on here, therefore, you got a KMA.

With that being said, I am done with this.  I have given you facts that were given to me in person and you choose to give me your opinions regarding what happened or what you think might have happened.  Facts outweigh opinions.

2 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

No you got what you got because you were suggesting we umpires stay together and basically implied we cheated.  You got personal.  If you were a coach, I would have warned you.  I can't warn you on here, therefore, you got a KMA.

With that being said, I am done with this.  I have given you facts that were given to me in person and you choose to give me your opinions regarding what happened or what you think might have happened.  Facts outweigh opinions.

You keep coming back ump.  You are just proving my point. Shakin that bush boss!!!!  Hahahahahahahahaha. KMA still cracks me up. Keep that level head thin skin. By the way if I was Getting personal I would Have directed a KMA right at you first. You know kind of like what you did. I never Did that and again I stated Early that I agrred With the call.  Hahahahahahahahaha.  KMA. Still laughing know you are representing the umpire profession. You kind of went off the deep end like Dusty. 

Edited by BigEdMo

I just want to point out that  just because someone involved in an incident tells you what happened afterwards does not make it factual. Unless someone is there and sees the events unfold with their own eyes they have no clue if something is factual. People lie. Point blank. And oftentimes they do it to cover their own behind. 

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I just want to point out that  just because someone involved in an incident tells you what happened afterwards does not make it factual. Unless someone is there and sees the events unfold with their own eyes they have no clue if something is factual. People lie. Point blank. And oftentimes they do it to cover their own behind. 

Watch out Big. Them is fighting words. You won’t get a warning. Shakin the bush boss. Hehehe

19 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

While this is true you and I have seen enough on video to give us cause for concern.  The coach lost his marbles over an illegal pitch call.  That needs to be remedied by the Association.  Also the emptying of the dugout needs to be addressed.  

Also I would like to thank catsbackr for contributing to the conversation here.  

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

While this is true you and I have seen enough on video to give us cause for concern.  The coach lost his marbles over an illegal pitch call.  That needs to be remedied by the Association.  Also the emptying of the dugout needs to be addressed.  

I agree With all of you. I just Simply brought up a different scenario and look how feathers have gotten ruffled. I will State this again. I agree With the call. I agree That Dusty deserves punishment. But I do Believe that I have shed light on the fact on how people even umps can loose control and even do things to instigate. My bush shaking is done here. Hahahahaha. On to football. Also no hard feelings Catsbackr. I am Sure you are a good fellow and would not lie. Thank you for willing to umpire. But still KMA still cracks me up. Hahahahaha

48 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

Warned him?  Power hungry there ump?

1 hour ago, catsbackr said:

You still fail to address Big Ed's original question. What about the inconsistencies by the umpires who all season long did not make this call against the picture or the team? Please address this none of your other BS just answer the question. What about the amps who all season long did not make the call against this team or the player for an illegal stance? Inquiring minds want to know your thoughts on this subject. Or are you just going to stick together and Duck and Cover? I will be shaking the bush waiting for your response.

Edited by ReitzFan

1 hour ago, catsbackr said:

Your last paragraph speaks volumes. You imply that your OPINION is fact because of what the man told you (we all read his "official" statement), and that others' opinions are irrelevant because of that alone. That attitude is a small part of why officials catch so much grief from fans. I have a question... Do you honestly believe that a veteran coach with multiple state titles, multiple other state playoff defeats, and who also is an official, goes bonkers without any provocation over what amounts to the punishment of two pitches missing the strike zone? Dusty has experienced the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows of high school baseball in his long career without exhibiting anything close to that dropping of his pants on the big stage, and my OPINION is that he didn't.

I'd like to thank you and all officials for what you do for the game, and for what you voluntarily endure from ordinary people who feel that the price of admission buys them the right to verbally assault another human being over a game, and I'm totally sincere. Having said that, I'd like for you to consider the fact that all fans are not ignorant, loud, disrespectful morons who haven't a clue about the rules of the game, and that officials are human not only when they are mistreated and abused, but when they make errors in judgement too. Those three little letters you typed to BigEdMo were an error in judgement... he never was disrespectful nor aggressive toward you, he merely presented his OPINION based on what he has heard, just as you did.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Haywood Co Superintendent is named Joey Hassell. On his Facebook page (which is public for anyone to see) he talks about how Haywood has appealed the ruling because they feel it is unfair punishment of their student athletes. I simply can’t wrap my mind around how he thinks students running on the field, yelling (assumably) not such nice words at umps and jumping at them as if to hit them is ok. Maybe this is a toxic culture problem that exists outside of the baseball team.....